Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WARNING!! WARNING!!! I purchased 1000 shares AH around 883, anticipating a short squeeze tomorrow, and more institutional buying. This guarantees a drop in the SP until I get Margin called, or panic sell. You have been warned! :confused:

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you have $100,000 in paper losses in less than 24 hours!!! Somehow, I have become a contra-indicator with 100% reliability.... :oops:

Not suspicious at all CNBC:
D42F147B-8FBD-4279-817C-506D3A36A9EB.jpeg

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you have $100,000 in paper losses in less than 24 hours!!! Somehow, I have become a contra-indicator with 100% reliability.... :oops:

This is great! You’ll be so rich! All you have to do is do what you WANT to do with a very tiny amount, then do the opposite with a much larger one.

I doubt it. Elon's outlook is informed by the data and you can be sure he's consulted a number of medical professionals on this very topic. He well understands that people will get sick and die of COVID-19 but that's going to happen even if we remain locked down. What's relevant here is whether making cars would increase the death rate. His experience in China is that it doesn't have to if the proper precautions are followed.

I think it's also informed by something they talked about on the earnings call. They mentioned that Tesla carefully considered the crisis and whether to go ahead with its investments in growth. As part of this decision they must've done a lot of research into COVID-19, which is also undoubtedly influencing Elon's stance on lock downs.

It’s the other guy’s job to fight on behalf of and for his employees and company.
As always there will be people questioning whether his strategy/tactics are the best at getting result. If you call social distancing measures "fascist" the governor will probably not back down and look weak. It might have the opposite result.

Oh BTW, how come Musk doesn't call China welding apartments shut fascist ;)

After-action Report: Thu, Apr 30, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $813.87
Volume: 28,494,622
Traded: $23,190,952,939.60 ($23.19 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 95.99%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 40.7% (40th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 51.2% (55th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "Auto repair like it never happened"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-04-30.png

Is that real ? If so I feel for you.

I've seen a paper change of ~ 100k in a day also although it was the other way. It did not give me the joy you might guess, mostly because I thought to myself "if not for luck, this could have been the other direction." Around that time I started reducing my TSLA holdings.

So stupid. This guy has been banging the same drum for years now right?

Tesla Declines After Einhorn Questions Musk’s Accounting :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This crap doesn't really impact me so much, but it does hurt weak longs and casual tesla investors. I swear, it will be the year 2030 with Tesla trading at 20k a share and robotaxis everywhere and these idiots will still be granted airtime.

My wife and I have three brokerage accounts: two accounts owned by each other and operated independently, and one joint account where we have shared interest. In our own brokerage account we diverted some money to experiment but not enough to hurt out financial positions while the joint account needs to be operated jointly with agreement.

So far so good for the last 10+ years.
Very clever.

I offered to set up a toy account for my wife at IB so that she could at least see the ongoing results of her ad hoc advice. She was happy with the idea and at least superficially understood the distinction between making choices with play money Vs our life savings. Truth be told, she likes being able to dispense advice without having to take responsibility for the consequences. She also likes to 'open carry' her locked and loaded I-told-you-so gun at all times.

I think it's also informed by something they talked about on the earnings call. They mentioned that Tesla carefully considered the crisis and whether to go ahead with its investments in growth. As part of this decision they must've done a lot of research into COVID-19, which is also undoubtedly influencing Elon's stance on lock downs.

If he really have insights into this matter he won't be tweeting from obscure and toxic sources.

He behaves like parking lot truthers.

what a feeble trading day after such good news. these wall street a$$holes can suck the fun right out of a kids birthday party. phhh. guess i have to wait for mon/tues/wed for the next fireworks show
: (
Lol, yup there was 50 more to go today. We see this nearly every time Tesla produces a big best: Market Makers misjudge badly (tragically?), then brute force the SP down to what it would have been if they were right all along. Not just closing the gap today, actually giving themselves that -15% swing their (misplaced) bets counted upon. Sad or Funny? You decide. Oh well, Monday's a new week.

Cheers!

♫ Woah, we're half way there ♫
♫ Woah, livin' on a prayer ♫
♫ Take my hand, we'll make it I swear ♫

As always there will be people questioning whether his strategy/tactics are the best at getting result. If you call social distancing measures "fascist" the governor will probably not back down and look weak. It might have the opposite result.

