Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind, this is an amendment to the existing act, not an entirely new one. Thus, changes are retroactive to the original passing.

We might want to start a separate thread for this if one doesn't exist already. But the entire amendment is indented under "In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2019—". It doesn't strike any of the previous text that defined the previous phase out periods, it only defines new periods for new vehicles.

Vehicles produced since Dec 2009 are included only for the purposes of determining when the new transition and phase out periods begin.

Electrek - 2 hours ago: https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/15/t...ongress-is-looking-at-renewing-ev-tax-credit/

Below is what I have most recently written to those who represent me in Congress. Others may want to do the same.

Please change the wording in the bill that proposes an expansion of Electric Vehicle (EV) tax credits. The bill could be greatly improved by providing a universal SUNSET date, or a quota for the TOTAL number of new EVs delivered in the US, rather than the currently proposed production limit per manufacturer.

The individual production limit for each manufacturer punishes the risk-taking American innovators that were first to make EVs, while giving the latecomers (including foreigners) reason to dawdle even longer.

The tax credit goes to car buyers, not the manufacturers, so it makes no sense to relate the tax credit to individual production quotas for each company. Consumers should not be forced to choose an EV based on which particular brands still qualify for tax credits.

In any event, please see that the EV tax credit expansion bill is passed in some shape or form. But do not include hybrid vehicles, which would defeat the purpose. Our prospects for a future with clean air and a non-harmful climate are depending on you.
Done.

Thanks for a well written letter!

Many believe I have outlived my usefulness; probably when I was two years old ~ yet now I am older than dirt.

England is showing signs of their Little Yellow Pill addiction and Elon caught wind of the problem and selected Berlin as the location of the next Gigafactory.

How does this amount to a hill of beans? Or stock pricing? Lots of negative stuff (writing and statements) is a-float that “EV sales are declining.” If you are addicted to the little yellow pill and see charts only with EVs, then yes, a decline is evident. If you are not taking or have kicked the yellow pill habit; you will notice that; one, there are no media published/easy to find charts of declining fossil fuel sales state side; two, if you are observant, then answer the question “why are fossil fuel cars being advertised thousands (several thousand) of dollars cheaper?” Note, for the last few years Tesla car sales have spiked in the last quarter of the year. I do not have a answer beyond “Xmas Cheer,” and it works. The first quarter of the year falls off. Most likely because Santa let Rudolph (me) back out to pasture. So, ol’ wise one ~ are the fossil fuel price reductions to combat the tax incentives or are they suffering price reductions due to EVs cutting off the flow of oil? Bottom line; are their record sales becoming oldies/moldies?

Now, wake up back there! Soon, I have been blocked from inside information, the Model “Y” will be released into the real world or wild ~ I do not know the release date. FYI ~ there is no wild anymore ~ just sayin’:) Elon will state that hundreds of thousands will be released day two after the announcement. Two key points for the investor in each of us. First, hundreds of thousands will be released ~ all in due time. Second, just not by tomorrow. This is the “pie in the sky effect.” Those with vision and hope for a better tomorrow; not just for their children and grandchildren; but for mankind/womankind; they are the ones that see pie Ala Mode; others ~ well it is a pie in the face:)

I cannot predict the future, but my life is like that of a cat; I apparently have at least nine ~ probably more lives ~ I know, right; O-crap:) I heard you back there:)

What the hell is that coming down the road ~ oh yeah, it is my CyberTruck coming to pick-me-up:) I hit the summons link instead of “post reply.” See ya:) Hmm, I could buy my wife a candy apple red roadster; but that would be the last thing I buy:-( as she would shoot me towards Mars.

oh yeah, solar recovering too:)

Last edited:
Nice to see an end of the year push in energy department as well. While getting Powerwalls installed on Friday the crew told that Tesla has reversed their decision on flat roofs and now have dedicated teams for this type of install. I've been going back and forth withy Tesla on this as they recently stopped and now started again in my area as I wanted to increase my system size. I got this message after inquiring about an upgrade.
No demand :)

Thank you for your email. We’ve had an incredible surge in Powerwall and solar demand. All of our teams from design, permit to installation are currently at maximum capacity. As we head into the holidays, we’ll continue to work around the clock to deliver our products as fast as possible, but we’ll have to navigate holiday schedules with the local permitting offices.

You can expect to hear back from us in January. Thank you again for your patience.

Nice to see an end of the year push in energy department as well. While getting Powerwalls installed on Friday the crew told that Tesla has reversed their decision on flat roofs and now have dedicated teams for this type of install. I've been going back and forth withy Tesla on this as they recently stopped and now started again in my area as I wanted to increase my system size. I got this message after inquiring about an upgrade.
No demand :)

Thank you for your email. We’ve had an incredible surge in Powerwall and solar demand. All of our teams from design, permit to installation are currently at maximum capacity. As we head into the holidays, we’ll continue to work around the clock to deliver our products as fast as possible, but we’ll have to navigate holiday schedules with the local permitting offices.

You can expect to hear back from us in January. Thank you again for your patience.

I'm still pending my initial Solar install contact. Tesla as Solar City use to cover my previous town, but now they do not. I've been pending an install since September.

