Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$40k-$70k is not niche. $120k Rivian is niche. They will sell every one they can make. This drop is a gift, because the real driver for the next 2 years is solar and GF3, and those things just got overlooked by some broken glass that no other truck would have withstood anyway. You can bet now the real thing will be even better than what Elon thought was there.

Totally agree! Elon is brilliant.

And anyone who thinks the side windows were not supposed to break is not too smart in my opinion. This was a *planned* stunt obviously. After they both broke Elon said something like, "hmmm, I guess we'll need to work on that." Tesla gave the people who wanted to write something bad something "real" to focus on. It's like leading your enemies into the pit.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Last edited:
I just quadrupled my relatively small position in TSLA. The truck is polarizing, but it's not a make or break product for the company, and will sell well enough to pay for itself. The more interesting thing is what the truck pricing says about where Tesla expects to be on battery pricing in 2 years. The 40K version must have at least a 90kWh battery for 250 mile EPA range, as the truck is going to have worse aerodynamics than a model X. And Tesla is pricing it the cost of a Model 3 SR+. That means that Model 3 and Model Y will edge down into Camry, Honda Accord and mid-size ICE SUV pricing to keep demand up as supply expands.

"Will be an option to add solar power that generates 15 miles per day, possibly more. Would love this to be self-powered. Adding fold out solar wings would generate 30 to 40 miles per day. Avg miles per day in US is 30." - Elon
Just 5 miles a day would be epic. Park it in a field and come back in 2 years to a fully charged truck. Epic apocalyptic move *sugar* there. That rolling cover seems like a good place for some solar glass tiles.

Reactions: Tslynk67
I don't know what to buy here. LEAPS aren't going to be cheap enough and I'm not sure what the next big trigger will be. I guess Battery Day should be pretty insane, certainly last night's $40k pricetag for base model and 550mi top range should give us a clue that significant progress is coming. Buy shares @ $330 will in retrospect be the right move obviously, just can't bring myself to do that. I'm too cheap.

Gonna sit tight for a bit I think. I'm in TSLA and cash waiting for blood in the streets after the dying oil industry crashes the global economy.

I picked up a few more shares on the dip, fundamentals of the Co. didn't change (if anything future battery costs look spectacular) and Q4 is shaping up very nicely.

On a completely different note, I placed an order for 5 Cybertrucks! :eek: There is simply too tremendous an opportunity here for me to ignore. I have to remind myself at this point it's only really $500 at risk!
Still. :eek:
I'm going to go be ill for a while now.

People though tesla was going for a 500k+ a year model and yet they went niche with as polarizing a design as possible.

Can't tell if you're completely clueless or just trolling? Elon told us it was going to be a polarizing design and people may not like it, how did you get "tesla was going for a 500k+ a year model" from that? Seriously?

Couldn't agree more. Right when Tesla begins to really make a dent into the mainstream buyers, it goes and pulls this stunt.
Elon told us they were going to "pull this stunt". How could you be surprised?

I just quadrupled my relatively small position in TSLA. The truck is polarizing, but it's not a make or break product for the company, and will sell well enough to pay for itself.
More than enough. Tesla has just made every other truck look like a horse drawn carriage.

Cybertruck doesn't mean it's the end of road. They can always do regular truck

So Cybertruck will be in a segment all it's own. In Rap Videos, Games, Burning Man ... Cool Factor to the roof ...

Think Cybertruck Specs in Regular truck down the road ....

For Regular truck, Tesla doesn't need to create the market, others will have to do it. Then Tesla will come up with a EV truck Killa ... once Country Songs start showing EV trucks :)

SP down is not an indicator of the reaction to the truck design and any related long term views about Tesla’s prospects. The SP just needed a catalyst to go down after having run up so much so fast (couldn’t breach 360). I think it is a healthy pullback. Any reasonable investor would know that if the design doesn’t generate demand, Tesla can tweak it. The specs are totally awesome.

I wish Elon would sell the practical advantages of the truck during his presentation. Presumably they choose this shape, materials etc for a reason, but he didn't explain it well. Stainless steel = no rust, would be a great point (but wasn't made). Stainless steel = stop 9mm rounds, is not something 99.9% care about.

Maybe make a few dramatic points for effect, but they already had it covered with the sledgehammer. Felt like the whole presentation was obscure points, while showing almost nothing related to actually using the truck (e.g. inside, back).

It's commonly said that Elon designs "from first principles" and perhaps so, but his presentations aren't at all.

Last edited:
Cybertruck doesn't mean it's the end of road. They can always do regular truck

Think Cybertruck Specs in Regular truck down the road ....

So Cybertruck will be in a segment all it's own. In Rap Videos, Games, Burning Man ... Cool Factor to the roof ...

agree with this. Cybertruck will be its own market anywhere from 100-250k a year

I think Tesla has hit it out of the park again.
The specs are amazing.
The design is cutting edge.
I think the demand will be magnified by the competition between civilian and military buyers.
They will capture the jeep & hummer market.
This is the future.

(you may want to accumulate more TSLA while the market figures out what just hit them)

I placed an order last night for the Tri Motor with FSD. I got an error that there were too many requests. So I went through the process again. This time it went through. Now this morning, I have 2 emails with 2 different reservation numbers. I was going to cancel one, but then I was thinking I'd just keep it. Why not?

So I have reservation numbers:

RN112760200
RN112770727

Anyone know what the starting number was? Is there a thread tracking these?

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash