Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tl;Dr;
Off topic posts are off topic, 30% off topic/'unwelcome' means 70%, a super majority, on topic / 'welcome'.
Rather than quit due to 'threat' where the only possible action is removing ability to post, one can dial it back in the thread that is being addressed.

Long version:
It is said there are n sides to a story: what each person's experience was, and what really happened.
Here is mine (a non-mod)

Regarding the tweet
Wiffle bat? Gunfight? It's a forum, with threads, that anyone can start.

But sounds bad, right? Premptively warnings? Well, she already told us about that warning:
Mar 15
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Was that a spontaneous warning? No, previous car centric posts:
Feb 24 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable
Feb 30 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Mar 4: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Mar 5 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Each of which spawned replies.

Regardless of who's car it is, is a single delivery on topic for this thread?

Regarding the residual signature:

First off, we don't know what the actual wording was. Second, 25% to 30% unwelcome means 70% to 75% welcome.
Those who have been here longer than 2017 know the side tracks that have happened to this thread.
Is being told to keep things in this thread focused (and I say this thread since mods have limited domains) wrong?

Was this helpful or informative at all? Only one person voted yes.

There is this from Friday, which again spawned multiple responses (which of which were deleted, including her response that explains the joke):

One person (the same one) rated it informative, the rest like, love, or funny.

Which was shortly followed by

Note that KR is in the likes on that post.

Options:
  • Quit (KR was not banned)
  • Dial it back on this thread
  • Make a separate thread
N sides to a story

All change involves loss

Be safe out there

i’ve been here since 2012, this is the only thread I follow and have time for, because it’s the only thread that discusses the state of affairs regarding TSLA and Tesla the company in near realtime. (I cannot even find the main Coronavirus thread, after searching for 10 minutes!).

This group of moderators has done this forum a huge disservice. Paying members are dropping out left and right, the number of posts has gone down significantly and this will likely continue.

It’s a shame after all these years!

Bloomberg just did a disgusting edit to the headline of that story. Now it reads:

Virus Skeptic Musk Donates Ventilators in California Crisis
instead of:
California Governor Says Elon Musk Delivered 1,000 Ventilators

They just changed the title of the article. I loaded it once and couldn't find the browser tab so I loading it in another browser tab and they had changed it! The original headline makes Musk out to be a hero of the State and the second one makes him sound like an egomaniac. :rolleyes:

And it wasn't 1000 but a full 25% more - 1255!

They also edited the story itself to paint Musk in a more negative light. Here is the original text of the story with the headline "California Governor Says Elon Musk Delivered 1,000 Ventilators":

(Bloomberg) -- Elon Musk, the billionaire chief executive officer of Tesla Inc. and SpaceX, delivered 1,000 ventilators to officials in Los Angeles to meet demand as the coronavirus pandemic becomes more severe, California Governor Gavin Newsom said.

“Elon Musk: how about this? I told you a few days ago he was likely to have 1,000 ventilators this week,” Newsom told reporters in a briefing Monday. “They arrived in Los Angeles and Elon Musk is already working with the hospital association and others to get those ventilators out in real time. It’s an heroic effort.”

Newsom also said six California companies have offered their facilities to manufacture gowns and he’s in conversation with another 25 providers that want to start 3D printing masks for health-care workers.

Updated models predict the state is currently 50,000 hospital beds short to meet needs as the pandemic spreads, the governor said. For the health-care workers who will staff those additional beds, Newsom said the state is looking to procure 1 billion gloves and more than 500 million masks.

“That’s not a typo,” Newsom said.

Related: Musk Talks Ventilators With Medtronic as It Doubles Production

For more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com

But the same link now takes you to a more negative version: Virus Skeptic Musk Donates Ventilators in California Crisis
So, I wonder where we will see headlines like:

"Failed Presidential Candidate lashes out on Own News Channels in Enraged Envy against Succesful Rival Billionaire for doing too much good"

Sorry for the clutter but editing my message was disabled and I forgot to say huge (!) thanks to Fact Checking and KarenRei before checking out, you are awesome. All the best.

88336-3A6E877D-4609-4AC8-B837-6A73C8DA0A89-0-1501203773.gif

Tl;Dr;
Off topic posts are off topic, 30% off topic/'unwelcome' means 70%, a super majority, on topic / 'welcome'.
Rather than quit due to 'threat' where the only possible action is removing ability to post, one can dial it back in the thread that is being addressed.

Long version:
It is said there are n sides to a story: what each person's experience was, and what really happened.
Here is mine (a non-mod)

Regarding the tweet
Wiffle bat? Gunfight? It's a forum, with threads, that anyone can start.

But sounds bad, right? Premptively warnings? Well, she already told us about that warning:
Mar 15

Was that a spontaneous warning? No, previous car centric posts:
Feb 24 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable
Feb 30 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Mar 4: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Mar 5 Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

Each of which spawned replies.

Regardless of who's car it is, is a single delivery on topic for this thread?

Regarding the residual signature:

First off, we don't know what the actual wording was. Second, 25% to 30% unwelcome means 70% to 75% welcome.
Those who have been here longer than 2017 know the side tracks that have happened to this thread.
Is being told to keep things in this thread focused (and I say this thread since mods have limited domains) wrong?

