Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if anyone at GF3 was confirmed to have CV-19? What is their process if someone is determined to have CV-19?

As has been previously stated, Tesla is better suited than pretty much any other large US corporation to handle this due to their experience at GF3. It might be more hectic since Fremont doesn't have as clean of a floor plan as GF3, but I am confident in the creativity of Tesla's engineers to modify GF3's CV-19 plan to work within the Fremont building.
As of the weekend, there hadn't been a single case in the entire Lingang Special Area (where GF3 is located). And as we know, the entire country of China is down to the single digits of new cases per day.

#REALSCIENCE #MATHBASEDPOLICY

Thanks to this market I'm downgrading to this.
View attachment 523175

Bad idea — no ability to social distance unless you make everyone else get in the water. One aboard at a time can work.

Better option:

7F13B374-657B-4280-A3A7-A6A2AD8ECC86.jpeg

The Model Y I ordered costs 60990$ in the US today. I have to pay 48378$ since Tesla have no currency clause in their contract with customers...

Anyone with ideas on how the currency might affect them? I know that it will be a bad for all Model Ys ordered from Norway, and the same for a lot of cars ordered these days before Tesla adjust the prices...

Well you aren't getting a Model Y anytime soon. Tesla could delay deliveries of the Model Y to Norway until the exchange rate is more favorable.

You mean hundreds of hands touched my car without gloves?
Let me go disassemble it and wipe it inside out.

I got the car a bit over a year ago though.

Thankfully, it's not even an issue for new cars :) The viruses just don't last long enough to survive shipping. The only threat is prepping a car for delivery and the actual delivery; that's the last time anyone but you (and anyone else you allow) will touch your car :)

None of the elements of "negligence" are present.

"Negligence due to the violation of a law meant to protect the public, such as a speed limit or building code. Unlike ordinary negligence, a plaintiff alleging negligence per se need not prove that a reasonable person should have acted differently -- the conduct is automatically considered negligent, and the focus of the suit will be over whether it proximately caused damage to the plaintiff."

negligence per se

The county ordered temporary shut down is meant to protect the public by "flattening the curve."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
7 disagrees so far. I will report back when the above has happened. It won’t be too long. We went through the same denial stage in the EU. Today 475 people died in Italy due to Corona. Extrapolated, that means 2700 dead americans in the US only due to corona in one day. Every day.

Yes, they kiss and shake hands more. No, they are not partying in Miami. And their gun ownership rate is drastically less. No need for a discussion based on assumptions, time will tell (unfortunately)

No one knows the future. Not even you. There are so many variables that it is ridiculous to assume that the United States will play out exactly like Italy. To assert that you can predict the outcome of events with such certainty is incredibly arrogant, irrespective of whether you end up being correct or not.

There's a lot of evidence that the model Y line(s) require fewer production staff, right? Would be real interested to find out how they allocate the 25% that come in. Might not see a huge dip in production at all.

25% staffing levels I believe.

By expanding 3-shift operations and offloading some work to GF1 and Lathrop, I believe they can reach almost full output with 50%-60% of the workforce more spread out in time (so that the 25% staffing constraint is not violated), and the remaining 40%-50% either work from home, or work at other locations (Lathrop).

Watch night shift grow in numbers :D:D

"Negligence due to the violation of a law meant to protect the public, such as a speed limit or building code. Unlike ordinary negligence, a plaintiff alleging negligence per se need not prove that a reasonable person should have acted differently -- the conduct is automatically considered negligent, and the focus of the suit will be over whether it proximately caused damage to the plaintiff."

negligence per se

Since there's now an agreement with the county, there's no "violation of a law".

But even without the agreement, since standing federal law declared "vehicle manufacturing" as "critical infrastructure", whose operations must not be interrupted, Tesla could have argued that federal law preempts state law. Until that conflicting prescription between federal law and state law is litigated, no "violation of law" would have occurred and Tesla could have acted in good faith and continue operations, following federal policy.

Or at least that's my guess of Tesla's legal arguments. :D

Last edited:
I have a confession to make: I sold all my shares at 800 a few weeks ago. After my well publicized bailout and buyback - a few weeks earlier - I was convinced I wouldn’t be selling anymore. But then corona happened. After the situation in Italy started deteriorating it became crystal clear to me how events in the rest of Europe and the world would roll out. And TSLA would not be immune to it. So I decided to preserve my gains. It wasn’t fear, it just seemed like the smart thing to do.

But it was always my intention to get back in and that’s what I started doing today: I bought half of my position back at 370, 360 and 352 (358 average). It may have been too soon, as the US has not yet seen the height of the corona crisis and the economic impact still has to become visible. So I’m still keeping cash to buy back the rest, plus more, if we go lower.

Over the last few weeks, as we were going down, I felt a lot of respect for the HODL’ers here, for sticking to their conviction no matter what. But I also felt sorry for them, for not being able to cash in on their gains and be able to buy back more shares at a lower price. I’d want that for all longs.

Don’t feel sorry for me. I really can’t buy in lower than the vast majority of my shares. All my ‘extra demand’ shares are still below current pricing. I’m good.

No one knows the future. Not even you. There are so many variables that it is ridiculous to assume that the United States will play out exactly like Italy. To assert that you can predict the outcome of events with such certainty is incredibly arrogant, irrespective of whether you end up being correct or not.

We can learn form Italy. Trump doesn’t. I don’t care if I’m right or not. In fact, I hope I’m wrong.

This 25% workforce agreement smells like Elon’s four-dimensional chess to me. He’s inoculated himself against factory closure for an indefinite period. He no longer has to fight that fight. And as others have suggested, I’ll bet he has found a way to maximize profits as a function of workforce.

This is right up Tesla’s alley and something I mentioned in an earlier post — learn from this whole epic situation to become better.

Perfect opportunity to take efficiency to a whole other level now.

I have a confession to make: I sold all my shares at 800 a few weeks ago. After my well publicized bailout and buyback - a few weeks earlier - I was convinced I wouldn’t be selling anymore. But then corona happened. After the situation in Italy started deteriorating it became crystal clear to me how events in the rest of Europe and the world would roll out. And TSLA would not be immune to it. So I decided to preserve my gains. It wasn’t fear, it just seemed like the smart thing to do.

But it was always my intention to get back in and that’s what I started doing today: I bought half of my position back at 370, 360 and 352 (358 average). It may have been too soon, as the US has not yet seen the height of the corona crisis and the economic impact still has to become visible. So I’m still keeping cash to buy back the rest, plus more, if we go lower.

Over the last few weeks, as we were going down, I felt a lot of respect for the HODL’ers here, for sticking to their conviction no matter what. But I also felt sorry for them, for not being able to cash in on their gains and be able to buy back more shares at a lower price. I’d want that for all longs.

As long as you acknowledge it is luck and not skill then we are good :) ... now just stay long this time

I guess you are making all these trades in a non taxable account or there are no capital gains taxes in Nederlands

I sold other positions with limited upside and bought more Tesla on the way down so i got best of both worlds in tax sheltered account

not sure if @CurtRenz is still posting ARK but here you go ... I think they loaded up on some shares yesterday also
upload_2020-3-18_18-52-51.png

negligence per se

The county ordered temporary shut down is meant to protect the public by "flattening the curve."

The horse left the barn. Tesla gets to keep making cars with 2,500 workers. So those couple of workers who felt the need to strum up certain media attention can be part of the 7,500 who stay home. Everybody happy now. Cool. Moving on.

Some people here think the Fremont 75% workforce reduction is good news (since it isn't a total shutdown, and people are speculating about spreading people out, so only 25% of people work at one time, don't know if that'll fly). I think the headlines and news stories are going to be pretty brutal. Unless we are up macro big time tomorrow, I suspect TSLA will be down at open from this.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
Some people here think the Fremont 75% workforce reduction is good news (since it isn't a total shutdown, and people are speculating about spreading people out, so only 25% of people work at one time, don't know if that'll fly). I think the headlines and news stories are going to be pretty brutal. Unless we are up macro big time tomorrow, I suspect TSLA will be down at open from this.

Tesla the only one who cranking cars out. F, FCA and GM are closed down. Chinese will be buying next weeks tsla stock as they know, this crisid will end rather quickly. Also europeans are starting to get it bit by bit, as you hear more and more people are recovering quickly from the virus.