Meh. There’d be people questioning his strategy if he just sat back and waited like good little boys and girls do until the adults in the room get their ‘this is 110% what needs to be done, guaranteed, double blind study, peer reviewed science’.

Again, it makes no difference to me what happens but what’s coming out of Alameda County is a bunch of ‘nobody wants to stick their neck out any further than absolutely necessary’. I get it’s a rock and a hard place to be in. So move the damn rock or step out from between the two.

I don’t know why nobody has @anthonyj ’s cajones to just come out and say; Look folks, this is the deal.

We have x new cases still every day, x people are dying per day, we don’t have the testing kits available to test everyone because this, if we let you all go back to normal this is what’s going to happen, to help prevent that from happening we’re going to require this of low risk businesses, this of medium risk businesses and this of high risk businesses, masks will have to be wore under these circumstances until our daily rate of new cases drops to this level, and so on. Just lay it out for people and then have them choose for themselves.

As of today, people are now allowed to golf and play tennis, but I can’t get a therapeutic massage. Even though I shower before I go, put on clean clothes, therapist uses fresh laundered sheets and pillows for each client, I touch nothing else in the room, we’d both happily wear a mask (the only additional precaution to add to normal protocols), she washes her hands and arms thoroughly after each client, and I go home and have another shower and put on fresh clothes again. Nope, no can do. But I can go play a round of golf, yeah me! If only I could get a massage so I could swing a club relatively pain free.

I’d imagine because there’s no point to it. China is what it is and works the way it’s intended to work. The United States is intended to work in a different way and currently there is a good chunk of the population that thinks it’s working more like China than the United States.

Lol, yup there was 50 more to go today. We see this nearly every time Tesla produces a big best: Market Makers misjudge badly (tragically?), then brute force the SP down to what it would have been if they were right all along. Not just closing the gap today, actually giving themselves that -15% swing their (misplaced) bets counted upon. Sad or Funny? You decide. Oh well, Monday's a new week.

Cheers!

♫ Woah, we're half way there ♫
♫ Take my hand, we'll make it I swear ♫

betcha citadel position is almost back to 0! as far as i’m concerned they can stay that way. we don’t want ‘em.

Is that real ? If so I feel for you.

I've seen a paper change of ~ 100k in a day also although it was the other way. It did not give me the joy you might guess, mostly because I thought to myself "if not for luck, this could have been the other direction." Around that time I started reducing my TSLA holdings.

Unfortunately, yes. I was worried during AH yesterday that we would hit 1,000 on Friday, and even though I have enough shares to cover the Calls I sold, I decided to buy additional shares to cover some of the calls. As it started dropping this morning, I bought back 10 of the covered calls and immediately sold 10 900SP calls for Friday, so I made some money by rolling down. I will keep selling covered calls on those 1,000 shares now, but if the SP drops too much, I won't be able to sell them for very much (I need to sell them for enough to at least cover the interest on the margin I used). Will have to look if better to go weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.

Because Elon makes informed decisions not assumptions. The data looked like high R0 or 2.5 - 4.5 with 5% IFR at the beginning.
With newer data it looks a lot more like an IFR of 0.1 to 0.3 and less certain on the R0 but maybe still 4 or higher.
One scenario has to be locked down and eradicated or hundreds of millions die.
The other is a more akin to a 2.5x contagious flu strain, somewhat more deadly. Maybe 500k-600k? this is just my WAG I have no clue.

I'm not posting further on the subject or especially commenting on the morals, 500,000 is not "acceptable" by any means, but the argument should be more along the lines of, does that number grow or shrink so long as we stay within hospital capacity. IE if we reopen safe activities now without overwhelming healthcare, vs opening in 5 months. It may not change the final outcome significantly of the virus it just delays the numbers and has many other consequences and deaths from suicide, poverty, substance abuse etc. Not an easy subject that's for sure.

If you can't see why he hasn't fought the restrictions until this data came in, I can't help you!
(I can help you find some of the recent antibody testing results etc)

If you want to reply please take it to the NCOV thread.