Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure there will be no partnership.
They've already made couple of negative comments without naming Tesla.
1. Technology should serve people, not the other way around (pretty obvious -about AP/FSD)
2. We've listened unlike others and added screen in the front so you don't have to get distracted.

Hyping up the great inventions they've come up with without mentioning this wheel was already invented before them.

Innovative trunk in front of the vehicle...Innovative? Really?
Well if they truly have 300 miles of range and 3.5 to 60 for a $60k EV, then bravo Ford and they should have said more about their motors and their batteries and their charging network, because the creamed Nissan, GM, Jag, Audi and Mercedes. Suspiciously so.

Reactions: BornToFly
Well if they truly have 300 miles of range and 3.5 to 60 for a $60k EV, then bravo Ford and they should have said more about their motors and their batteries and their charging network, because the creamed Nissan, GM, Jag, Audi and Mercedes. Suspiciously so.

According to arstechnica the bigger battery size needed for 300 miles of EPA range is 98.9kWh for the RWD configuration. That's Model X/S territory, which makes me wonder how are they making money selling the top trim for 60k?

The larger pack is 98.9kWh, made from 12 modules of 376 cells. That's a lot of energy to play with, and Ford thinks that will be sufficient for 300 miles (482km) when fitted to a rear-wheel drive Mach E, which should go a long way to countering range anxiety. DC fast-charging one of those at 150kW should take the battery state of charge from 10 to 80% in 38 minutes.
Source: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/11/heres-everything-we-know-about-the-electric-ford-mustang-mach-e

The price is on point for a newcomer. The efficiency is just like the rest. They are using 25kw more than Tesla to get the same done.

Do you mean "you knew their *wasn't* Tesla collaboration because it was on time"?

Not sure about that one, but *I* knew there wasn't Tesla collaboration because there was never a chance there would be Tesla collaboration on this one, despite this thread's collective lost mind this weekend.

Really shows how inefficient the motors are. Adding a second motor absolutely tanks the range while Tesla you are giving up like 6-7%. Here you are giving up 25%+

Isn't it like 8.6% on the standard car (230 down to 220) and 16.7% on the LR RWD to the GT (300 down to 250), but the LR AWD to the GT AWD is 7.4% (270 down to 250.) just for the performance motors.

Last edited:
Not sure about that one, but *I* knew there wasn't Tesla collaboration because there was never a chance there would be Tesla collaboration on this one, despite this thread's collective lost mind this weekend.

Just for the record, I also started there wouldn't be a collaboration because power train is the heart of an automaker's brand image. Just pointed out that IF there was one, then it would have proved our speculation about Maxwell being right.

Looking at the specs, Ford should have gone to Tesla..lol. These manufactures are all hitting an efficiency wall on motor design. Just couldn't get those magnets lined up like how Tesla is doing it as Munro speculated.

Or irrelevant. Who is "Robb Report"?

Edit: I see. An American Lifestyle magazine. Is it popular/widely read?

It is somewhat popular with men over 50 that make over $200k/year.

Just a minor correction: USA != World. But yes, the pick-up market in the US is huge. Success will depend on 1, how crazy Elon got with the design (one key Tesla success factor was that their cars look like normal cars) 2, how quickly thy can start making them.

PS: For instance the US and European new car market is roughly the same size (2018 US was 17.3M Europe was 15.6M), but about 8 of the European Top 10 would fit in the back of an F150.

Pickups are quite popular outside of Europe. The difference is outside of North America most pickups are compact with 4 cylinder diesel engines.

Now that China is wealthier Ford has started to import Raptor Pickup Trucks into China.

Is this you?
Alter Viggo on Twitter

Oh, btw this thread says F signed up to VW's MEB EV platform:
Ford and Volkswagen team up on EVs, with Ford the first outside automaker to use VW’s MEB platform – TechCrunch

So, seems like this would put an end to F/Tesla partnership speculations.

MNCs are not monogamous.

That makes no sense! Elon Musk has not been shy about letting known his dislike of traditional auto-dealerships. Anyone who doesn't understand that probably shouldn't be investing in Tesla with real money.

Anything Ford does selling rebadged Teslas, or Ford glyders with Tesla powertrains is additive to what Tesla does.Ditto for service.

I doubt Elon minds a Model Y owner getting his vehicle serviced in rural Northern Michigan at a Ford dealer when there is no Tesla service center around and won't be for some time.

In areas were there are Tesla and Ford dealerships around if Ford sucks as hard as you suppose at service they won't get any business from Tesla customers or owners of Ford rebadged Teslas. Competition takes care of this problem. I am sure some Ford dealers will step up and some won't.

Anyone who is not anti-Tesla or anti-Elon would rather have a genuine Tesla than a Ford rebadged Tesla. Those that won't consider a Tesla might very well consider a Ford badged Tesla. At least 15% of Americans believe Ford is much more likely to be around in 2040 than Tesla and therefore much rather have a Ford warranty and Ford dealership backing his vehicle. That might be bat *sugar* crazy but to decarbonize transport we need to sell BEVs to even dumb people. At least those that buy new cars.

What Ford would do in a theoretical partnership with Tesla is additive. IF Tesla is powertrain constrained I am sure they won't do a partnership. I think/hope that is coming to an end soon.