Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, sick is "krank", while "Kranke" is "patients" or "sick people".

I.e. it's more like "house for patients" and "vehicle for patients" - less funny. :D

But German compound words are funny indeed, such as one of the longest German words:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

That's the name of a German statute. Yeah, German bureaucracy is unparalleled. :D

"Beef Sticker Application Monitoring Task Transfer Statute." I kid you not!
I would make a joke about Germans being very precise as well, but I see you are in Vienna so.... ;)

Hardly surprising, I'm pretty convinced that even native Icelanders struggle with their mother-tongue on occasion.

I mean, look at this word - would EVERYONE know the meaning just like that?

Vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúrslyklakippuhringurinn

Commonly believed to be a real thing here, although in reality apocryphal. Although I've many times been tempted to build such a roadwork toolshed on Vaðlaheiði just to make it legitimate ;)

Hardly surprising, I'm pretty convinced that even native Icelanders struggle with their mother-tongue on occasion.

Edit - the longest "proper" English word is: Antidisestablishmentarianism

Imagine being in middle school in Ice Land with 50 new words a week to memorize the spelling.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.19.48 PM.png
Since I started following Tesla in mid-2012 the short position has almost always been in the low 20 percent area or higher.

The massive move from ~$40 to ~$180 over 4 months in 2013? Low point of short position was about 18%.

As has been said here for years, I'd be surprised if the short position (and the interconnected misinformation campaign) doesn't really substantially fade until about 2022 at the earliest.

If a +300% move in the stock over 4 months in 2013 didn't change anything much, why would a +24% move over a few days have a meaningful impact?

Of course, there are some with short positions who probably sweated both moves. I think most likely, they are just innocent bystanders making up a small portion of the at least 7 year long massive outlier sized Tesla short position (perhaps historically unprecedented).

The bulk of that massive short position... as said here for years, sure looks like a pocket change investment in trying to extend the life of the fossil fuel economy by slowing down the transition to sustainable energy.

I will be delighted if I'm mistaken about this, but, I do not see either the massive short position or the massive misinformation campaign cut down to size for years.

On a practical level, I think it helps to be prepared mentally for this, so as to reduce frustration over the next round of misinformation and irrational price dipping.
Significant amount of short interest is probably a direct hedge by MM for all open and sold puts, and will not really disappear, until TSLAQ really gives up, and stop buying puts at this ratio.
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.20.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.19.48 PM.png

Commonly believed to be a real thing here, although in reality apocryphal. Although I've many times been tempted to build such a roadwork toolshed on Vaðlaheiði just to make it legitimate ;)

And there's no wiktionary page for it. Maybe you'd like to create it?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúrslyklakippuhringurinn

TSLA: roughly following macros? Could move if anything interesting happens at the Economic Club of New York....

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
Rumor is Elon is accepting a prize for the model 3 tonight.
If its after 10pm (4 pm EST) he might let a few hints out.

Imagine the TSLAQ outrage when Elon's wins this Model 3 prize and also announces the German GF4.

"Elon chose Germany to throw away more cash in return for Merkel fixing this award for Model 3. It's a clear sign of a desperate and fraudulent attempt to boost Model 3 demand and imminent bankruptcy"

OT :

Edit - the longest "proper" English word is: Antidisestablishmentarianism

No idea.

The way it works in Sanskrit and other Indian languages is that the compound word can be easily broken down and understood by native speakers because the rules for combining and breaking down are part of the language they have learnt. I guess its similar in a related language like German. English is a bit different because of large number of loaned Latin words.

Ofcourse it also means academia can make up complicated words by combining various native words which only they understand. Like that "Antidisestablishmentarianism".