Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jokes aside, is there anyone really expecting 900 or even >1000 before Q1 or Battery day?

It's useful to ask this question in percentages, not absolute price:
  • Can TSLA appreciate by +10% or +20% if one or more of these events happens:
    • potential Moody's upgrade
    • potential S&P upgrade
    • potential positive FSD news
    • potential positive China GF3 news
    • potential positive April 3 Q1 delivery report
If we look at options pricing then the answer is "yes" - just like there are a lot of expectations for the price to go down.

Unpopular opinion: just imagine cap raising now at $800; with just 2-3% dilution they can build another GF in US

Was thinking same. Can it be true that Elon believes they are spending money as fast as they can without burning it? But we really need more GFs and fast... not smart enough to know the right answer. So many moving parts and the money is just the first step.... what is the point if you cannot spend it efficiently?

826, up 46 pre-market. Margin covering continues, as Papafox suggests, in full swing. I have never made this much money in a few days. Thanks for your great analysis. I just read that the UK changed it's timeline to exit fossil fuel vehicles and the good news keeps coming.

As I posted SP up 50 to 830. Not sure how high it will go but a lot of longs are celebrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2020-2-4_3-52-58.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-4_3-52-58.png
    upload_2020-2-4_3-52-58.png
    652.7 KB · Views: 32
Anybody else having difficulty transferring shares out of fidelity. Decided to open second brokerage account when fidelity let me access my account without the two step verification that I started requiring months earlier. I was shocked but they admitted software error and didn’t seem concerned at all so I opened up Schwab account and fidelity is refusing to transfer my shares. I wonder if they were loaning them out even though they deny that. Amount in question—thousands of shares. Oh well next step arbitration for damages related to it
@Chickenlittle
Dude,
If you are in NoVa, seriously, take a day vaca and physically go to an office
fidelity offices in northern virginia - Google Search

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Nobody seems to have discussed the Super Bowl effect:
Ask the Athletes: Hottest new car in NFL: Tesla

That episode seems likely to have had substantial positive effects on the fans of this sport, seemingly almost all US investors are included among them.

That event could well have been a catalyst to notice the litany of positive events during the last few days, notwithstanding the Coronavirus and political disarray. With all the positive and negative events there was a need for a single attention-focusing events, probably unimportant objectively, but positive attention grabbing.

Note: I am not fond of this sport nor do I pay any attention to it. However I have met almost no US people who share my disdain.
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net...ZwPh4.img?m=1&b=black&w=624&h=351&f=jpeg&q=60