Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And THAT, RIGHT THERE, is the problem! There was so much good stuff in today's report, and it will all get pushed to the side because of that one word which the media will have a field day with this evening and tomorrow.

I’m glad Elon has his point of view and agree with it.

Freedom of choice is our basis.

All can stay home at their choice.

If you disagree, click it, and stay home. It’s a choice, not a mandate.

Too many want a mandate when they disagree.

Click disagree, don’t go out. It’s easy if that’s your choice.

But I feel when people click disagree they expect the world to bend.

That isn’t how the world works, that isn’t how agreement works, and it isn’t how disagreement works.

You don’t get to be right because you think you are, and I do not either.

I’m with Elon on this.

Let people choose.

Don’t choose for me.

Last edited:
And THAT, RIGHT THERE, is the problem! There was so much good stuff in today's report, and it will all get pushed to the side because of that one word which the media will have a field day with this evening and tomorrow.

yeah first he dropped an F-bomb, which was probably gonna be a headline, then a "g-dammit", then that sad, out of touch "fascism" rant just trumped everything, including all the good news in this otherwise-amazing call. very dumb. It's going to dominate the entire quarter now. so stupid.

Facts are facts.

People can choose to stay home.

Is a pasta seller no longer allowed to exist?

When can they sell pasta?

This has no end point because there is no leadership.

Do we stay home forever because ?

Can a pasta seller plan for September? June 2022?

Do we just all quarantine until 2023?

Disagree away. Science is who you should talk to. Not me.
There really needs to be an eye-roll emoji

Sooo uhhh, can we vote AJ off the questions for future calls?

Actually, I just listened back to his questions and Elon’s responses, and AJ did give Elon a chance to express to what needs to happen in terms of infrastructure improvements here in the US. I think it was a great answer and potentially useful.

I’m glad Elon has his point of view and agree with it.

Freedom of choice is our basis.

All can stay home at their choice.

If you disagree, click it, and stay home. It’s a choice, not a mandate.

Too many want a mandate when they disagree.

Click disagree, don’t go out. It’s easy if that’s your choice.
'MURIKA!

Actually smoking in many public places has been banned. So mostly smoking only affects the smoker and the people willing to be around them when smoking.

Agreed, @JRP3 . And the reason is, it costs the rest of us to care for you in a hospital if you go and let yourself be infected = stupid and should be restricted. Plus, you put health workers and others at risk.

I wish the same argument was "allowed" in the US for why people should not have free rein to use guns.

Whoops, I just opened another can of worms... (and I'm Canadian BTW)

yeah first he dropped an F-bomb, which was probably gonna be a headline, then a "g-dammit", then that sad, out of touch "fascism" rant just trumped everything, including all the good news in this otherwise-amazing call. very dumb. It's going to dominate the entire quarter now. so stupid.

I see what you did there...

Good thing earnings call was 3 hours prior to h going off the deep end. At least we had some good headlines for a few hours.

Reactions: wipster
So you would argue that the government should never have the ability to set certain rules that the population has to abide by in order to safeguard public health? Should we just scrap the whole concept of State of Emergency and just hope that, when an actual national emergency occurs, people's common sense will prevail?
In a free society the government should use persuasion not force.

No, that was the usual number of questions.

EDIT: I can't back that up with data, but in total they took around 10 or 11 questions, which is about usual I think. The calls typically end in an hour.

I was wondering if they would add extra to the hour because of the disconnection. They didn't, and that was the right thing to do. These analyst question periods are a chore, and the disconnection was not Tesla's fault to 'make up for'.

During the high school hacker event, he made a point of saying their questions were great, and later said it wasn't 'false praise'. I agree, those kids were way better than most analysts.

All the tremendous accomplishments for Tesla this quarter. All the positive and exciting announcements for the near and long term growth. All the expanding gap between Tesla and all it's competitors.

All this, and all we can talk about is the CEO's comment regarding the pandemic. Really? Come on folks, we're better than that, aren't we?

Dan