Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery pack production began in December. But they still need battery cells from somewhere else to put in those packs.

And if the rumors are true the pack production is using the old, slow, equipment that used to be at GF1.

Pack production started. They still need to outsource the cells.

Modules go into packs (along with one penthouse per pack). Cells go into modules. Shipping modules from GF1 is a possible intermediate strategy, if "Pack production has begun" as we have been told.

Sigh. Any of you kids who actually think "Cells gozinta Packs" (I see this in discussion of double-stack pack architecture for Cybertruck, too!), well, all I can say is, you are watching your Jack Rickard media too fast.
Here is the main one that will set you straight, helping us all:
Tesla Model 3 Battery Removal and Disassembly

I'll take my "Helpful" now, k thanx bai!

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yeah. Even my friends that are in my same income bracket and invest like I do aren't interested in hearing it.
Nobody likes a braggart. I was chided when the stock price was cratering, but I will take the high road now that the positions are reversed. That is, my wife and I ordered a Model 3! Q1 delivery secured. Makes me wonder how much the order book is gonna fill up from the stock gains.

upload_2020-1-8_11-35-22.png

Nobody likes a braggart. I was chided when the stock price was cratering, but I will take the high road now that the positions are reversed. That is, my wife and I ordered a Model 3! Q1 delivery secured. Makes me wonder how much the order book is gonna fill up from the stock gains.

I sold some shares early in the year to finance my Model 3... While I'm extremely happy with it, I keep thinking that the price I paid for it keeps increasing, especially now... :D Is that what Elon meant when he said "appreciating asset"? :p

Yeah, feels like it's best to shut up and stay quiet.

Tesla fans already have a reputation for being smug and braggy. it's almost impossible to talk about your own good fortune without annoying the listener. my advice is don't bring it up unless they do, and even then, don't take that as necessarily an invitation to drive a whole conversation about it.

I remember a scene from "Revenge of the Electric Car" in which Ghosn learned of a planned $50,000 electric vehicle from one of the other major OEMs - don't remember which one. It wasn't Tesla. In any case, when he heard the price, he laughed. "$50,000?? That has nothing to do with the electric car!"

My point here is that Ghosn viewed EVs as an inferior product to ICE that must be sold at a budget price to find a market. That was a major error in judgment and a major reason why Nissan couldn't keep up with Tesla.

I can't help but feel sorry for him now though. In a culture of ICE auto, his opinions would be influenced by those around him. Elon on the other hand was obsessed with EVs from a young age, and had an education in physics (and started a phd in batteries?). Ghosn actually studied engineering but has been in a non-technical role for most his career. Probably around 2013-2015 though, Ghosn should have seen the success of Tesla and pivoted their EV strategy, but I am guessing he wasted most of his time trying to get the merger through, and dealing with the politics of his role. He talked about trying to open up the Middle East to Nissan, which is where Toyota had great success by partnering with local dealers. It seems like he was all about markets and sales, compared to Elon who is about product - and letting a good product sell itself directly.

Most auto execs are probably facing similar problems of lacking insight into EV tech...

Also, Elon by working on all the technical problems really has his ear to the ground. Most CEOs sit in ivory towers, far removed from the reality of the businesses they run. Ghosn, certainly wasn't torqing bolts on the factory floor.

just unloaded half my shares...will keep core shares for long term...will buy back in bit...:)...also bought some Feb puts to cover the shares I have left...if my theory is correct, we should see selloff by tomorrow or next day...:)...under no circumstance should people think Im a short and a TSLA non--believer!...this is just a temporary play based on charts and patterns...and yeah I know I won't be a popular guy on here lol....posts like this seem ludicrous during the euphoric bull, but by next week prob won't be...jmho.

Never fear, the sand is deep and they can't hear, much less see, what is going on.

China allowing Tesla to not have a partnership apparently places them under de facto CCP control?

There is still confusion about EV credits (hint: Tesla doesn't sell EV credits) and magical claims about fraudulent accounting.

There you have it, that's the bear case, a fantasy wherein the Shortseller Enrichment Commission has failed them and cost some their homes. But if that doesn't float your boat, for some inexplicable reason the Chinese government is paying the bills because Tesla can't make money and is losing it faster than ever.

But if you just want to see blind optimism where massive losses are instead massive profits...

bolding mine. I've been puzzling over it because it seems so far fetched its got to be a parody, right? But he seems to be serious. And then people are confused about the distinction between Musk's personal wealth and that of his companies.

I have some schadenfreude on this one... I gotta admit, I'm rooting for him to hang in there.

But you do get occasional moments of lucidity:
Thank you for your hard service. But: did you go through the decontamination chamber prior to sharing this with us?

I really want to share my excitement with people I know but don't want to come off as gloating. TSLA problems these days...

So that we can advance renewable energy and sustainable transportation speak with the voice of a lion. In a clear and deliberate voice Tesla is a good and fine thing for our children and grandchildren. To do well while doing good is honorable.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It is a time to dance and sing.