Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can probably roll up a smallish jacuzzi too and get the beer from the fridge without leaving jacuzzi.
I posted this pic in the CT thread. I think I'd need the smaller spa model though as was pointed out.
truckwin.png

Given that the API appears to be broken it does seem like they put all their eggs in one basket, whether that is Fremont or elsewhere. That doesn't fly and will become a bigger issue the more vehicles there are. I really didn't think it would be done like that. Even where I work we have considerable redundancy. But it was for me as well so it appears to have been across the nation. (working now)
Perhaps. It's hard to believe that this size a company wouldn't have a fallback.

I definitely feel like I'm living in bizarro world. I bought 2022 LEAPS Monday after the 200K order number. Now we have more than a quarter million reservations, Model Y appears to be really moving up in delivery date, record quarter coming, Q1 2020 is looking to be probably 2X of this year, and the stock is still barely above 330? What am I missing...? :confused:

I definitely feel like I'm living in bizarro world. I bought 2022 LEAPS Monday after the 200K order number. Now we have more than a quarter million reservations, Model Y appears to be really moving up in delivery date, record quarter coming, Q1 2020 is looking to be probably 2X of this year, and the stock is still barely above 330? What am I missing...? :confused:

Several million dollars to manipulate the stock?

That there was a lot of speculation, and waiting shorts, in the leadup to the pickup launch? :)

All that means is that anyone who wanted another buy chance before the Q4 numbers gets one. :)

Patience.

Welcome to TSLA? ;) I have some December calls that were looking to make me a few grand before the CT. Now it's iffy. :(

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
The exoskeleton's thickness was, presumably, determined by how much strength and stiffness was needed to make the vehicle do what it was supposed to do. The bullet resistance was just a byproduct. It might be that a smaller vehicle would need the same or almost the same thickness. You won't just be able to reduce the thickness because the vehicle is smaller due to the stiffness and strength requirements.

A shorter wheelbase vehicle with lower load capacity would need dramatically less strength in the chassis. If Tesla designs a smaller passenger vehicle with a shorter wheelbase and lower load capacity the thickness of the SS exoskeleton would certainly be thinner!

Is there any member of this forum that HASN'T ordered a CT? Seems a pretty huge uptake to me, more so than M3 and MY were.
@Lycanthrope
I looked at the CT and went, ugly, but utilitarian, and trucks (like mine) get dents, dings, rust (2003 Chevy S10)
Then I thought, got a brain spasm, zzzzttt.
CT is 75kw, powerwall is 13.5kw
Therefore 1 CT = 5.5 powerwalls (small model)
Look at cost for 1-3 powerwalls on Tesla.com
Holy jumping jehosephat!!!

Therefore I buy 1 CT, get 5.5 powerwalls AND a —>free<— truck
What’s not to like? (Plus no rust)
Edit:
I expect to see a bunch of them at Burning Man
There is an AEZ (alternative energy zone) that only allows renewables
Haul in your stuff, power the camp,etc

Last edited:

/s

https://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/$25+Trillion+Bull+Case+for+Autos...+Replace+Every+Gas-Guzzler+with+an+EV/16188124.html
Morgan Stanley
analyst Adam Jonas highlighted today that the potential replacement value of electric vehicles for gas-powered vehicles is a whopping $25 trillion. His math is 1 billion cars on earth multiped by the average cost to replace a car of between $20k and $25k: 1 billion x $25k = $25 trillion.
Which is why he valued TSLA at $10 a share. ;)
@Lycanthrope
I looked at the CT and went, ugly, but utilitarian, and trucks (like mine) get dents, dings, rust (2003 Chevy S10)

*buys 4 trucks to power home

I think what is missing is the shear magnitude of incomprehension of shorts and other non-bullish folks.

The only appropriate analogy for shorts and Tesla is non-believers and the theory (and evidence) of evolution.

After On the Origin of Species by Darwin and perhaps better explained in The Selfish Gene by Dawkins, one has to be in awe of the massive amount of time required for mutation, competition, and evolution of organisms to arrive at what exists in current times. In fact, it is so hard to believe for many, that it is simply easier for them to believe that creatures were created in say, 6 days.

Even as more and more evidence shows up supporting the theory of evolution, some folks will cling to their alternative theory (which has no facts) which is more palatable and their mind can still process.

Likewise, the success and advantages that Tesla has over competitors is essentially incomprehensible to shorts and other non-bullish folks. They can't understand the magntidue of time and work put into the company that gives them signficant leads in many facets that will be important in the future green economy. The compnay is just made up of ordinary people, how could it be that different from a Ford or a VW?

Despite the evidence that this is so, shorts prefer to chose incomprehensible theories, especially the fraud elements. Not because there is any evidence, but only because it is simpler for their brains to make sense of.

To add to the amusement of this analogy - the key promoter of the theory evolution and the key promoter of the Tesla energy revolution are intertwined.

Richard Dawkins promoted the concept of and name "meme". Elon Musk is one of the key promoters of memes in current day.

Elon Musk and Tesla of course revolutionized electric cars, and Richard Dawkins owns a Tesla.

Did I do a good job @Richard Dawkins

Loss of map data

Last edited:

During holiday weeks, bears usually short with impunity. I am surprised the 330 support is holding the way it has been. I suspect all of this consolidation is setting us up for another climb up ahead of 4Q earnings.

I think what is missing is the shear magnitude of incomprehension of shorts and other non-bullish folks.

The only appropriate analogy for shorts and Tesla is non-believers and the theory (and evidence) of evolution.

After On the Origin of Species by Darwin and perhaps better explained in The Selfish Gene by Dawkins, one has to be in awe of the massive amount of time required for mutation, competition, and evolution of organisms to arrive at what exists in current times. In fact, it is so hard to believe for many, that it is simply easier for them to believe that creatures were created in say, 6 days.

Even as more and more evidence shows up supporting the theory of evolution, some folks will cling to their alternative theory (which has no facts) which is more palatable and their mind can still process.

Likewise, the success and advantages that Tesla has over competitors is essentially incomprehensible to shorts and other non-bullish folks. They can't understand the magntidue of time and work put into the company that gives them signficant leads in many facets that will be important in the future green economy. The compnay is just made up of ordinary people, how could it be that different from a Ford or a VW?

Despite the evidence that this is so, shorts prefer to chose incomprehensible theories, especially the fraud elements. Not because there is any evidence, but only because it is simpler for their brains to make sense of.

To add to the amusement of this analogy - the key promoter of the theory evolution and the key promoter of the Tesla energy revolution are intertwined.

Richard Dawkins promoted the concept of and name "meme". Elon Musk is one of the key promoters of memes in current day.

Elon Musk and Tesla of course revolutionized electric cars, and Richard Dawkins owns a Tesla.

Did I do a good job @Richard Dawkins

Loss of map data
Please change your font.

@Lycanthrope

Edit:
I expect to see a bunch of them at Burning Man
There is an AEZ (alternative energy zone) that only allows renewables
Haul in your stuff, power the camp,etc

Really valid point. Although this is late 2021 truck, so perhaps Powerwall economics will have changed by then. That being said, still likely the CT will represent a tremendous deal.

Also have to wonder what this means for Powerwall margins. They should be increasing rapidly.

Cannot believe that “What If” channel took the mania of CyberTruck and made this Video 5 days after the presentation. A lot of images of CT and very funny conclusion. I suspect if will have positive impact on stock price . The subscriber of the channel are mostly open minded people and accept new things and ideas easily

On Facebook the title is
“What if every car was a #Cybertruck?”

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash and gene