Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iain M. Banks. Definitely my favorite sci-fi writer ever. Excession, The Player of Games and of course Consider Plebas. I can't quite believe no-one has picked up his material and started making epic movies, or a TV Series.

The rights to make a film out of Consider Phlebas were acquired by (turns to Google as his old brain can't recall...), by, by, nope can't find it... Anyway, in the meantime, Amazon has now acquired the rights and are making a series out of it.

Problem is, when did you last see a film or TV adaptation that gave any justice to any book? There's nothing as grand as the imagination and the spaces between the words.

Of course you know that Elon is a huge Banks fan too, I hope...?

TSLA breaking out of today's trading pattern of following the NASDAQ-100 (QQQ on chart) up/dn at a multiple as of 14:15 hrs.

Now finally above $450 with 10 min to go in the main session. :D

TSLA-QQQ.chart.2020-01-06.15-30.png

Cheers!

The rights to make a film out of Consider Phlebas were acquired by (turns to Google as his old brain can't recall...), by, by, nope can't find it... Anyway, in the meantime, Amazon has now acquired the rights and are making a series out of it.

Problem is, when did you last see a film or TV adaptation that gave any justice to any book? There's nothing as grand as the imagination and the spaces between the words.

Of course you know that Elon is a huge Banks fan too, I hope...?

GoT?

I think Tesla's value will grow faster than SpaceX can monetize their satellite constellation.
Elon has said he plans on selling Tesla stock in the far future to fund his Mars ambitions via SpaceX. A tie up with SpaceX doesn't make sense.

There are zero potential acquirers of Tesla since there is nobody else that's fully aligned with Tesla/Elon's stated mission. Short of something catastrophic happening, Tesla is in charge of its' own destiny.

Last edited:
We know Tesla/Elon doesn’t enjoy dealing with the distraction of the markets - if Elon could take Tesla private himself/via SpaceX, why wouldn’t he?

Maybe you forgot recent history.

Musk said he gave up on the "take private" attempt precisely because shareholders let him know they didn't want to be taken private (Cathie Woods included). I would have considered it to be a disaster to have been bought out at $420. The only redeeming thing was Musk said individuals could go along for the ride (but many funds could not without replacing many of their clients as well as their essence).

Let's not keep revisiting the past. It was most likely a bluff to prevent a hostile take-over at a time when TSLA was vulnerable.