Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel the need to chime in because things are really getting out of hand, and the only one profiting from it is the TESLAQ crowd (who are laughing their a** off about this voluntary mass suicide).

I think many people are completely overreacting to what has happened. Yes, maybe the mod in question overreacted, although it is not for me to make any judgment. If he did, it was likely out of frustation about the fact that so many people have been ignoring mod requests for months (I myself have given up out of the same frustration). But Karenrei imho is also overreacting by going away, and staying away. I've seen the discussion and it could have been worked out. And Factchecking went away out of solidarity, but I do not understand why he is persisting. What do they expect to accomplish? They are only hurting themselves and this community.

And now everyone here starts cancelling their subscriptions. What on earth will that accomplish?!? It only hurts the owners of this site, who are not moderators. And it will surely not change the situation. You will only hurt the TMC owners, this community and yourself. It's mass hysteria, with only one winner: TESLAQ. Everyone needs to come to your senses.
Indeed TESLAQ must love our self-defeating snowballing acts of indignation.

For what it's worth, growth of those receiving good info on this forum raises interest in TSLA, raising all of our boats in the same way that more new model Y owners raise awareness of Tesla's EV's, raising the standards and lowering the costs of production of EV's.

I've been far more of a very grateful net receiver of wonderful information, than a giver here. However, with that I've brought 3 more even less knowledgeable investors into the TSLA family. That is my only contribution so far.

That's all I have to say about that right now...

-Off to make mediocre, simple trading decisions that would have the likes of KR and Fact Checking rolling on the floor.

Why is everything so green this morning? The fact we are going to get a stimulus is not a surprise. Trump was saying yesterday that the shutdown could be over next week, which has zero chance of happening. Up today but red by the end of the week?

I don't think the market knows either. So much uncertainty, and noone knows exactly how this all will pan out.

Looks like today FOMO is winning out over FOF, but tomorrow could be the opposite.

Reactions: DrL90 and BornToFly
Why is everything so green this morning? The fact we are going to get a stimulus is not a surprise. Trump was saying yesterday that the shutdown could be over next week, which has zero chance of happening. Up today but red by the end of the week?

We got some churning going on while Mr. Market tries to decide where we are at. Pretty common in volatile markets. I am not convinced that the coming events will be positive for the markets, but Mr. Market certainly wants to believe. At least for today.

Meanwhile, my FOMO slowly starts to kick in.

I have a bunch of buy orders below $350 planned in a way so I can re-enter with double the shares I had in January. But my FOMO starts to tell me it's never gonna happen?

I've just finished listening to two amazing podcasts by Jason Calacanis, David Friedberg and Chamath Palihapitiya -
(also check E0 on your Podcasts platform of choice, doesn't seem to be on YT) and Gali from HyperChange, and also listening to other sources and everyone seems to be in agreement that this downturn is gonna last months. (Well, duh). As we know, Tesla is well positioned to survive this and with really only 1 week of shutdown in Freemont in Q1 it doesn't look like P&D is gonna be that bad and they will certainly include some positive forward looking statements in that letter. So did Tesla hit the bottom yet? Is it fully in reversal now?

Or is the new strategy for now HODL OFF?

Stop figure pointing. Things are out of control enough. Let's get a solution and bring Karen and FC back.
This is the superior solution. Clearly most of us have contributed to OT diversions from time to time. We all could help the mods, site owners and ourselves by improving our self-control. We also need to try to encourage our favorite posters to exercise better discipline too. Finally, we do need Moderation, and Moderators who help us moderate our spontaneous excursions of fanciful flight. Moderators are people and they become exhausted too.

So, I really want Karen and FC back! I want both of them, and us, to help exercise better thread discipline too. After all we can have however many threads we want to have. This post, and our dominant recent discussion are OT as Investors. We might well take that to a new thread also, one in which we plot strategies and tactics to help improve the quality of our discourse in the Forum. If we do not do that, we'll all become irrelevant to each other.

Logically this entire debate should be elsewhere.

I feel the need to chime in because things are really getting out of hand, and the only one profiting from it is the TSLAQ crowd (who are laughing their a** off about this voluntary mass suicide).

I think many people are completely overreacting to what has happened. Yes, maybe the mod in question overreacted, although it is not for me to make any judgment. If he did, it was likely out of frustation about the fact that so many people have been ignoring mod requests for months (I myself have given up out of the same frustration). But Karenrei imho is also overreacting by going away, and staying away. I've seen the discussion and it could have been worked out. And Factchecking went away out of solidarity, but I do not understand why he is persisting. What do they expect to accomplish? They are only hurting themselves and this community.

And now everyone here starts cancelling their subscriptions. What on earth will that accomplish?!? It only hurts the owners of this site, who are not moderators. And it will surely not change the situation. You will only hurt the TMC owners, this community and yourself. It's mass hysteria, with only one winner: TSLAQ. Everyone needs to come to your senses.
Can’t believe I am responding but just saw what’s going on. As I have posted before moderators have expressed the right to totally control speech on the site and I agree but posters here have the right to not post. You need to learn that and accept.

If some one knew details of what would happen today and by end of the week, they wouldn't be here...
Market will do whatever it likes.. just need to have longer term perspective in mind.
We can speculate... based on what we are seeing.. VIX /SPX divergence, so perhaps short term bounce back, but thats TBD.
I am looking for SPX to get back to 2600 area... yeah 10-18% upside from yesterday's close.

Reactions: wnorris and Fobble
Trimmed your post a little

This post, and our dominant recent discussion are OT as Investors. We might well take that to a new thread also, one in which we plot strategies and tactics to help improve the quality of our discourse in the Forum. If we do not do that, we'll all become irrelevant to each other.

