Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think he's an idiot, he's doing what he's asked to do, which is manipulate the share price. And whether we like or not, what he writes - however ridiculous it is - does shift the stock, usually down, at least for a few hours or so.

As said by several today, the whole market is rigged in Wall Street's favour. Shame their's no oversight of US markets by some kind of government agency, because there's a lot of low-hanging fruit they could pick here - it's obvious to us, for a regulator with access to the data it would be a simple matter to prove it.

Agreed. The timing of Jonas’ recommendations would cause any regulator paying attention to open an investigation. But getting someone to pay attention is challenging when there are so many miscreants out there.

I did my part today to try to bring attention to Jonas by writing my Congressperson and copying the top legal counsel at Morgan Stanley. The SEC is an overgrown bureaucracy, but the people I’m writing to just might read it.

Edit: @RobStark will probably rightfully point out that the trend towards SUVs is playing a big role too. Which makes the Y that much more exciting. :D

BMW,Mercedes, and Audi were up in the US market as whole. Lexus was down .06% or 190 units. *

So yeah, declining sales of above brand sedans,in net, is a shift to SUV/CUVs.

Hardcore Tesla fans at this site have a hard time distinguishing a Model 3 from a Model Y.

People give each other pointers on how to distinguish one from the other.

I think Model Y will sell like hotcakes based on practicality of a hatchback,performance,safety, TCO etc but not on its SUVness nor its looks.

* Second tier brands like Cadillac,Acura, Infiniti having been fighting a losing battle for a long time. Only really selling based on price and relative discount to tier 1 brands.

Care to explain why you disagreed with this, "JustSaying"? Are you an AJ fan? Are you AJ himself? Because aside from calling him a clown (my opinion, shared by many) the post was factually correct.
Sometimes when I scroll I accidentally touch the place on screen that says disagree and it leaves a mark...ouch.
Ionity stops subsidizing its charges. New price: €0,79/kWh(!!!) Aka $0,88/kWh.

TeslaStars ✨ on Twitter

A Porsche Toucan will cost €73 ($81) to go 200km (124 miles). ;)
This is really screwed up, if people don't know about Tesla, they might think that EVs are more expensive to operate.

Maybe EU gov should regulate these charging providers like utilities and prevent them from price gouging.

Someone donate 150 miles worth of land in the southwest for Elon to build his solar empire. Once he begins powering large portions of the United States Tesla will own the energy sector also. Game over...again.
Right. I'm sure utilities from each state and county will fight tooth and nail for their independence and relevance and will not be happy to let Tesla build the grid/infra that replaces them.

I’ve never made a penny in biotechs, it must be me.
Even if they have a cure for cancer, I’ll manage to lose .
Ummm... when did you say you bought TSLA? Can you please sell it and go back to biotech, they should pick up soon ;)

Haha. No, I haven't gone insane. I was quoting the post of mine which the member "JustSaying" disagreed with. And was wondering what he disagreed with. Not that it really matters, just curious.

Asking people why they disagree with a post is just noise that this thread does not need. It’s not worth it. Please don’t.

Edited because of a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Guess you gotta ask Elon for input on this ;). Site seems busy, last I heard (maybe a week ago) that the cheap price for the land was put in question. But now it seems the Brandenburg governent is expecting Elon to sign, wouldn´t make sense if they had in fact raised the price. Rest of short article is criticism towards Tesla about lack public information about factory but ends with saying Tesla is now planning to open an info center in Grünheide opened two days a week, so that was taken care of. No idea why Elon isn´t signing yet but otherwise everything is going its way so no big deal IMHO. Sounded also like Tesla had good communications with the environmental organisations.

If I were Tesla, I would wait as long as I could to sign to make sure there wasn't going to be any major delay in construction from any unexpected sources - essentially would want 100% sign off to be able to start construction immediately at time of signing.

You have to admit TSLA is a stock that you can make money on either by betting it goes up or by betting it goes down.

It would be equally correct to say "You have to admit TSLA is a stock that you can lose money on either by betting it goes up or by betting it goes down."

When I believe the overall trend of a stock is up, I don't like to bet on it going down. It's better to have the fundamental movement direction on your side if you are going to try to time a stock. Which I think is a bad idea to begin with for reasons I've previously laid out.

BMW,Mercedes, and Audi were up in the US market as whole. Lexus was down .06% or 190 units. *

So yeah, declining sales of above brand sedans,in net, is a shift to SUV/CUVs.

Hardcore Tesla fans at this site have a hard time distinguishing a Model 3 from a Model Y.

People give each other pointers on how to distinguish one from the other.

I think Model Y will sell like hotcakes based on practicality of a hatchback,performance,safety, TCO etc but not on its SUVness nor its looks.

* Second tier brands like Cadillac,Acura, Infiniti having been fighting a losing battle for a long time. Only really selling based on price and relative discount to tier 1 brands.

To be fair, it sounds like the Model Y is deceptively larger than it looks in photos / videos. So maybe there's hope that it will look the role more than we think. Still waiting to see one in person.

So the Boring Company has been boring, and is reportedly making good time on the Las Vegas project.

The Boring Company's Las Vegas tunnel is nearly 50% done

But linked from there was a prior article about opposition that Boring Company faced. In short, the Boring Company proposal was for ~$52M while a competing proposal was for ~$215M. The board member getting kickbacks pushing for the losing proposal then said the committee hadn't properly understood the proposal and that, instead of the proposed ~$215M the company could actually get it done for "as little as" ~$85M.

I can't help but think about Tesla's competitors here. Its like when they tear down the Model 3 and realize for them to market an EV with equivalent performance and range the price tag would be quite a bit more. The come backs seem to be along the lines of "he's cheating!" which echoes the frequent accusations of fraud made against Musk's companies.

But when I see the "When we said $215M we really meant $85M" I can't help but wonder how the committee was supposed to respond to this.

"So, in your original proposal you were planning on over charging by 150%?"

"Um, no, but if we had to we could do it at a loss. We could find ways to make it that cheaply."

"So, you are saying the new proposal would be cutting corners? We need the transportation system to be safe and reliable."

edit: forgot to include link to second article Elon Musk's Boring Company meets opposition over Las Vegas tunnel bid

After-action Report: TSLA 2020-01-16 16:00 hrs

VWAP: $504.26
Volume: 21,555,690
Trade$: $10,869,727,024.86​

Notes: yet another bear-raid based on false/misleading reporting (while the SEC fiddles), amplified by an unscrupulous Analysis' Note. Further note that AJ has hummed his last tune, at least so far as being heard again on Tesla Conference Calls. Investors won't tolerate his B.S. any longer.

Cheers!

If I were Tesla, I would wait as long as I could to sign to make sure there wasn't going to be any major delay in construction from any unexpected sources - essentially would want 100% sign off to be able to start construction immediately at time of signing.
Once they sign, there will be no incentive for the other party to do things in a timely fashion.

• Informative
Reactions: capster