Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think people have a problem with infrequent posters who only chime in when the stock drops. We've seen four or five already today. I guess it annoys people who have a lot of money at stake. Can't blame them.
We also have an environment where we get short trolls from time to time who concern troll about price drops while pretending to be long. Sometimes it's not easy to tell the good guys from the bad guys.

My next entry point is that 700.
Accumulate on the way down - wait 5 years & see that thing be 5-10x that if not more.
What's so hard?
I entered at about 360, and then rode it down to 179. This is nothing. :cool:

Easy come, easy go.

upload_2020-2-5_7-27-19.jpeg

I hope that is true, but I know there is a vast amount I do not know and probably could not understand if I were told.

Don’t sell yourself short. I mean even Ron Baron uses just broad metrics when analyzing Tesla. He’s met Elon many times, so he knows exactly what kind of person he is, but then we do too. We know what the company is capable of under his leadership. Do we need to know the intricacies of suppler agreements? Not if we believe that Tesla is run half decently competently, and, with the exception of occasional problems (and other companies have similar execution problems and big honking strategic problems), they are run competently. We know that from watching it for 5+ years. You can’t mass produce marvels of engineering like a Model 3 without good execution.

I agree with your original sentiment, Tesla is the least risky stock in my portfolio, and it’s because I understand the company and enough of the competitive environment to roughly know its growth trajectory.

I do not see any signs of a top yet...matter of fact, I see(from charts...yeah yeah guessing game right?) a intermediate term blow off rally/top right around 1050.00...that will be a obvious short capitulation day(short term)....at that point I will unload 1/3rd of my long shares and my Jan 2022 calls and buy some protective puts...after a modest pullback, will buy back all my shares and long term calls again...last time I did this at 500.00 it turned out as a slight positive although it was admittedly hard to get back in...but this time the pullback will be more pronounced and last bit longer....jmho of course.

Once again most people should just hold and not try to trade, as this is tricky business.

The euphoria on this board is very very similar to the many cycles Ive witnessed and have been a part of in the past...this is the fun part...:).

Once the mundane analysts on CNBC stop referring to as just a TSLA car company(ie-valuation based on reg OEM car makers), that's when I will be worried.

I see TSLA as a Soft Bank type of company, like a incubator for the future...they will disrupt the auto sector, energy storage, AI integration, rise sharing/robotaxi's with FSD, battery/platform provider, etc.

Price is rising as people are finally starting to understand that not only is TSLA not going bankrupt, but they will be a profitable company...the real fun starts when they realize that when they buy TSLA they are buying 5 disruptive companies at once, like true incubator but without the dilution.

The KEY to getting to being a trillion dollar company is execution but more than anything, its about battery production and efficiency...this is THE KEY...dry battery needs to pan out for cost savings and efficiency and increased range...battery cost will continue to decrease by 15-20% per yr...if this doesn't happen TSLA will have some issues...they will have great cars to sell in every mkt space but they can't pull this off unless battery production increases exponentially...we gotta see a S shaped curve in battery production in order for TSLA SP to match it....designing great cars is the easy part, execution in battery production is the hard part....they need to integrate Hibar/Grohmann/Maxwell seamlessly within the next 1-2 years.

TSLA success and stock price to 2000-3000 is directly proportional to battery development and production execution!...this is the only we can get to 200B in revenues in 4 years...need to grow at 50% per year...I see 2000-3000 a share within 2-3 years...if execution is near perfect we can see 6000 a share by 4 years but this will be hard to achieve but doable.

My top call was off by 80.00 yesterday but in a volatile and fast moving stock like this one, I'll take it....nailed the temporary top at 500.00 few weeks ago also.

But don't worry, this pullback is normal and needed really...stocks can't go straight up forever...but the important part of my post from few days ago is the latter half...gotta think big picture...when i see a top I buy protection but in no way am I selling my core shares.

Price changes wildly, but their core mission and execution plan hasn't changed at all...its ALL about battery production and execution!...that battery day will be really big for us in April.