Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And he is getting a pay check most of us would envy.
46 out of 100 is less than a blinded guess and thinking that when sales are down the only culprit could be a slowdown of demand. Even a toddler could come to another conldusion when stores are empty and there is no inventory.

A sell off because of this nonsense? There are some people losing a lot of money because they listen to these clowns.

I still understand nothing about stock markets, but one thing is becoming pretty clear. These "analysts" only work as signal makers. They release their useless notes to inform all MMs it is time to coordinate (on top of that, most people know this and just follow the flow...). Remember the note in late May it was time to believe in TSLA? Just before the run up. Then we got the stupid note on Christmas eve, but the big buyer was still hungry so it did not work. Today, it worked (plus people taking profits).
Mostly to avoid paying a lot of money to options players I guess.

So, the sell off is not because of the analysis. To sum up, markets are pathetic.

So if we have a pre-deliveries dip now, does that mean a post dip is less likely as the weak longs and short ammo have been shaken out? (I know who knows right?)

I still find that concept weird. I held (actually bought more) down to 200 SP. How are there any weak longs still in play?
I don't believe in karma, so full gloat mode activated :D I've been battling these idiots for over a decade while they've done everything possible to kill the one company which will probably end up doing more to push civilization towards a renewable energy future than any other. People fighting against a sustainable future for their own short term gains are enemies of humanity. Would you show mercy on aliens who came to terraform this planet for their own use while making it uninhabitable for us?
I do, and I believe they are getting what they deserve. Pollution and climate change are existential threats to humanity, threats to my lifestyle and health and more importantly threats to the lifestyle/health of my children and future grandchildren. This isn't a friendly game of poker. The short crowd are pushing dangerous propaganda and constantly lie.

I still understand nothing about stock markets, but one thing is becoming pretty clear. These "analysts" only work as signal makers. etic.
Their clients pay a lot of money for the privilege of underperforming boring index funds.

I don't believe in karma, so full gloat mode activated :D I've been battling these idiots for over a decade while they've done everything possible to kill the one company which will probably end up doing more to push civilization towards a renewable energy future than any other. People fighting against a sustainable future for their own short term gains are enemies of humanity. Would you show mercy on aliens who came to terraform this planet for their own use while making it uninhabitable for us?

Agreed.

To sum up, markets are pathetic.
I agree with much of the sentiment in your post. However, I draw a slightly different conclusion.

To sum up, markets are not efficient (my uchicago economist son would be horrified to hear me say that)

However, it is this very inefficiency that allows one to purchase undervalued stocks, give them time to appreciate, and then realize the benefits of having better insight into the stock than the general market did (as reflected in the current price).

Last edited:
I wasn't ready to take advantage of this dip on the good news from China Giga. I should know better. it's TSLA doh!

I am expecting a drop in SP after the "miss" in P/D numbers is announced by the analysts. This time, I do think that they will tone down their "updated" numbers somewhat in an attempt to convince more than just the bots.

Man, annoying that I was asleep early today (I was travelling home last night). I've been deleveraging during the rise and would gladly have releveraged some at $410 :Þ $420 isn't tempting enough.
Annual downtime for software maintenance/upgrades? ;)

Please don't post a FUD - sounding link without a summary. I don't want to give them a click to find out what they're talking about.

Sorry, it does look legit. Just bad luck with rear motor failure. The app warned while it was parked, so at least it was proactive.

I'll add a quick summary.

Ugh...

Edit: Looks legit. Just bad luck with 12V, rear motor failure. The app warned while it was parked, so at least it was proactive. Had to transport out of MI for service. Waiting for parts.
Shorts were all over that. 1 car breaks down and it's newsworthy for those nuts. WTF is that a news story for car and driver though?

Ugh...

Our Tesla Model 3 Suffered a Catastrophic Failure While Parked - Car & Driver

Looks legit. Just bad luck with 12V, rear motor failure. The app warned while it was parked, so at least it was proactive. Had to transport out of MI for service. Waiting for parts.
Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me, but something smells funny here... also odd about the service aspect. I would have thought that given the usage of this particular M3, there would have been more attention paid to getting it diagnosed and repaired quickly.

But maybe I'm just suspicious..

Shorts were all over that. 1 car breaks down and it's newsworthy for those nuts. WTF is that a news story for car and driver though?

They have it as one of their long term test cars which they do report on regularly. This occurrence would be noteworthy for their car even if it is an isolated incident.