Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on Twitter from SF is claiming that the Tesla Factory in Fremont is still planning to stay open despite the shutdown. Lora Kolodny of course already reached out to her for a potential juicy anti-Tesla story.

Davina S on Twitter

Lora Kolodny when she saw this twitter post:

AdoredCookedElephant-max-1mb.gif

At this stage of the black swan event. Everyone is just waiting for the first big corp to announce a bankruptcy in order to know where the vulnerable industry is. The fact that the fed fired the bazook QE and the unprecedented 1.5 Trillion repo liquidity means very likely that some large entity is confronting debt payment crisis. Which is reasonable consider how the supply chain has been basically frozen since January. Someone should've declared bankruptcy by now.

Unfortunately, I don't have any inside info on who it is.

Australian Markets:-
Currently 128 companies on the S&P/ASX 200 index are trading higher, and 12 of them are more than 10 per cent higher. Of today's falls, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is down 29.7 per cent, Charter Hall is down 15.6 per cent.

So big rises in some stocks and big falls in others on the same day, the market is starting to pick winners...

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Raymond
At this stage of the black swan event. Everyone is just waiting for the first big corp to announce a bankruptcy in order to know where the vulnerable industry is. The fact that the fed fired the bazook QE and the unprecedented 1.5 Trillion repo liquidity means very likely that some large entity is confronting debt payment crisis. Which is reasonable consider how the supply chain has been basically frozen since January. Someone should've declared bankruptcy by now.

Probably Boeing, I think they got downgraded to junk. They are going to need the help.

I saw a rumor, and have no idea if it was true, that the first injection (was it $300B?) last Monday was to help a large player who got caught in the market crash.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Why are you trying to make this about you? Tesla does NOT need a Cap raise. You've avoided that point in your response (and Zero Interest Loans), while again trying to represent yourself as somehow more aware of risks than others on this forum. Not cool.

Umm....you are the one trying to make it about me. I clearly said DEBT or Cap raise - so maybe go back and reread what I wrote. Im just pointing out obvious near term risks.

That's a very irresponsible story written and published by Fred Lambert. I know most of us have come to terms with the fact that he's not a real journalist but most of the world probably doesn't know that yet.

Let's look at the conflicting statements:

Tesla is apparently planning to defy a shutdown order at its Fremont factory after a ‘shelter in place’ order in the Bay Area is forcing people to stay home.

and:

It’s unclear if the automaker managed to get an exemption as the order does mention a possible exemption for “auto-supply”.

Basically, it's unprofessional to say they are "apparently planning to defy a shutdown order" while admitting it's unclear whether they have an exemption. And they fail to mention the possibility that the order contains a built-in exemption for autos (acting as if they would need to be granted an exemption).

The whole thing is written with the obvious intention of slamming Tesla without having enough information to support their original claim that it looks like Tesla is defying the order.

It seems to me that we can all agree that Teslas are cars and need a supply of auto parts. Most of those parts come from Fremont or Nevada (depending upon the part). They are actually manufactured in these two locations and shipped to Tesla delivery and service centers. I would like to know how shutting either one of these facilities would comply with the goal of maintaining a supply of auto parts (when it comes to Tesla cars). You can't get Tesla parts at a Ford or GM dealership and, with very few exceptions, you can't get parts for a Tesla from third parties. If your car is in an accident and needs a new body panel, it will come from the Fremont plant.

It doesn't take a genius journalist to realize the Fremont plant must remain in at least partial operation (along with Tesla delivery and service centers) in order to maintain a supply of Tesla parts. Like all modern businesses, they maintain a JIT (just in time) inventory system (instead of stockpiling huge amounts of spare parts in warehouses).

The presses must roll!

That's a very irresponsible story written and published by Fred Lambert. I know most of us have come to terms with the fact that he's not a real journalist but most of the world probably doesn't know that yet.

Let's look at the conflicting statements:

and:

Basically, it's unprofessional to say they are "apparently planning to defy a shutdown order" while admitting it's unclear whether they have an exemption. And they fail to mention the possibility that the order contains a built-in exemption for autos (acting as if they would need to be granted an exemption).

The whole thing is written with the obvious intention of slamming Tesla without having enough information to support their original claim that it looks like Tesla is defying the order.

It seems to me that we can all agree that Teslas are cars and need a supply of auto parts. Most of those parts come from Fremont or Nevada (depending upon the part). They are actually manufactured in these two locations and shipped to Tesla delivery and service centers. I would like to know how shutting either one of these facilities would comply with the goal of maintaining a supply of auto parts (when it comes to Tesla cars). You can't get Tesla parts at a Ford or GM dealership and, with very few exceptions, you can't get parts for a Tesla from third parties. If your car is in an accident and needs a new body panel, it will come from the Fremont plant.

It doesn't take a genius journalist to realize the Fremont plant must remain in at least partial operation (along with Tesla delivery and service centers) in order to maintain a supply of Tesla parts. Like all modern businesses, they maintain a JIT (just in time) inventory system (instead of stockpiling huge amounts of spare parts in warehouses).

The presses must roll!
273E7467-F159-47DF-BBB6-5BD185CEBD1E.jpeg

it is Russ Mitchell tho :eek: