Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe you should start a TSLA Shareholders Support Group in your area! :cool:
It will look like this.

daily-show-wiping-tears-money-Jon-Stewart-1403829873P.gif

More on GF3 Tesla order rate -text from tweet linked below:

“.. media outlet 21st Century News Report reports in the 1st 3 days after MIC M3 price drop on 1/3, @teslacn garnered 1200 orders/day. Reporter visited local #Tesla stores in Shanghai saying daily order rate/store is 100. 1st day orders might be fulfilled in 2 months.“

Ray4️⃣Tesla⚡☀️ on Twitter

This seems like good news. I think it could help boost Tesla’s languishing stock price, which has been stuck at three-digit levels for years.

Bad news guys. This just means that the alien being that runs our simulation is getting ready to pull the plug.
Whatever is happening, NIO is benefiting from it as well. Their chart has been pretty much identical to TSLA all day. Anybody know if there's any general China EV news? Or is Tesla's China just riding on the coattails of it's big brother?
I believe that when you have companies like Sony stepping in and saying they want to build an EV that's a huge signal that the auto industry is in a complete disruption phase. Can you imagine if Ford came out and said they were going to build computers? That would make you think the computer companies were toast.

EVs are undeniably the future, and that future looks like it won't be claimed by companies that make metal hunks that blow up gasoline and diesel.

I was having this exact conversation with my wife, she wanted to know what gives Tesla such an advantage in the EV space compared to all the "established" OEMs. Basically, Tesla developed great EV powertrain technology with ridiculously good performance (which they keep improving) and then had to figure out how to build a proper car around that. The Traditionals figured EVs are just like ICEVs but with an electric motor and a box filled with battery cells instead of the engine, transmission & tank. How freaking hard could that be, right? I mean, Daimler (and not only) is even trying to produce both drivetrains on the same production line! Call Bosch, they know about electric motors, and then get LG Chem to make some batteries. Yeah, it works. But barely. Poor energy efficiency, poor power conversion, serious battery degradation. No gears? C'mon, we gotta put some gears in there! Hold on, this thing is actually kinda tricky... aaaanyway, we should just let everyone know that nobody wants pure BEVs... since we kinda suck at making them!

For future reference, here's a recently-released podcast episode from Fully Charged, this one is Bobby Llewellyn kinda-sorta-ranting about the attitude the CEOs of Traditionals towards electrification (including the conclusion some people at Nissan arrived at, that EVs are difficult to use because the charging cables are too heavy for women to handle... therefore, mild hybrids FTW!)

Yes, EV’s can sell. EV conversions — even factory conversions — not so much. Too bad those expensive consultants executives pay to echo what the executives already think didn’t draw that distinction in their forecasts.

Reactions: humbaba
I don't know how they aren't in full panic mode. They are looking at potentially losing everything. I suspect that most of the hard core cheerleaders don't really have any skin in the game. Heck, they could be sock puppet accounts from longs for all we know.

So far his approach is sub-optimal as he hedged on the downside. That said, I actually did pick up a couple cheap puts a few days ago "just in case". I'm happy to report they are worthless. :)

I am happy to report that my April 500$ calls bought Thursday that I considered a lotto-like bet on a Q1 P&D-report that would be a sign of S&P-500 inclusion seem like they could be in the money real soon. :)