Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like we have similar family situations. I know everyone's situation is different, but I have all of my close family who are at high risk self isolating for a little while now. One relative was sent to a property in a remote location. Funny thing about that is, this relative's chance of staying healthy probably increased.

But I'm in the epicenter of a breakout and panic has set in. Service industry workers are going poor. Children's medicine at the pharmacy has been raided. We're out of masks at the hospitals because of stealing. Panic has us sacrificing the healthy at the expense of the elderly and sick. Again, the elderly and the sick are in MY family, too, but this reaction is a hysterical panic and we're going to soon be reminded of the health consequences of unemployment and poverty.

I'm well aware of the projections for CV-19, but I strongly disagree with the "we must shut down the global economy" approach many countries are forcing us into. The global economy keeps us healthy.

Getting the factory going in Shanghai when it did couldn't have been luckier timing. Tesla and China learned that you don't need to shut down your business during the spread of COVID-19. And what luck to be in Germany, where, somehow, the Germans are showing that life can go on during this time with limited disruption to daily life. I hope the US starts making smarter decisions very soon, for the sake of all of us, but one thing's for sure, Tesla is going to weather this storm better than the rest of the industry.

Don’t be silly. We were just told a few pages back that panic is good and needed. Get with the program.

If only the occasional virus would target the stupid, the corrupt, the liars —

What a mess $396....
Bad Santa.

TSLA.chart.2019-12-18.png

Don’t be silly. We were just told a few pages back that panic is good and needed. Get with the program.

If only the occasional virus would target the stupid, the corrupt, the liars —

Of course panic is bad.

But getting ready for the pandemic - minimizing social interaction, getting hospitals and hospital staff ready for a humongous influx of (very contagious, especially to doctors and nurses) corona patients - including priority allocation of equipment and beds - is not panic. It is being prudent. But is intrepreted wrongly here (and by Elon) as Panic. I bet Italy wished they "panicked" in this way...

His enitre attack line on the Unsworth - both online and offline - there was absolutely no need for that. Yes, Unsworth was a complete asshole, but Elon, as the CEO of Tesla ans Spacex, should have been above that, and ignored him. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion - and this Elon vs corona virus is also like watching a train wreck in slow motion - I know to most of you on this thread it does not seem so, but to those who are in the corona danger zones, where the virus causes people to be dying in large numbers due to the inadeqate hospital facilities in the richest countries in the world with best health services, it sure looks like a train wreck. :-(

Hope Elon backs down on this (like he had to in the Unsworth case). And seriously hope that email quote about only 0.1% getting infected is taken out of context....

It's irrelevant. Elon is always going to Elon, he will never be the person you want him to be. If you don't understand that you aren't invested in the right company.

His enitre attack line on the Unsworth - both online and offline - there was absolutely no need for that. Yes, Unsworth was a complete asshole, but Elon, as the CEO of Tesla ans Spacex, should have been above that, and ignored him. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion - and this Elon vs corona virus is also like watching a train wreck in slow motion - I know to most of you on this thread it does not seem so, but to those who are in the corona danger zones, where the virus causes people to be dying in large numbers due to the inadeqate hospital facilities in the richest countries in the world with best health services, it sure looks like a train wreck. :-(

Hope Elon backs down on this (like he had to in the Unsworth case). And seriously hope that email quote about only 0.1% getting infected is taken out of context....
Really? Hard times SP-wise and it’s time to beat on Musk? This thread needs a circuit-breaker.

So what price do you expect Democrats will accept for Trump to be reelected in November after a fast, stimulus-fueled recovery?
Trump will want to bail out big business and ignore low income service workers who lose their jobs and small businesses. Democrats will not agree to that. Ultimately there will be a compromise.
Hopefully they realize sooner or later also that the health consequence of overwhelmed healthcare system is lower than the health cost of the collapsed economy and stop this massive (and often stupid) overreaction to the virus.

I’m glad you still sound cool-headed because I don’t think I’d be able to at that point. But, maybe that’s not much relative to your overall portfolio value.

What a journey Tesla has been on since the ~$200 days years ago.
Actually I just re-did my math. Only down 880,000 (in paper losses)
But I love my family, take my dog for a walk.... and know that the end is not near...just a rather large bump on the rd..with a big mud filled pot hole. Then it's clear sailing...for a while.

It's irrelevant. Elon is always going to Elon, he will never be the person you want him to be. If you don't understand that you aren't invested in the right company.

We are obviously not understanding each other.

Elon is great, and doing great work, and because of that I am investing in Tesla.

But Elon is NOT God, even though some in this thread seem to think so.

He is human, like all of us, and makes mistakes, like all of us -actually a lot fewer mistakes than all of in this thread, but mistakes nevertheless. These are of course inevitable, and pointing those out should be ok, when they have influence on the company, and its value.
No need to get emotional about it.