New Nice to see an end of the year push in energy department as well. While getting Powerwalls installed on Friday the crew told that Tesla has reversed their decision on flat roofs and now have dedicated teams for this type of install.

That's great news: the only reason Joe Rogan isn't advertising the Tesla Solar Roof with the same enthusiasm he is advertising his Model S (to his 7 million subscribers, for free), is because Tesla refused his (apparently flat-roof) solar install order ...

giphy (13).gif

It's nice that they are reversing that policy!

From CNBC. Uh, isn't it like THE key area of electric vehicles?

Wall Street bear concedes Tesla is way ahead of others in one key area of electric vehicles

• “We expect Tesla to highlight why its work in battery gives it a clear competitive advantage vs. other automakers,” Credit Suisse said.
  • While Credit Suisse did not budge its pessimistic stock rating or price target, analyst Dan Levy said he and his team visited Tesla’s Gigafactory 1 in Nevada and came away impressed by its strategy.
  • “We believe Tesla is leading in the areas that will likely define the future of carmaking – software and electrification,” Credit Suisse says.
“Tesla is likely ahead of others on batteries – the core of the electric powertrain,” Levy said.

Levy noted that last year Tesla had a total 44 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery capacity, with 35 GWh from its Nevada Gigafactory and 9 GWh imported from Panasonic. According to Levy, that’s so far ahead of the industry that it is just shy of the 46 GWh of all other automakers in the world combined. GWh is a unit that measures energy output and represents 1 billion watt hours.

We might want to start a separate thread for this if one doesn't exist already. But the entire amendment is indented under "In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2019—". It doesn't strike any of the previous text that defined the previous phase out periods, it only defines new periods for new vehicles.

Vehicles produced since Dec 2009 are included only for the purposes of determining when the new transition and phase out periods begin.

Was thinking the same thing on both topics. The merge of the bills, and a thread to avoid a dissertation in this one:
Green New Deal EV Proposal Discussion

That's great news: the only reason Joe Rogan isn't advertising the Tesla Solar Roof with the same enthusiasm he is advertising his Model S (to his 7 million subscribers, for free), is because Tesla refused his (apparently flat-roof) solar install order ...

It's nice that they are reversing that policy!

I'll try to message Joe and let him know, at least here in AZ they are doing the installs but I cant see why they wouldn't do it everywhere..

The way I read the bill, if they buy now and it passes in 2020, they get the $7000 amount. There is no downside to purchasers.

(1) IN GENERAL.—In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2019— ‘(A) if such vehicle is sold during the transition period, the amount determined under subsection ...

I also believed in the applicability of the new language to 2019 EVs, but the quote above did not inform that opinion. Because as the bold part shows, it talks about post enactment cars. “Such vehicle.” This paragraph is neutral as to previously sold cars.

Further down in the Title is what narrows the impact of all amendments to post-enactment cars. There would be no change, neither plus nor minus, to 2019-delivered EVs.
Straddling a page break ... In between two items about three-wheelers, so I didn’t even see it until I was parsing the new credit for Used EVs.
Ready? “EFFECTIVE DATE”

AEBA1E3E-CBD5-497D-8441-4832F115E782.jpeg

edit to add: Subsection (a) is at the tippy-top saying “(a) IN GENERAL.—Section 30D(e) is amended to read as follows: ...”
Effective Date of the whole Electric Vehicle Credit change... is after 2019 sales are done. Unless the Effective Date line is removed in negotiations.

Last edited:
Contrarily, this section is just packed full of trigger words are automatically going to make Republicans hate it:
(...)
I can't imagine that surviving the Senate. A billion dollars per year to "environmental justice" at "Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions"? Might as well title it "TITLE VI - Easy Hippie-Punching Clickbait For Fox News"
It is simple. This section is designed for being changed or cut in negotiations. It is like setting price, you always set price somewhat higher than price that you actually want so you can lower it during haggle.

For some luxury goods quantity demanded increases as the price increases ... You are assuming everyone will be smart but I think I'd rather bet that there are a sizable pool of people who would rather look rich than smart.
Veblen good - Wikipedia

Trust me, I’m not looking poor driving a Tesla. How do you explain the poor sales number from Jaggy and Audi EV units?

From CNBC. Uh, isn't it like THE key area of electric vehicles?

Wall Street bear concedes Tesla is way ahead of others in one key area of electric vehicles

• “We expect Tesla to highlight why its work in battery gives it a clear competitive advantage vs. other automakers,” Credit Suisse said.
  • While Credit Suisse did not budge its pessimistic stock rating or price target, analyst Dan Levy said he and his team visited Tesla’s Gigafactory 1 in Nevada and came away impressed by its strategy.
  • “We believe Tesla is leading in the areas that will likely define the future of carmaking – software and electrification,” Credit Suisse says.
“Tesla is likely ahead of others on batteries – the core of the electric powertrain,” Levy said.

Levy noted that last year Tesla had a total 44 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery capacity, with 35 GWh from its Nevada Gigafactory and 9 GWh imported from Panasonic. According to Levy, that’s so far ahead of the industry that it is just shy of the 46 GWh of all other automakers in the world combined. GWh is a unit that measures energy output and represents 1 billion watt hours.
Yet, they still have the stock target at $200 :rolleyes:o_O:mad: