Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stocks up bc of currently on going presser w Trump and team. They’re thinking abt loosening up lockdown and being more selective after the 15 days vs extending it longer bc of the expected decrease in mortality rate.. i.e. less than 1% vs 3-5%

edit: the cure cannot he worse than the virus

I don't really think anyone takes anything that Trump says seriously anymore. Guy's lost all sense of credibility with these daily updates.......I mean he didn't have much credibility before but you know what I mean. These daily updates are daily trainwrecks.

After-action Report: Mon, Mar 23, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $423.70
Volume: 16,492,459
Traded: $6,987,896,352.42 ($6.99 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 101.60%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)​

FINRA "Short Exempt" / "Short Volume" = 1.30% (Pre-Market + Main Session Only)

Comment: "Market trades TSLA on a strict multiple of NASDAQ-100"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-03-23.png

Last edited:
Just took a peek at TSLA LEAPS. Dear lord, the IV is inflating these things beyond anything rational. $72 for $900 strike LEAPS on a stock priced at $420 today? So much for making homerun bets today.

Yeah, IV is pretty absurd atm.

I'm considering selling some of my Jun'21 $900s, because my confidence level in them has dropped since this crisis started, and they are trading way higher than they should be right now. I bought them for $20 in January when SP was ~$490, and now with SP at $430, they're trading at $52 :eek:

That just makes no sense at all.

Couldn't read the article because of the paywall.

The US will have over 1 million deaths? China has less than 3,200 deaths so far. What is his prognosis for China?
According to the World Health Organization, the United States leads the world in ladder deaths. Each year, there are more than 164,000 emergency room-treated injuries and 300 deaths in the U.S. that are caused by falls from ladders. Most ladder deaths are from falls of 10 feet or less.
Just Saying
I will shut up now.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: CyberDutchie
Heat pumps in Model Y may be indicator of what other new products Tesla is going to reveal in the future.

Don’t sleep on Tesla Energy and heat pumps.

Elon Musk hints at a 'Tesla Smart Home' with more efficient air conditioning - Electrek

ADD: scaled production of heat pumps lowers cost for home heat pump and vice versa. 300% more efficient heat pump in the home at compelling price could really be interesting. Also, could become a “package deal” for solar roof, powerwall, Tesla heat pump all in one.

Last edited:
Yeah, IV is pretty absurd atm.

I'm considering selling some of my Jun'21 $900s, because my confidence level in them has dropped since this crisis started, and they are trading way higher than they should be right now. I bought them for $20 in January when SP was ~$490, and now with SP at $430, they're trading at $52 :eek:

That just makes no sense at all.
Sell, sell, sell (best Cramer voice).

Tesla could be in line for substantial Federal low-interest loans due to the stimulus package now being considered by the US Senate. Question is wether the Bill as written leaves substantial wiggle room for the Adminstration to deny loans to green companies like Tesla, and not have the fact made public:

NY Times: Mar 23, 2020

"At the heart of the impasse is a $425 billion fund created by the bill that the Federal Reserve could leverage for loans to assist broad groups of distressed companies, and an additional $75 billion it would provide for industry-specific loans. Democrats have raised concerns that the funds do not have rules for transparency or enough guardrails to make sure companies do not use the funds to enrich themselves or take government money and lay off workers. They also argue the measure would give Mr. Mnuchin too much discretion to decide which companies receive the funds, calling the proposal a “slush fund” for the administration.

"As the legislation is currently written, Mr. Mnuchin would not have to disclose the recipients until six months after the loans were disbursed. Some Democrats also objected to loopholes in the legislation they said could allow Mr. Trump’s real estate empire to take advantage of the federal aid."​

Again, at the heart of the matter is a level playing field. If Boeing gets loans, or GM and Ford get loans but not Tesla, there will be hell to pay.

And that's NOT a low-interest loan.

Haven't seen Curt post lately, hope everything is ok...

Thanks for the fill-in though!

@Curt Renz was seen reading the Forum today. We all miss him; now its all disfunctional Polka!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Heat pumps in Model Y may be indicator of what other new products Tesla is going to reveal in the future.

Don’t sleep on Tesla Energy and heat pumps.

Elon Musk hints at a 'Tesla Smart Home' with more efficient air conditioning - Electrek

ADD: scaled production of heat pumps lowers cost for home heat pump and vice versa. 300% more efficient heat pump in the home at compelling price could really be interesting. Also, could become a “package deal” for solar roof, powerwall, Tesla heat pump all in one.

Plus Tesla has the technology know how to make a smart efficient home, connected to every appliance and speaker, and have some sort of Alexa that controls your home. Everything is accessible on your Tesla app.

Tesla could be in line for substantial Federal low-interest loans due to the stimulus package now being considered by the US Senate. Question is wether the Bill as written leaves substantial wiggle room for the Adminstration to deny loans to green companies like Tesla, and not have the fact made public:

NY Times: Mar 23, 2020

"At the heart of the impasse is a $425 billion fund created by the bill that the Federal Reserve could leverage for loans to assist broad groups of distressed companies, and an additional $75 billion it would provide for industry-specific loans. Democrats have raised concerns that the funds do not have rules for transparency or enough guardrails to make sure companies do not use the funds to enrich themselves or take government money and lay off workers. They also argue the measure would give Mr. Mnuchin too much discretion to decide which companies receive the funds, calling the proposal a “slush fund” for the administration.

"As the legislation is currently written, Mr. Mnuchin would not have to disclose the recipients until six months after the loans were disbursed. Some Democrats also objected to loopholes in the legislation they said could allow Mr. Trump’s real estate empire to take advantage of the federal aid."​

Again, at the heart of the matter is a level playing field. If Boeing gets loans, or GM and Ford get loans but not Tesla, there will be hell to pay.

And that's NOT a low-interest loan.

Senators from CA and NV would not being doing their jobs if that is the case.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
According to the World Health Organization, the United States leads the world in ladder deaths. Each year, there are more than 164,000 emergency room-treated injuries and 300 deaths in the U.S. that are caused by falls from ladders. Most ladder deaths are from falls of 10 feet or less.
Just Saying
I will shut up now.
As my Mom always told me , "cover your mouth when you cough, wash your hands and stop picking your nose"(also leave it alone it will grow)
Sorry I will now shut up....

Also, I agree to the analyses of Papafox that $350 may be a resistance and could be tested again. Ark Invest did do heavy buying at that level. If we fall through no one knows but that would be even more a bargain.

Support has been strong at the 200-day Moving Average, see MA(200) on this chart, currently at about $374 an increasing by about $1.50 per day. Further, we've separated ourselves from the 'stickiness' of the Lower-BB over the past 2 days:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-03-23.20-00.png

Cheers!

Lots of interesting Musk tweets this hour.

I’ve been skeptical about smart home products (how much smarter can a refrigerator really get?) but I do see how if I was getting a Tesla solar roof and battery for my home, getting a Tesla HVAC system to go with it makes a lot of sense.

Whoa, that’s another multi hundred billion market for Tesla to disrupt.

Lots of interesting Musk tweets this hour.

I’ve been skeptical about smart home products (how much smarter can a refrigerator really get?) but I do see how if I was getting a Tesla solar roof and battery for my home, getting a Tesla HVAC system to go with it makes a lot of sense.

Whoa, that’s another multi hundred billion market for Tesla to disrupt.

And if they’re doing all that, why not use Boring Company bricks and just make the whole house. Prefab modular Tesla house.