Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bye bye ... All-time high we will see you after the summer :( maybe good time to short till we hit 500s?
"Registrations of new Tesla Inc. cars in China plunged 46% in January from a month earlier as the Lunar New Year holiday and an emerging coronavirus outbreak kept vehicle buyers away.

Last month, 3,563 Teslas were registered in China, down from 6,643 in December, according to state-backed China Automotive Information Net, which gathers industry data based on insurance purchases. Of the January registrations, 2,605 were for cars built in China."

Tesla’s China Registrations Drop as Holiday, Virus Deter Buyers

Do you care-bear-raiders realize that your attempts at FUD actually cause amusement?

I am curious as to how you "work", though. Did you decide to come here on your own? Or is there a group chat / forum somewhere? What other sorts of locations are you targeting? How do you decide on them? How do you decide on when to launch these campaigns? What's the details of the market play that you (either the singular or plural form of "you") are propping up?

I'd love to know what's behind the curtain of how you "work". You'd not be spoiling anything, because FYI, you're not going to find marks here.

Last edited:
Short term traders and option writers trying to paint an erroneous long term narrative for their short term gain.

BUY. *not on margin*
HODL.
AGDR. Volatility is not Risk. Pre-market volume today before 8 EST is only 53rd percentile of this week's average volume. Its Kabuki Theatre on Wall St (should be Broadway) :p

I've been working on a pet theory this week. MMs and Shortzes are trying to get shareholders to write far OTM PUTS, and then moving the SP quickly to scoop up the shares.

This might be the only way they can cover, since legitimate shareholders weren't selling even at the loftly prices seen early this month. Now, if they can get you half way by paying you to write a PUT, then dangling the cheese of a low SP, maybe they can steal away some of your shares.

They have millions of shares to find before S&P time, and they know that gets more and more expensive as time goes by. Desperate times call for... market mischief.

Cheers!

The market reaction to this is absolutely nuts. Like a whole tesla-semi full of nuts.
I recently learned that 'technical analysis' means stock movements unrelated to company fundamentals. I know that sounds like I have been living in a cave but up until recently I just viewed technical analysis as nonsensical. There is no doubt that individual and group psychology is part of the stock market, although for the most part I remain highly skeptical that 'technical analysis' can model the psychology in play in anything but the most extreme cases.

Anyway, the point is that people are responding to other people, or they are speculating on the future actions of others. If they think they can sell today and buy at a lower price later -- they sell. It has nothing to do with fundamentals.

Last edited:
Bye bye ... All-time high we will see you after the summer :( maybe good time to short till we hit 500s?
"Registrations of new Tesla Inc. cars in China plunged 46% in January from a month earlier as the Lunar New Year holiday and an emerging coronavirus outbreak kept vehicle buyers away.

Last month, 3,563 Teslas were registered in China, down from 6,643 in December, according to state-backed China Automotive Information Net, which gathers industry data based on insurance purchases. Of the January registrations, 2,605 were for cars built in China."

Tesla’s China Registrations Drop as Holiday, Virus Deter Buyers

I don't think that's an accurate representation of Tesla's sales in china bc of the Lunar Holiday mentioned. that combines w/ CV19 shutdown had had Government employees not working and therefore not updating registrations.

Is it smart to buy puts on margin to convert the profit into shares next week?
Not if Elon announces GF5/Texas next week and you get caught out! Margin is always dangerous, leveraged margin makes it worse if things go south, or your timing is off. Recommend you proceed with caution. What are your basic needs that aren't met now? How will more/sooner TSLA profit change your life?

I'm afraid this is correct. We're seeing an oversized reaction across the market, fear is starting to take hold.
You are correct.
I have been very patient and sitting out so far, but 420? It may not happen at all, unless Q1/Q2 earning reports are catastrophic
I guess the point is that it might not happen... That would bring us back only two months, that's why I'm selling off part of my stake...

Germany being down -10% worried me to the point of almost selling.

Then I realized that Elon is all in too, going through more pain than all of us combined.
I am not selling. No way.

I'll never understand this "the stock price is down, that makes me want to sell" logic. Unless one is a day trader and has no particular view on the long-term fate of the company. Or thinks they can out-time the market. "Sell on the way down, buy on the way up" is a losing strategy. You should only sell on the way down if you think the company is going down the tubes, for the long term.

I have absolutely no fear of the stock falling, my core shares will remain untouched, other than selling the odd call against them.

What I am trying to work out is how to maximise my trading shares to grow my position. I'm wondering if risking selling now, purely in order to re-buy at a lower point, is a good idea.

I agree with the general sentiment that regardless of how inconsequential this virus actually is, the markets are overrun with irrational fear. In the case of $TSLA, the short-sellers are amplifying the losses. Which does present opportunity if one can take it.

Do you care-bear-raiders realize that your attempts at FUD actually cause amusement?

I am curious as to how you "work", though. Did you decide to come here on your own? Or is there a group chat / forum somewhere? What other sorts of locations are you targeting? How do you decide on them? How do you decide on when to launch these campaigns? What's the details of the market play that you (either the singular or plural form of "you") are propping up?

I'd love to know what's behind the curtain of how you "work". You'd not be spoiling anything, because FYI, you're not going to find marks here.
Actually he'll have better luck finding Mark where he's from.

https://business.financialpost.com/...istrations-drop-as-holiday-virus-deter-buyers

Aw-schucks, guess I will have to live with my 300% gains instead of 400% :oops:.

I have absolutely no fear of the stock falling, my core shares will remain untouched, other than selling the odd call against them.

What I am trying to work out is how to maximise my trading shares to grow my position. I'm wondering if risking selling now, purely in order to re-buy at a lower point, is a good idea.

I agree with the general sentiment that regardless of how inconsequential this virus actually is, the markets are overrun with irrational fear. In the case of $TSLA, the short-sellers are amplifying the losses. Which does present opportunity if one can take it.

I don't personally try to "guess the bottom". I buy on the way down, at fixed points, which become closer in frequency the further down it goes, with the possibility of way down included in the calculation. Then I sell right back at higher strikes on the way back up, freeing up the cash for more on-the-way-down buys.

Maybe a company other than Tesla will build an operating system for traditional auto, but it's often not the best idea to start a new line of business in a shrinking market. Traditional auto and the software systems they use are currently shrinking markets, and their upcoming financial difficulties means they will not have spare cash to pay high premiums for great software.

For applications where the experience of the graphical user interface is a major part, I expect no one to write their own operating system. The restrictive GPL license of Linux did not stop Google from using it for Android (ditto for Tesla) and it is many years ago that Apple also changed to a "COTS" OS, some BSD-flavour.

Least of all I expect Microsoft (which was mentioned by someone else) to be an interesting candidate in this area.

Rather I expect Linux which can run efficiently on a plethora of hardware to be adopted by any competent(*) maker of automotive IT.

(*) I hedge with competent because my GUI experience in Audi + VW has been so terrible that I consider them able to also make a poor decision with respect to OS choice. Or maybe their reliance on many 3rd party components simply means that they are already bound to something specific (which will surely be worse than Linux or *BSD).

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor