Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations to GF3.

All that work to build a factory and all I see are 15 keyfobs. At least they have headlights though!

72717241_10162441234785142_6659876370505531392_n.jpg

All of these sort of possibilities are what make this unveiling so fun. Tesla has been working on this truck for a long, long time. I'm crazy-excited to see what they unveil. All I can tell you is this:
  • Any changes from what's "conventional" will be purely for purpose - in order to be able to deliver the best stats and functionality for the last cash
  • It may be different in some way or another, but it won't be weird. It'll look great and desirable. Because this is Tesla, and that's what they do. Musk is obsessed with attractive aesthetics, to the point where even the walkway for crew to get onto their rockets is a veritable piece of art. Also, posting this for posterity: 04456a8b24fa5ecc4ef7e2208d753eb71a0f35939fe4bce65cbae05982a8f42a

I’ve been traveling and out of pocket the last couple of days.

Price downturn a counter attack by the shorts, profit taking by longs or a by product of some FUD news?

Btw: dear shorts: you can derail temporarily but the wave is coming right at you.

Btw2 & OT: If you have an opportunity to travel to Vegas, go see Lady Gaga’s Jazz show.

It was truly superb!

I could understand the expected delivery dates for various European countries, Except for Iceland. What does the Tesla site state as delivery date for Iceland?

"First half of 2020". I was told that the first batches to Iceland would likely would be February or Mars (I should be near the top of the list). But if people on the mainland ordering SR+ for the entire rest of this quarter won't be getting theirs until Q1, then I'm increasingly doubtful that any are going to make it to Iceland in Q1. D*mn you mainland Europe, stop eating up all the bloody supply! #DemandProblem #NoDemand

I’ve been traveling and out of pocket the last couple of days.

Price downturn a counter attack by the shorts, profit taking by longs or a by product of some FUD news?

Btw: dear shorts: you can derail temporarily but the wave is coming right at you.

Btw2 & OT: If you have an opportunity to travel to Vegas, go see Lady Gaga’s Jazz show.

It was truly superb!
The battle for viability of EVs and tesla is over and people soon won't care where the motive power of the car comes from, the battle for data driven FSD is next (pun intended)....

Reactions: 2virgule5
More like: If consumer reports were looking at the results they would say “driving fun got 100 points, paint got 75 so overall score is 50.”
Won't CR be responsible for their documented misleading recommendations when the Tesla fatality and injury rates turn out to be lower than cars they recommended against their own data? A class action suit or something perhaps?

The expected delivery times in Europe for the Model 3 Standard Range Plus jumped to February next year. The LR and P can still be delivered in December.

It looks like they will sell out for Q4 very early. Likely means extremely limited end of quarter discounts and good margin boost. I wonder when Elon will send a tweet saying place US orders now for 2019 delivery. I think people may only have one or two more weeks to get the remaining US credit.

Good news, everyone.

“Murray Energy Corp., the private coal giant whose founder pushed the Trump administration for an overhaul of what it called “anti-coal” environmental policy, filed for Chapter 11 protection on Tuesday.

It’s the fifth coal company to land in bankruptcy court this year, in a rapidly shrinking industry that’s being squeezed out of the U.S. power market by cheaper options such as natural gas, solar and wind power.“

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...iles-bankruptcy-coals-role-us-power-dwindles/

It looks like they will sell out for Q4 very early. Likely means extremely limited end of quarter discounts and good margin boost. I wonder when Elon will send a tweet saying place US orders now for 2019 delivery. I think people may only have one or two more weeks to get the remaining US credit.

This is also very positive for next Q1 demand. By the end of year, half of next Q1 is already booked.

Q4'19 revenue yoy +20%
Q1'20 revenue yoy +70%
Q2'20 revenue yoy +30%
Q3'20 revenue yoy +40%
Q4'20 revenue yoy +40%

This past quarter is the last quarter media can claim it's negative growth.

