Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope we get to 420 before/after deliveries.
I bought 420 call for this occasion to have shorts secure the funding for me taking (some) Tesla private @420.
Screenshot_20191219-131301_Firstrade.jpg

Not risking much if this doesn't happen, but would be pretty cool otherwise.

A thought just occurred to me while readjusting my chair for the 10th time after sitting too long.
Can tesla sell their seats individually for desk use? I mean with all the pneumatic and servos and stuff that self adjusts.
I've been noticing for quite a while now that the Model 3 seats are the most comfortable ones I've ever had and even better than the one I use at my desk.

Anyway, nice to have when they are not conquering the world anymore.

Holding pretty steady just under 405.

Semi-OT. We are getting the predictable whining posts about how it's not fair that Tesla is charging for more power via software unlock because "it should just be free because reasons". Makes sense. I'm going to sue Adobe because my trial version of Photoshop is the same as the real version, but it's just software locked. That's so unethical and they should give it to me free because it's the exact same software.

One person's long ride with a PUT sale.

On January 16, 2019, I sold a $340 PUT that would expire Jan 18, expecting to make a small gain when it expired. Things went awry, so I rolled it. The rolling continued as the share price fell until May when I rolled to Jan 2021. Today I finally closed the position with a $72 gain! Persistence pays off. I know I could have waited longer, but I just didn't want to look at it any more...

340_put.jpg

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/19/evgo-tesla-connector-nationwide-charging-network/

Could this be pretty big news? (on any normal day for the stock, it would be huge news)

A network of non-Tesla-connector BEV charging stations is installing Tesla connectors at its charging sites!!!

In other words the definition of "industry standard," in the BEV charging world, could be changing.

It can only be because Tesla has to date sold the vast majority of BEVs.

TSLA headed back to $406 ?

Ugh, unfortunately all I get out of this is Tesla will never offer a CCS adapter in the US.

Holding pretty steady just under 405.

Semi-OT. We are getting the predictable whining posts about how it's not fair that Tesla is charging for more power via software unlock because "it should just be free because reasons". Makes sense. I'm going to sue Adobe because my trial version of Photoshop is the same as the real version, but it's just software locked. That's so unethical and they should give it to me free because it's the exact same software.

I’ve seen the same coordinated FUD messaging that Tesla is ripping off people because they’re inhibiting hardware that they “allegedly” bought.

FUD is so truly disgusting.

Reactions: Nocturnal
First time poster (long time lurker)...

As my user name suggests, I am about to make, by far, the largest bet of my life and will be buying 1,000 shares of Tesla once the funds clear in about a week or so. I will be using a good amount of borrowed money to make the purchase (which includes some margin from my broker as well).

Fortunately, I have a pretty good and steady job that would allow me to pay back any loses within 4-5 years or so if things go south (I am a CPA as well so even if I lose my job I should be able to fine another one fairly quickly in my market). The way I see it, I am borrowing from my future to buy Tesla at this level today, as opposed to buying the same number of shares over the next 4-5 years.

I would never recommend this to anyone and am still having second thoughts myself but on my death bed I will look back at this and say I am glad that I did it (whether it works out for me or not).

Good luck to all but especially Tesla!
Just thought I would check in and say hello. The comment above was posted when TSLA was sub $200.

There were 9 people that disagreed with the comment, 2 people through it was funny (as if I was making a joke), 1 person called me out saying I was lying short troll (never understood that theory) and 1 person said I was bullshit since 'a CPA would never do that'.

The moral of the story... listen to yourself and not others. I wouldn't call my profit life changing (just yet) but it is pretty close. I have now started selling off some shares to pay off the margin.

Thanks to all that liked/loved the above post!

tesla pic.JPG

Ugh, unfortunately all I get out of this is Tesla will never offer a CCS adapter in the US.
Well if all evgo stations end up with Tesla connectors that breaks the ice and maybe electrify america will do the same. Or not, but if they can attract Tesla owners for charging that will help their revenue stream considering there are more Tesla's than any other EV in the US and that gap is likely to widen for the near future at the least.

To be honest I'd rather have that than have to buy and pack an adapter that I would be unlikely to use.

Well if all evgo stations end up with Tesla connectors that breaks the ice and maybe electrify america will do the same. Or not, but if they can attract Tesla owners for charging that will help their revenue stream considering there are more Tesla's than any other EV in the US and that gap is likely to widen for the near future at the least.

To be honest I'd rather have that than have to buy and pack an adapter that I would be unlikely to use.
Me too. Especially one that's liable to be big and clunky.

Just thought I would check in and say hello. The comment above was posted when TSLA was sub $200.

There were 9 people that disagreed with the comment, 2 people through it was funny (as if I was making a joke), 1 person called me out saying I was lying short troll (never understood that theory) and 1 person said I was bullshit since 'a CPA would never do that'.

The moral of the story... listen to yourself and not others. I wouldn't call my profit life changing (just yet) but it is pretty close. I have now started selling off some shares to pay off the margin.

View attachment 490269

DANG! 1,000 !!!

I’ve seen the same coordinated FUD messaging that Tesla is ripping off people because they’re inhibiting hardware that they “allegedly” bought.

FUD is so truly disgusting.
They have to squirt more squid ink out to invite naive shorts in to let the smarter ones quietly leave. But today is a very, very nice day so I don’t mind. At all.
Robin

I thoroughly agree. This puts the onus on Electrify America but I doubt they will do anything.

Curious if this will be a revenue sharing thing where Tesla will get a small cut and make money (I would hope so) rather than a way to get more stations out there. EVGo will be more expensive than Tesla, roughly 2-3 times from my napkin math, so would rather Tesla build out their network, but it is a good thing in any case.

Reactions: jerry33 and humbaba

View attachment 490269
If I had the cash I would have purchased more but I was tapped out from buying down to 200. Definitely agree that being a CPA has nothing to do with investment strategy, it's not like you didn't know it was a risk. Cheers.