Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disagree. You will imagine that you bought at the right instant and sold at the right instant, but when there's real money on the line that is not what actually happens. It can make a big difference. Even if the amount is relatively small (for you) at least it reflects real decisions.
I too disagree big time: there's plenty of people who can make nice profits on paper and in demo accounts, but who'll lose money quick in live trading.

Once there's real money on the line and the zeroes increase at the end of the value of your position, with the outcome having real consequences to how you'll live going forward, any homo sapiens with a human brain will be awash in emotions, both positive and negative ones. It takes years and a lot of practice to detach from these emotions, especially in options trading which is using highly leveraged depreciating assets, which state of detachment most retail investors won't be able to achieve, barring frontal lobotomy.
Can confirm.

When I started dipping my toes into options I did so with a so called "shadow wallet" on my Broker's platform, which is just play money to follow stocks you might have an interest in.

My gains were great, I made risky trades and got away with it quite often.

When I switched to real options I played small amounts, but still I was up, then down, then up , then down more etc. I felt I wasted so much energy just trying to break even whilst - if I were in stock at that time - stock did better than my options.

Now I get lucky more than unlucky, but I still consider any short term options gambling and treat it as such. I personally prefer LEAPS if I want to outperform the stock (they are gambling as well, just less risky). Not advice. Find out what works for you and have a plan before you enter a trade.

mach-e-shrimp-1-1580760849.jpg

Mach-e Frunk Shrimp Cocktails
How about the next day driving to work after you got so drunk you forgot you left shrimp in the frunk and then parked in the sun but then had to jam on the brakes because you boss walked in front of you and a bunch of ripe shimp juice splashes out all over him/her. Sorry have not slept all night. Today’s going to be hard.

Also, to be honest, XenForo is rather modern (and rather JavaScript-heavy).

I regularly forums that are on phpBB, on SMF, even on vBulletin 3 (that's scary just because there aren't security updates... and IIRC they're not even on the latest vBulletin 3 update). Even those are fine to use (faster-loading than here because they're on older platforms, but fine).

This forum even lets you paste images right into posts, where many forums I'm on require that you find an image host somewhere, upload to it, get the link, etc., etc.

Wow. Haven’t see this much activity in Germany but approaching 8000 shares traded in Germany this morning (usually couple hundred by this time with average daily trading about 2700)

Today's Frankfurt trading volume is now almost 80k shares (!):

upload_2020-2-4_12-15-8.png

Yes, unprecedented high volume - I guess some shorts had stops at €700, but the distribution of the volume suggests that there's a lot of value buying as well.

I expect $900+ by the end of the week...this breakout is incredibly strong.

The longer the base, the bigger the breakout....and our base was extremely long. Around 4-5 years of pent up energy exploding. Truth is...TSLA should have been $500+ about 2-3 years ago. Some folks, on both sides, are finally getting what they deserve.

Part of the VW squeeze was float disappearing. We’re seeing that here. Shorts will be running out of shares to buy if they don’t act soon.

In the immortal words of William Wallace, “HOOOOOOOOOOOOOODL!”

Jokes aside, is there anyone really expecting 900 or even >1000 before Q1 or Battery day?

My personal target for Dec 2020 was/is 800. We are there now. Really not sure what to expect in the next month...
Well, I will do what I have done in the last two months, wait and try to do nothing (except buy some dips...)

Live LONG and TSLA.

I'm expecting to see $900 today ;) (But I am an eternal optimist)

One data point regarding the work situation in Shanghai. I was told today they are allowed to return to work if they wear masks and have a clinical thermometer to check for body temperature. Problem is (as you can imagine): all sold out in town.

I'd expect Tesla to spring for a full cargo of masks and other protective medical equipment for GF3, in Elon's jet if need to be ...

I'll be a party pooper and say this:
please everyone, myself included, use part of this new money to give to those in need, to decrease your carbon footprint,
to fight climate change, to help communities that are already suffering in the hottest and poorest part of the world.
We won't have much time to enjoy Tesla at 15k if the world goes to *sugar* in the next decade or so...

PS: and to US people: please, please vote well this time ;-)

Jokes aside, is there anyone really expecting 900 or even >1000 before Q1 or Battery day?

One week ago (SP@560) the above read:
Jokes aside, is there anyone really expecting 700 or even >800 before Q1 or Battery day?

One month ago (SP@450) the above read:
Jokes aside, is there anyone really expecting 500 or even >600 before Q1 or Battery day?

Truth is, it is a BIG mistake to expect anything, we are in no mans territory, no one knows what is coming.
The best thing is also the hardest - do nothing.