......bears also trash talk in a manner that seems delusional at best, or outright manipulative.
When I can do the opposite of shorting a stock I will agree and say Longs manipulate the stock. Until longs can borrow 7-12 million shares EVERY day and make some (millions) disappear for some ridiculously low interest rate there is no real manipulation on the longs part.... oh and make sure there is no need to report it either. You know, for example if I take a 5%+ stock interest in a company versus if I short 5% of the company.... well good for me it's a secret.

Update. On 9/6/19 I lightened my equity moving about 20% to cash. I posted about this. This was due to concern about the stability of the markets after a long expansion and in consideration of the manipulation of the tariff situation for political reasons and instability related to impeachment. Several things really.

I decided to include some TSLA stock in the sale as part of tax selling and planning to get back in over the 6 months or so - possibly convertible bonds. The transition to Y could be challenging if Model 3 demand sagged in anticipation.

By the time my tax sale window was satisfied, the stock was starting to creep up and I kept waiting for a better price and I waited and waited and waited as the stock climbed over 100 points. This was not part of my plan but this reinforces the folly of believing my own mad stock market skills:oops:

The Q3 report was a surprise and the solar roof advance was unexpected as well as the advance of Y hitting substantial production early. With battery info yet to come and the truck in the wings, there seems to be rising momentum going into 2020. Lately the suggestion/idea of starving the domestic market a bit going forward struck me a way to navigate the transition to Y with more control/levers that made a lot of financial sense.

Today I started to buy back into TSLA again replacing about 40% of what I had sold. I will probably try to nibble on dips. I am posting this because I said I would, it helps me and maybe helps someone else. I would like to continue to move back in below 300 but ...

I don't see a lot of downside potential between now and deliveries. But I'm always surprised how the stock is able to drop on no news. Any reason to believe we have much farther to drop?
You must be new here. Technically, there's $314 farther to drop. I hope it doesn't, but odds are the ziggy-zaggy stock-chart-lines will at some point go up and down at least another $20-$30 each way over the next few weeks. That's what they been doing, and all I know is what I been seeing with my own eyes. This is not an advise, but I bet they do exactly that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically his rant is that Tesla has poor quality control and warranty work remains the same or goes up--even though the chart posted earlier indicates the opposite and Tesla took that into account when they lowered the warranty provisions. Typical shorty BS from facts not in evidence.
Yeah shorty BS for sure. Especially when the fixed costs of labor, parts, machinery, facilities is spread over more volume (i.e more cars sold) of course the per unit (car) cost of warranty work should go down, not up, even if the rate or direct variable cost of service stayed the same. Now we now from various comments and anecdotal experiences of Raven and newer Model 3 buyers that there seem to be better quality control, so even the direct variable costs for warranty/service over the same length of time appears to have gone down. I have a new Raven X and compared to my 2016 X I haven't had any issues whatsoever. The 2016 was an early build (for Canada) and had a few hiccups. YMMV!

Good news, everyone.

“Murray Energy Corp., the private coal giant whose founder pushed the Trump administration for an overhaul of what it called “anti-coal” environmental policy, filed for Chapter 11 protection on Tuesday.

It’s the fifth coal company to land in bankruptcy court this year, in a rapidly shrinking industry that’s being squeezed out of the U.S. power market by cheaper options such as natural gas, solar and wind power.“

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...iles-bankruptcy-coals-role-us-power-dwindles/
MECś pension obligations will likely disappear as a result of the bankruptcy, so not so good news for the employees.

GM, Toyota, and Fiat are backing Trump's ridiculous lawsuit against the CA clean air standards.
*fast forward anywhere from 6 months to 5 years from now
"Halp, these new air standards aren't fair. We didn't know this was coming and now we will be at a disadvantage!" Pollution and climate change aside, they are short sighted idiots.

GM and Toyota Support Trump Administration on Emissions Rollback

Here’s the same story on Electrek, with an honest headline.

GM, Toyota, and FCA pit themselves against humanity in move that will kill more people with pollution — Opinion - Electrek