Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EUR.jpg

In the manufacturers ranking, Tesla (20%) won the Best Seller trophy, being not only its first win in Europe, but also its first podium appearance since 2010...

The three times winner (2016, ’17 & ’18) BMW this time had to conform with the runner-up spot, with 13% share, ahead of #3 Renault (8%, down 1%), with the French brand returning to the podium, despite suffering from a short lineup, with Hyundai (7%) ending in 4th.

EV Sales: Europe December 2019

Dude, you owe me a new set of lungs. The laughing turned into hacking and they just landed with a plop on the bathroom floor, in front of the toilet. They tried coming out the other end first, but I clenched real hard.

Note to self: stop reading on the toilet.

THAT was seriously funny. I don’t think you’ll ever be able to top it, but go ahead and try.

This is the way.

I expect the earnings call, followed by Battery Investor Day
New S/X hardware imminent as per one of our fav. hacker:

green on Twitter

Just to add to Green's post
any ideas what we are speculating for the new battery packs? a small and large 2170 based pack? 100kWh pack becomes standard range and then a new longer range pack?

This might all be related to Plaid my speculation is Plaid (and possibly LR) are a new pack, or will be...
SR comes possibly back as 85 kWh 18650s...

What the new pack is is hard to guess, we will find out on battery and drive-train investor day is my guess...

I don't think Tesla wants this kind of stuff leaking out, but it isn't hard to guess it was coming, and hopefully the impact on Q1 demand for S/X is minimal...

any speculation for the new battery packs? a small and large 2170 based pack? 100kWh pack becomes standard range and then a new longer range pack?
Speculations? Yes plenty but no facts yet :p
I’m still betting on 2170 supply being a bottleneck with imminent Y launch, while 18650 are still available (and subject to same chemistry improvements over time). I think 2170 in S/X will come over for Plaid later this year.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Speculations? Yes plenty but no facts yet :p
I’m still betting on 2170 supply being a bottleneck with imminent Y launch, while 18650 are still available (and subject to same chemistry improvements over time). I think 2170 in S/X will come over for Plaid later this year.

My guess is that 18650 will be with the S/X, 2170 or maybe even something new will be in plaid. As that gets to scale, new version of S/X will be phased in with the plaid cells. Tesla will not just halt 18650 abruptly because the 2170s will require a battery pack redesign in which the plaid version can justify having it with the increase in price (meaning lower volume). My hunch is that the plaid and roadster 2.0 will share similar pack design and ramp both cars at the same time 2H.

Ups are definitely more enjoyable than the downs. :)

It's also extremely helpful that Elon laid out the first 10x goal with his 2012 CEO incentive plan, and he's also laid out the second 10x goal with his 2018 CEO incentive plan.

If Elon/Tesla deliver, then we're looking at a 100x gain... purely on just holding common stock.

It's mind-blowing to think of a 100x gain on common stock within 15-16 years.
Am really enjoying your video series Dave. Out of interest, are there any other companies you see with a clear pathway to 10X in 5-10 years?

The tractor was hilarious. So in 2021 we can look forward to the copycat ad by Tesla featuring the new Roadster being chased by a bunch of S, X, 3, and a random Semi right? Yes, I know this means Tesla would have to actually advertise...but it would be worth it. Especially since they could do their chase through the gritty streets of downtown LA instead of fancy-schmancy Stuttgart, such as for example seen in this video.

Reactions: kelly