Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone's battery is going to die during work tomorrow from me spending every spare second working to roll my call spreads up. ;)
I wonder where the SP will end on Friday. I've DITM spread (570/595).

Last quarter I thought they will make special efforts to keep the price down - after Thursday ended ~ 300. But on Friday it went up to 330.

But last couple of weeks, the SP is running up in the early part of the week and gets capped and brought down on Thu/Fri.

NUMMI didn’t have tents...

Nor did NUMMI make the coolest cars on the planet - they mostly made ~$16k-22k Toyota Corollas:

toyota-corolla-e140-dd20131d-8ca9-450e-81f2-854a28ab407-resize-750.jpg

An apples to ... peanuts comparison.

Never bet against a guy landing rockets on barges.

Congrats to all of those who saw through the nonsense, and got in when big bets could be made at reasonable prices.

I'm a dumb guy, all these options talk still hasn't sunk in. I focus on the big things like as you said, the guy leading it lands back rockets on barges.

Customer deposits holding steady in the $700M range. That’s shocking. I understand why they don’t release # of deposits anymore, but boy I wish they still did. Most deposits are $100 when they used to be $5,000

Yeah, but how many of those deposits are the $20,000 semi deposits? Those add up much faster than the $100 cybertruck deposits.

I wonder where the SP will end on Friday. I've DITM spread (570/595).

Last quarter I thought they will make special efforts to keep the price down - after Thursday ended ~ 300. But on Friday it went up to 330.

But last couple of weeks, the SP is running up in the early part of the week and gets capped and brought down on Thu/Fri.

If it stays in the $650s+ I have to think there will be some forced buybacks due to margin calls by Friday pre-market to push it even higher.

So, translation of Elon's "chairs are underappreciated" tweet to /r/wallstreetbets speak:

WSB user #1: "Papa Musk just warned us to deleverage our Tesla position from YOLO call options to TSLA shares, because a big drop is incoming after the Q4 ER. Protect them tendies, fellow degenerates."

WSB user #2: "NBD, I deleveraged yesterday already, like a good autist, from $1,000 strikes to $800, but I won't be buying shares like a Boomer. $800 strikes can't possibly go t**s up."​

Erm, not advice. Really. :mad:

I have to say, looking at after-hours price action, this WSB user #2 sounds like a genius. o_O

You know, if you REALLY think about it, Tesla has NO business being GAAP profitable at this point. They make 3 freaking models - 2 of which are sedans which other manufacturers can't make a penny on.

Not to mention, they're still in the infancy of their manufacturing life. And building factories, and designing new cars.

Man, the future is indeed bright if Tesla even makes a penny at this stage in the life of the company.