Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The realist voice inside tells me that the truck will have a more mixed reaction than any other Tesla product, and despite how cool the technology could potentially be, the stock will drop after the reveal just like nearly every other reveal we’ve had in the past: super charger reveal, Model Y reveal, Solar Roof reveal, Model X reveal, Semi truck reveal, etc.

I hope the Tesla pickup will be a hit, but again, the realist in me says it won’t matter as short term traders and Fudsters will push the stock down a bit until more positive news comes out of China. Hedge accordingly, good luck.

The wife just rejected my proposition of date night watching the Cybertruck event. Model Y reveal really did a number on her enthusiasm for Tesla events. :rolleyes:

View attachment 479623

Ply her with alcohol. It’ll be the best time she never remembers. Make sure to put a phone in her hand so she can order her truck.

Is anyone else reading that as a non-denial denial? In order for that statement to be true, it just means:

1. Their TSLA position has been more profitable than most of their other short positions
  2. They still hold some sort of short position in TSLA
It says absolutely nothing about how that short position has changed recently, or is changing.

Actually it doesn’t even mean item 1 has to be true. “Best” can be anything - as in he could be saying he thinks it’s his best short position for future potential profits.

The wife just rejected my proposition of date night watching the Cybertruck event. Model Y reveal really did a number on her enthusiasm for Tesla events. :rolleyes:

View attachment 479623
Seems it’s catchy :D
9BA04F94-B057-4200-9F39-BFF90CE3D846.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, but sometimes I drive my truck on dirt roads. So...

Yeah, but I bet you don't drive your EV in the rain! Everyone knows electricity and water don't mix. I only drive my Tesla on paved roads and only if it hasn't rained for at least a day. Because it can take a while for the puddles to evaporate. And snow, that's just water too once it melts so never in the snow. Dirt too. You don't want that getting between the batteries and the contacts because then you will have an open circuit and it won't work anymore. Dirt, dust and mud are all enemies of batteries and electric motors. Because it's very hard to seal a motor against these things. Gas engines are naturally sealed because they have to be. Otherwise, all that oil would drain out.

Those EV's are kinda fragile. That's why I never floor it. It starts shaking and complaining. I'll feel lucky if it lasts until the end of the warranty. Given all this, I just don't think they are ready to be used as a real truck. /s

Last edited:
I think with Semi they want to be extra-sure that reliability is high, since reliability is more important for semis than private vehicle owners.
I don't know that I would say that, I think it's probably about equal. The semi however will need to have its reliability measured in a different way as most of its miles are going to be on the highway, so I would think reliability would be easier to achieve. The Cybrtrck on the other hand may go through some extremely rough territory with a lot fewer miles but just as much battery and motor usage, so reliability may be harder to achieve but just as important.

Yeah, but I bet you don't drive your EV in the rain! Everyone knows electricity and water don't mix. I only drive my Tesla on paved roads and only if it hasn't rained for at least a day. Because it can take a while for the puddles to evaporate. And snow, that's just water too once it melts so never in the snow. Dirt too. You don't want that getting between the batteries and the contacts because then you will have an open circuit and it won't work anymore. Dirt, dust and mud are all enemies of batteries and electric motors. Because it's very hard to seal a motor against these things. Gas engines are naturally sealed because they have to be. Otherwise, all that oil would drain out.

Those EV's are kinda fragile. That's why I never floor it. It starts shaking and complaining. I'll feel lucky if it lasts until the end of the warranty. Given all this, I just don't think they are ready to be used as a real truck.
You forgot the /s

One off the wall "One more thing" or surprise would be they have a new S and/or X that shares some of the futuristic design cues of the CyberTruck…….So CyberS and/or CyberX. Just Cyber everything Elon!

I hope that he has at least a few staff members walking around in Cyber themed attire for the event. And lasers.

Ply her with alcohol. It’ll be the best time she never remembers. Make sure to put a phone in her hand so she can order her truck.

I'm of the conviction the truck is going to look awesome.

But I'm not sure plying her with alcohol and putting a smartphone in her hand is the smartest thing. If the truck is as bad as they naysayers say it will be, imagine her horror when she wakes on on the couch in the morning and checks her phone to remember what the truck she bought last night looks like!