Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually funny how my short put position opened a while ago actually lost money even as stock goes up so much due to much much higher IV.

sold -TSLA200320P465PUT at @28.99/share, it was $3.41/share yesterday, but $5.8/share at the moment of writing as TSLA goes up another... $151.

It's down to $4.40/$5.05 now, but these are rather far OTM options with low liquidity and high spreads - volume today was only 4 contracts.

If the price settles into a range today then these should quickly lose their gap-up IV. Note that these options have a close to zero fair value at $900 price levels already, with "normal" TSLA volatility of 45-50%, according to Black-Scholes pricing ...

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Not the big players that some of you guys are, but was able to take a spare $320 sitting in a trading account last week and flip it into 17 shares at >$905 via a Feb21 800 lottery ticket. Cheers to everyone that rode this out over the last few years!

So you bought 17 shares at an average price of $18.82. That's time travelling to the IPO! :D

I just woke up to see 932 on the ticker. And my Friday expiring calls sold at what I considered a ridiculous price yesterday! I cannot believe we are experiencing this in our lifetime and better yet, I am on the right side of it!
The most unbelievable part of this is that this is the second time for tesla. I don’t know of a company with two short squeezes. After this settles down I would not doubt we will see a third episode in the future

Reactions: TradingInvest
Anyone else see this crazy-cheap deal on Craigslist? Is it a scam?

tslaq1.PNG

So, just to clear this up a bit, are most of your co-workers and your neighbors talk enthusiastically about owning TSLA yet?

From zero to 100, what is the value of the "Fobble Overbought Index"? :D
I think SP surges is due to institution buying and short squeeze. Price movements such as yesterday and today indicate overbought for the short term, but it still aligns with longer term valuation.