Was this helpful or informative at all? Only one person voted yes.

There is this from Friday, which again spawned multiple responses (which of which were deleted, including her response that explains the joke):

One person (the same one) rated it informative, the rest like, love, or funny.

Which was shortly followed by

Note that KR is in the likes on that post.

Options:
  • Quit (KR was not banned)
  • Dial it back on this thread
  • Make a separate thread
N sides to a story

All change involves loss

Be safe out there

So mods prememptively warning Karen not to post about receiving her car. I wonder do they do that a lot because as a long time reader of this and other years investment threads I've read dozens if not hundreds of posts from people about what car they've ordered, what their VINs were and even many photos of the cars themselves.

It does rather look like a mod did single her out for special treatment which is a disgrace. Notice also complete radio silence from the mod since despite many others posting their dissatisfaction, cancelling their subscriptions and fellow mods resigning their position.

This thread is impossible to moderate. The mods put in hours upon hours of time in the attempt, which is a commendable effort.

However, in their attempts they ran off Neroden, Karen, and FC, all of whom were long-time members whose frequent postings provided far more value then distraction.

The thread would be harder to read without moderation, of that I am certain, but at least there would be much more freedom of info and it would feel less like an echo chamber.

There’s no perfect solution. People will always complain one way or the other.

I want to reiterate that the mods efforts have been extensive and while I think they went overboard, their intentions and motivations were nothing but positive and we should be thankful for that and hopefully everyone can figure out a way to come back together.

I feel the need to chime in because things are really getting out of hand, and the only one profiting from it is the TSLAQ crowd (who are laughing their a** off about this voluntary mass suicide).

I think many people are completely overreacting to what has happened. Yes, maybe the mod in question overreacted, although it is not for me to make any judgment. If he did, it was likely out of frustation about the fact that so many people have been ignoring mod requests for months (I myself have given up out of the same frustration). But Karenrei imho is also overreacting by going away, and staying away. I've seen the discussion and it could have been worked out. And Factchecking went away out of solidarity, but I do not understand why he is persisting. What do they expect to accomplish? They are only hurting themselves and this community.

And now everyone here starts cancelling their subscriptions. What on earth will that accomplish?!? It only hurts the owners of this site, who are not moderators. And it will surely not change the situation. You will only hurt the TMC owners, this community and yourself. It's mass hysteria, with only one winner: TSLAQ. Everyone needs to come to your senses.

I feel the need to chime in because things are really getting out of hand, and the only one profiting from it is the TESLAQ crowd (who are laughing their a** off about this voluntary mass suicide).

I think many people are completely overreacting to what has happened. Yes, maybe the mod in question overreacted, although it is not for me to make any judgment. If he did, it was likely out of frustation about the fact that so many people have been ignoring mod requests for months (I myself have given up out of the same frustration). But Karenrei imho is also overreacting by going away, and staying away. I've seen the discussion and it could have been worked out. And Factchecking went away out of solidarity, but I do not understand why he is persisting. What do they expect to accomplish? They are only hurting themselves and this community.

And now everyone here starts cancelling their subscriptions. What on earth will that accomplish?!? It only hurts the owners of this site, who are not moderators. And it will surely not change the situation. You will only hurt the TMC owners, this community and yourself. It's mass hysteria, with only one winner: TESLAQ. Everyone needs to come to your senses.

Perhaps an "over reacting" Moderator is the one who is hurting the owners and members. I know that in today's society, nobody is responsible for their actions. Oh well.

Perhaps an "over reacting" Moderator is the one who is hurting the owners and members. I know that in today's society, nobody is responsible for their actions. Oh well.
This gets you insta-banned at almost any discussion forum. Shall we make you responsible for your actions?

On-topic posts please people!

I feel the need to chime in because things are really getting out of hand, and the only one profiting from it is the TESLAQ crowd (who are laughing their a** off about this voluntary mass suicide).

And now everyone here starts cancelling their subscriptions. What on earth will that accomplish?!? It only hurts the owners of this site, who are not moderators. And it will surely not change the situation. You will only hurt the TMC owners, this community and yourself. It's mass hysteria, with only one winner: TESLAQ. Everyone needs to come to your senses.

Are you attempting to unify us against a common enemy by invoking the specter of TSLAQ? This is a ridiculous statement.

Whichever mod was responsible should just own it and attempt to rectify the situation, or yes, this forum will crash and burn which it appears to be doing right now anyway. Chasing away KarenRei, Fact Checking and Neroden as an improvement here? This is a trees and forest situation.

For the record, I am considering cancelling as well. Though I don’t suppose what I bring to this forum means much compared to the posters I just named.

What a shame....this was such a rare find on this crummy internet thing.

Regardless, I wish everyone the best, including the mod responsible.

Stop figure pointing. Things are out of control enough. Let's get a solution and bring Karen and FC back.

the solution is for the one moderator who has been repeatedly rude and insulting towards myriad users to resign.

this is my last off topic post. or at least my last off topic post on this subject, i promise!