Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minecraft-Pocket-Edition-Passed-30-Million-Downloads.jpg

Login on Twitter
#56 according to Find out who's not following you back on Twitter, Tumblr, & Pinterest.
Kanye West #59
Bill Gates #21
Trump #11

Curious, and only if you do not mind sharing. What are your favourite for the hedge against money printing? cash generation? I am somewhat worried about the propping up of the economy, but truthfully have been for years so even if something happens, I can't time it.

There are several aspects to it. The QE/Not-QE type of printing where monetary base gets expanded, but only for banks. There's also the exceptionally low interest rate which still only benefits wallstreet. And the eventual spill over to mainstreet when the dam gets broken.

Current money printing effect is ring fenced in the financial sector only. The direct beneficiaries are the banks. Resulting in lower interest rate and extreme liquidity that prevents ban and bank like entities from dying. The reality of this is that it is actually causing a slight deflation as the largest demographic, the boomers, are seeing cashflow contraction due to reduced pension returns and reduced term deposit returns.

At the same time, the cost of everything is increasing. Less volume means less cost efficiency from mass manufacturing which increase the cost of everything.

I have some interest rate product betting for an increase in interest rate when the wallstreet bailout eventually spill over to main street, increasing the cost of everything. It is a bet against negative interest rate basically.

Also preparing to get into Real Estate as that is one of the hedges.

Some physical metal in very small denominations. When SHTF, gold trading will only work in the beginning of any crisis and 1kg bar of gold can theoretically buy you a lot of things, but not secure to carry around.

There are many other hedges that I did, mostly in SINs that people commit when things are going downhill. But I'd rather not mention these unsavory things. Unfortunately, I will only mention politically correct stuff on a public forum so you probably won't get too much out of my answer that you didn't already know.

This just popped up on my news feed:
93 MWh Tesla Powerpack Coming To Alaska To Save Customers Cash

93 MWh Tesla Powerpack Coming To Alaska To Save Customers Cash | CleanTechnica

this is close to the end of the road where Tom Boddet and Jewel (not together)lived for a while - if it works here it will work in lots of places in Alaska and other remote areas.

Trailhound
I live a couple hundred miles north

@KarenRei
i'm not so sure if mine is "acceptable"
BUT I'm congratulating Lawrence Fossi. aka Montana Skeptic on his "retirement" at a youthful age, how he could have almost doubled the money he collected for Skaboooooshska IF he had put it in Tesla back on May 29th when it was $190/share, how he has lots of free time at a relatively young age of retirement and is "free" to write for Seeking Alpha, how I will buy him a drink of "Napoleon Brandy" (i'm serious) when TSLA passes $5,000/share in a few short years (split adjusted if necessary), [[which he will need]] and how the shorts are following the graph Charles Minard made of Napoleon's disasterous 1812 march to Moscow and back when he turned an army of 422,000 into 10,000, wondering where they are (probably just leaving Kowno and not at Smolensk yet):):):):):cool:
edit:
hopefully Montana will "gift me" one of his 'famous drinking mugs'
edit:
unbroken
edit:
Lead free glaze!
:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::)
I would not want to meet him. The guy is not dumb, and I have nothing against shorts. But the guy is intellectually dishonest and sleazy.