Logically this entire debate should be elsewhere.

We already have this thread here in TSLA Investor Discussions:

Managing the volume of the Investor's Roundtable thread

I feel the need to chime in because things are really getting out of hand, and the only one profiting from it is the TSLAQ crowd (who are laughing their a** off about this voluntary mass suicide).

And now everyone here starts cancelling their subscriptions. What on earth will that accomplish?!? It only hurts the owners of this site, who are not moderators. And it will surely not change the situation. You will only hurt the TMC owners, this community and yourself. It's mass hysteria, with only one winner: TSLAQ. Everyone needs to come to your senses.
Yes, I agree that people are overreacting, but this is easily fixed.
  1. I don't know who the mod who DM'd Karen is, and I really don't care, but they should step down, or be removed, as moderator.
  2. One (or all) of the remaining moderators should send a communication to Karen asking her to return.
  3. Let peace and harmony return to TMC, and the Universe.

So mods prememptively warning Karen not to post about receiving her car. I wonder do they do that a lot because as a long time reader of this and other years investment threads I've read dozens if not hundreds of posts from people about what car they've ordered, what their VINs were and even many photos of the cars themselves.
Not only that, but I didn’t even view her car posts as being particularly OT, since we got an idea of Tesla’s commitment and deliveries in Iceland.

Deaths mounting, economy contracting, TSLA tanking. Who’s the biggest villain here? Clearly, the mods!

A bit of anger transference perhaps?

As a very old saying went: "When the crib is empty the horses bite."
Not a solution in sight. Not many horses either ...

Slow edit: Especially Icelandic hesturinn! :p

• Helpful
Reactions: Intl Professor
Chasing away KarenRei, Fact Checking and Neroden as an improvement here

Please don't mention KarenRei and Fact Checking in the same sentence as Neroden.

Neroden was endlessly repetitive and as wrong as wrong could be. Anyone who believed the foolish things he was saying lost a lot of money. Karen and FC are a huge asset to the forum.

Last edited:

To be honest, until this whole thing with KR and FC blew up, I thought it was only me. Since I did take this thread literally as a dumping ground of all information from the beginning and I kept up that habit as the site evolved with new users. Truth is, we are no longer that niche website of pioneers supporting some crazy idea.

But I do agree with Karen that some of the mod comments while deleting or moving is inappropriate. And I disagree with some of the judgement call that was made with regards to what is appropriate on this thread.

When the informations and advanced warning that I posted about coronavirus from my network that took time and money to build up got deleted. I thought that was extremely inappropriate. And as a result, not many ppl saw the warning, but some did and they messaged me about it. I think the mods in question might be a bit too sensitive to info that are negative to the outcome of tsla stock. Mods need to also keep in mind that many things that move a stock is completely unrelated to it and may sound crazy when discussed in an early enough time, take EV for example. Unless you are god, you don't know.

I did notice that recently, the mod msg for movement of posts and deletion is getting more professional so it is improving. But sadly the damage is already done.

Last edited:
There are several specific reasons for optimism and consequent market strength of TSLA:
1. GF-4 ground preparation is advancing very rapidly, permits are being issues with alacrity,
2. GF-3 is producing at design capacity according to several reports, and drone visuals support obvious high production levels,
3. GF-3 build out is advancing far faster than most people imagined, with heaving pilings attesting to heavy production equipment preparations'
4. Model Y deliveries have begun with persistent positive early reviews for overall performance, capacities and seemingly major innovation in heat pump technology, electrical harnesses and on and on'
5. The solar roof production has been going well with huge order backlogs already known (remember California roof mandate?
6. Tesla PR is very positive regarding COVID-19 helpfulness and responsiveness.
7. The limited early reports suggest Q1 for Tesla will be less problematical than it will have been for many others'
8. TSLA net cash position appears to be the best among major manufacturers. There is enough noise and 'sturm und drang" to make it impossible to know this for certain.

There is more. Under this situation all the shorts in the world can generate volatility without question what they cannot do is make this into TSLAQ. Q cannot happen with high liquidity. Lack of liquidity makes Q. Thus the traders will do everything they can do to profit from volatility, helped by FUD and algorithms, some of which probably work to generate FUD. TSLA, even they know, is on a long upward trajectory.

Meanwhile, my FOMO slowly starts to kick in.

I have a bunch of buy orders below $350 planned in a way so I can re-enter with double the shares I had in January. But my FOMO starts to tell me it's never gonna happen?
So did Tesla hit the bottom yet? Is it fully in reversal now?

Or is the new strategy for now HODL OFF?
EP.0 on Podcast only.
In terms of price who knows, but 350.51 I believe was the lowest print on 3/18. Given that fact and now so many people who missed is looking for that 350 buy again, the chances is low that it will get to that exact #. well if market tanks... than even 280 is possible in the current environment. There is Green stimulus package, all the buyers will probably looking for 350 again..
I say two scenarios.. price comes back close to 350 but not at 350... so say like 377.... or it will just break 350 support and tanks down lower and possibly break 300 or low 300s.

What about others? Any speculation on future price near term?

What about others? Any speculation on future price near term?

Such a dangerous time to speculate. I think the market will swing around wildly for a few more weeks. You need to see a few days of flat numbers of CV deaths in the US before things normalize, and then there may be a mad rush to get back into the market.
I am getting severe urges to buy right now, but having got burned badly recently by my day trading habits...I'm keeping some spare cash and sitting on the sidelines.

I might be tempted to get back in just before the Q1 financial results (by which I mean buy a few more shares outright, not options), as I can see that being some rare good market news.

Reactions: sweter