Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its more likely its an upstream problem. Every single brokerage represented by members here at TMC has had execution problems over that last 7 sessions akin to frontrunning on steroids. Even entire satellite exchanges have gone offline due to 'technical problems' (TSE). RH is far from alone.

Somebody's scooping up shares. I get that feeling that some big news is about to break that will send the SP out of reach of many caught short. When it comes to purchasing the few (and dwindling) real shares available in the market right now, somebody is forcing themselves to the front of the line.
I believe you, but would you mind showing/explaining this "Somebody's scooping up shares_ event? So I can learn.

Uplifting article on an otherwise confusing day
Tesla's Solar Panels Are Turning Saltwater into Drinking Water for 35,000 Kenyans

upload_2020-3-3_8-32-35.png

upload_2020-3-3_8-33-33.png

Somebody's scooping up shares. I get that feeling that some big news is about to break that will send the SP out of reach of many caught short. When it comes to purchasing the few (and dwindling) real shares available in the market right now, somebody is forcing themselves to the front of the line.

Big news related to TSLA? I would not doubt that at all as it's been eerily silent. The media is doing a great a job of pushing their FUD stories while managing to keep the positive stories from reaching the retail investor.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Big news related to TSLA? I would not doubt that at all as it's been eerily silent. The media is doing a great a job of pushing their FUD stories while managing to keep the positive stories from reaching the retail investor.
I don’t think Musk has left Texas in 2020. I’ve seen that as a sign that things are running smooth in California. It feels like something is up though. However we may just be spoiled by always expecting news haha

Well, we more or less know WHAT will be announced, just not when it'll break:
  • Model Y deliveries (okay, Mar 15 but the Media doesn't know it)
  • Moody's upgrade
  • Gigafactory 5 / Texas
  • S&P 500 inclusion
So, we HODL and wait for news. Personally, I'd give even odds that either of items 2 or 3 happens before Q1 Earnings

Cheers!

• Moody's upgrade
  • Gigafactory 5 / Texas
  • S&P 500 inclusion
So, we HODL and wait for news. Personally, I'd give even odds that either of items 2 or 3 happens before Q1 Earnings

Cheers!

Possibly $100 per kWh batteries and credible plan to pump batteries out like crazy as well.

• Moody's upgrade
  • Gigafactory 5 / Texas
  • S&P 500 inclusion

Cheers!

How about this angle? Is the market expecting Bernie to win big on super Tuesday?

"100 percent sustainable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and to fully decarbonize the economy by 2050 at the latest"

• Moody's upgrade
  • Gigafactory 5 / Texas
  • S&P 500 inclusion

Cheers!
The Model Y deliveries are known even by the media. The reception and the teardown analysis is not know by us either. Musk's hint implied a decrease of around 5% in production technology compared to previous Teslas. The details could have extreme significance. We are approaching cost parity between Tesla and ICE makers. This could a huge step before the battery tech. breakthrough.

The Model Y deliveries are known even by the media. The reception and the teardown analysis is not know by us either. Musk's hint implied a decrease of around 5% in production technology compared to previous Teslas. The details could have extreme significance. We are approaching cost parity between Tesla and ICE makers. This could a huge step before the battery tech. breakthrough.
The new wiring harness alone is a big improvement in efficiency. I can't recall the exact details but a model S has something like X miles of wires, a model 3 has X/2 miles, and the Y will have X/5. Plus that single stamping machine.

It can be astounding how much the market doesn't know (or isn't willing to accept) basic things. You'd have think that GF3 was priced into the stock for example, but once production started, esp. once it was shown to be at nontrivial rates, the stock surged.

TSLA is such a good place for the money right now. Worst case scenario we slip into a recession, car sales plummet, all companies must readjust their future. Tesla sitting on $8.5 billion in cash survives with ease and I don’t think there would be a better CEO than Musk to make Tesla’s time in that kind of market useful to its future. We know it can get bad, but I would ride out the storm with Tesla over anyone else right now.

This. The other guys are at MaxQ with advertising and they're still struggling. We're doing great with ZERO ads. If there is a general downturn, don't you think a couple of well placed ads would keep the momentum going for Tesla? Again, the masses out there have little to no understanding of these cars so most of the 'addressable' market hasn't even been addressed yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: UncaNed
Possibly $100 per kWh batteries and credible plan to pump batteries out like crazy as well.
Sure, but I was thinking more about a leak / non-public info. For example, somebody inside Moody's knows what the status of their rating is for Tesla, or somebody inside the Whitehouse knows what the status of Federal tax abatements would be for GF5/Texas. You know, somebody that benefits from playing on inside info... Tesla's not gonna reveal a peep about bty day until its time, same way Roadster was kept a secret until then Semi reveal.

Nothing says “behind the times” like an iconic kidney shaped grill.

I wonder how many miles you lose pushing that ugly front down the road.

BMW is done like Nokia.

TSLA the only one making cars of today and for the future.

View attachment 517457
This doesn't have long to live. It has enlarged kidneys.

When it drops to... what price, @Zero CO2 ???

Hideous indeed! Why don't they take it a step further and just shape it into something useful like a snow plow or something?
I am thinking under $650 ... we might not get there but i did not think i would be able to pick up shares last week ~$680.. set it and forget it

not advice ... but as you long term holders know ....the TSLA SP volatility can be your friend if you are looking to accumulate

How about this angle? Is the market expecting Bernie to win big on super Tuesday?

"100 percent sustainable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and to fully decarbonize the economy by 2050 at the latest"

Tesla needs to be 'policy agnostic' and focus on economics for its customers.

Bernie won't be able to effect change unless the Senate flips too. The US Supreme Court overthrew Obama's "Clean Energy" plan in a coup d'etat. No matter; Tesla's energy products will be purchased by Utilities, not the SCOTUS.

The *urgent* need is to retire the coal fleet in China ASAP, and Tesla has an inside track there is a related field. Finally, I think its best if we let economics work its magic on the energy mix in the First World. It'll take time, but its going to happen because its 'cheaper, better, faster'. And now inevitable.

Cheers!

Last edited:
It doesn't and that's not the point: the point of Fed rate cuts is to counterbalance the negative economic effects of the coronavirus.

A rate cut is not a cure, but it does help the economy.

Question: Did the economy need help? It seems like we were doing fine before the Coronavirus crisis, which I don't think can be helped with a rate cut. A rate cut will not get someone to go on a cruise, take a unnecessary flight, go to a movie or theater or amusement park .... or a host of other things people are thinking twice about due to infection fears.

Cheers to the longs

This. The other guys are at MaxQ with advertising and they're still struggling. We're doing great with ZERO ads. If there is a general downturn, don't you think a couple of well placed ads would keep the momentum going for Tesla? Again, the masses out there have little to no understanding of these cars so most of the 'addressable' market hasn't even been addressed yet.
I could see Musk using the downturn to buy cheap service centers. That’s advertising in itself. I could actually see Tesla building up its infrastructure even more while everyone else panics. The crazy thing would be if they can catch up with their rapid growth and the government throws a stimulus in there. It would be an insane shuffling of the cards that could put Tesla at the top.

If Musk has the cash I just don’t see him slowing down because everyone else is hurting. He kept Tesla alive in the hardest recession, now he’s got the company poised to survive whatever comes next. I feel good with however he wants to handle a possible downturn.