Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the volume this close to the opening is like feb 3rd.

Look at the time stamps.

wow!!

Today:
CB2783D9-8651-43F2-A00F-536E4E16DB26.jpeg

feb 4th:
17436AEB-6059-48E5-B75C-EAA4C3C6CBBD.jpeg

Last edited:
Nah, almost 600k shares traded in the pre-market so far - that's institutional investors most likely.

You sure that data was accurate? If so, we just traded ~300k shares in the past 15 minutes. Currently at ~900k traded during pre-market.

Highest volume US stocks pre-market by $ value as of 8:08AM:
1) TSLA - $752M
2) AAPL - $268M
3) AMZN - $50.4M
4) NVDA - $42.3M
5) SPCE - $40.5M

EDIT: 5 minutes after this post TSLA is at $800M, so ~10k shares traded per minute for the past five minutes. So looks like @Fact Checking 's numbers probably were correct, and volume is just crazy.

Last edited:
My highlighting - do these cretins not understand that most developed countries are banning ICE starting in 2030? Furthermore, Tesla is historically growing 50% annually, if this trajectory continues, this would represent around 47 million Teslas per year by then (367k x 1.5^10 - amirite?)

The new bull scenario is based on an “aggressive assumption” that Tesla could win 30% of the global electric-vehicle market, Jonas wrote in a report to clients. This would include 4 million car deliveries by 2030 plus the potential for Tesla to supply powertrains, including batteries and electric motors, to other auto manufacturers. In 2019, the company handed over 367,500 vehicles to customers.
You have used in your post exponential functions. And these "cretins" understand only linear functions. I personally like Kurzweil's law of accelerating return that would imply that the base of the exponent is growing for the industry. And moreover, we see more and more that no competitor is competitive. so my conclusion is that Tesla's growth rate will accelerate. Tesla is now very aggressively drives down the capex needs for new productions and that will help. Model Y body, dry electrode tech, and cybertruck are just examples for that.

Jaguar halts electric SUV over battery shortages

Jaguar is halting production of the £61,000 SUV at a factory in Graz, Austria, for a week from Monday next week because of a shortage of lithium-ion batteries.

The I-Pace’s batteries are supplied by South Korean electronics giant LG Chem, which makes them at a factory in Wroclaw, Poland.

Source: Jaguar halts electric SUV over battery shortages | Business | The Sunday Times

Waymo will have to wait for Jaguar.

I was kind of hoping to pick up another share or two today on what I kind of thought would be a dip sort of day. Damned TSLA volatility...oh well, I'll still pick up those shares today. LOL! Looking forward to 4 digit stock prices before the end of the month!

Dan
Has anyone does comparison from 2013 rise in stock price from 50 to 190, to what we recently just had in 2020?
If we have similar price increase, by beginning of May on the low side it will be 1200-ish SP, and high side of 1650-1700 stock price.

I'm pointing out to the fact that, we can still have much more upside short term.