Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What he does not get is the amount of harm he is doing to loyal shareholders .... for no good reason other than his inability to deal with life's situations.

*waving hand*

A real life long term and loyal shareholder here.

*does a complete self check*

I can confirm I was NOT harmed in any physical, mental, emotional or spiritual way by any of Elon’s tweets now or in the past.

Not sure what you’re problem is, but I’m starting this self-awareness online course. We can discover it together.
[/QUOTE]

Elon needs a better way to vent than using Twitter. He’s understandably under a ton of pressure but Twitter should not be the go-to.
Maybe write an angry letter launch it on a rocket into the sun or something.

A few visionaries I have admired didn't seem to do well venting their anger: Turing, Feynman, to name a few.
Bright mind takes extraordinary energy -- like a sun, that can burn itself out.

Elon needs a better way to vent than using Twitter. He’s understandably under a ton of pressure but Twitter should not be the go-to.
Maybe write an angry letter launch it on a rocket into the sun or something.

Also, I can't for the life of me understand why go and lash out on twitter, upsetting half the world one day and the other hald the day after, just 3 days before your 6th son is due. Grimes a primigravida too, she must be scared and *pissed*.

thanks, mods.

upload_2020-5-1_17-22-43.png

Rage tweeting is not rational, this is not 3D chess, it's ranting. That's ego driven.

Rage comes from fear. Ranting is one way to release at least temporarily the rage giving the individual a chance to see the fear below the rage. Until you can see and acknowledge the fear, you can’t deal with it.

You’ve got some money and lack of control fears of your own, which is why you sold shares. You’ve got lots of company. Very common fears.

And interestingly enough, you used the same type of technique as Elon to release. Now you’re in ‘good’ company. ;)

Also, I can't for the life of me understand why go and lash out on twitter, upsetting half the world one day and the other hald the day after, just 3 days before your 6th son is due. Grimes a primigravida too, she must be scared and *pissed*.

I think a lot of people would question Elon's sanity for the investment of Tesla and SpaceX:

"Why would you make an electric car?"
"Why would you make a reusable rocket?"

And so on.

Although that seems obvious to us now, it was not so obvious not so long ago.
It's not for me to judge his sanity.

Sad to read Curt’s message.

To some of us, this storm has been brewing since Musk’s “corona panic is dumb” tweet on 6th March. Because he was so obviously wrong even then. I made a year’s income that week from buying a small amount of Dow puts. While I was doing so, I comforted myself that the CEO that likes to brag how well he understands exponentials was on top of things at Tesla and was battening down the hatches for the biggest global economic dislocation in modern history. Which to me (still living at that point in Asia) was a perfectly obvious conclusion from what I’d seen locally. You didn’t need to be smart, you just had to have your eyes open and sufficiently recover from the psychological shock of it all to act accordingly.

I sold my short term shares at $750 on the way down, along with all my other equity longs. I bought some TSLA back at $400 and sold for a quick trading profit at $450 but rode the wider macro bear rally for a while. Somewhere in the middle of all that I was blocked from this forum for two weeks for reasons I cannot recall, and had a member of my household suffer a fairly severe bout of covid, while sharing a roof with 3 “vulnerable” family members. Fortunately everyone turned out ok but it seriously annoyed me reading the garbage Musk continues to post and promote at that time.

But despite Musk, I resolutely held my very long term shares throughout because in the long term Tesla seems so well placed. Well I sold most of those pre-earnings this week, but still hold a slug. And you all know the reason I sold.

I’ve never met the man but seems to me that Musk needs to see a doctor. There’s no shame in that, most of us on planet Earth have found this period overwhelming at times. Where the **** is the board? Where are his mentors? Where is his family?

Purely as an investor, I intend to ride things out with the macro shorts I’ve been building for a week. And I might dip back into TSLA later if it hits a more realistic price for a luxury consumer product manufacturer in the midst of the worst demand shock in recorded human history.

I can’t help but imagine what it must be like to be a Tesla employee right now. Oh Elon, get yourself sorted and come back please.

FINRA reported:

Naked Short Volume (%): 4.55%
Naked Short Percentile: 104th[/B]​

DailyShortSaleVolume.2020-05-01.png

Yes, that's a high amount of naked shorting today, but it did not egregiously affect the SP as occurred on Feb 4-6, 2020 when naked shorting was twice today's value.

Today, the "Uptick Rule" worked as intended, arresting the plunge in SP with the curcuit breaker at -10%. This is SUBSTANTIALLY different than Feb and Mar 2020 episoded when naked shorting priviledge WITH the "Uptick Rule" in effect. This Market maker's exemption to the rule was abused to drive the TSLA down into further double digit percentage losses EVEN WITH the supposed protection of the SEC's deeply flawed rules.

Let's watch and see what they do on Monday, with the "Uptick Rule" still in effect. This *sugar* is real.

#SEC #MARKETMAKERS #WATCHING

Last edited:
I sense that Elon is slightly unaccustomed to not getting what he wants.

But he will in the end. He won’t give up and if you press him too much, he will make you regret down the road.

Always know who you’re dealing with, and that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with money or status. Some of the most timid, unassuming people I wouldn’t mess with if you paid me and I’ll pretty much tackle anyone.

it was actually a few hundred thousand bucks, but i really dont care about that - the stock price has been through much worse before, and i didn't even think about selling. I sold a portion of my stock today (about a half million bucks worth) because i can no longer ignore that Musk has chosen to align himself with fringe conspiracy theory loonies like John freaking MacAfee (and worse) in order to avoid facing the fact that his initial coronavirus predictions were wrong.

it's also a sign of weakness that he is unable to contain his frustration, and has chosen to express it in a way that hurts and divides his allies while strengthening his enemies.

These factors called for a re-evaluation of the strength of Tesla's leadership, and so my investment in its future was reduced accordingly.

but please, go on calling any dissenters poor, stupid, and emotional.

Everything you wrote is true, Pez. I cannot say this is OK with me, Elon’s latest tirade. Even if I agree with the message, there is absolutely no way I agree with the delivery.

And you may be very happy with the timing of your sales. I feel the market is done with its irrational exuberance for now.

But ask yourself this: Financially, or even Morally on a climate change believer basis (which I believe you are) where do you go? What company do you support and invest in to get to the new renewable world we require to have a shot at not all killing each other?

I am sticking with Elon. Maybe my money will all burn. Millions like yours. What will it matter?

He contains multitudes. He is contradictory at times. He is brilliant. He can be very stupid.

This is unlike the rest of the human race which is very steady and consistent in its beliefs and actions / s.

At this point I am going home with the SO I took to the prom. Come hell or high water (what does the even mean)?

And from a nerd / technology / long term financial perspective? This company is leaving everyone in the dust! Have you seen the competition? Lollloloolollllmaorotg! They are all crying COVID and running to mommy! Lolololoool. They have all thrown in the towel on their electrics (Dunno about VW. Think they still pushing it).

All the best! Just remember, no one makes it out of here alive!

a little thicker skin is needed here. please don't leave because others might disagree. it's a great forum to banter ideas and support for a cause we all believe in. perfectly fine to not agree on issues, imo. your opinions are valuable here.
I have plenty of thick skin, I don't care if some rando on the internet wants to call me dumb. Not leaving for good, and not selling all my shares. I did sell 1/4th which is a lot for me. Elon told me to sell, and he is a genius right? ;)

That can't be true. I actually was in a Tesla store in Beijing last December and talked to many customers. Every single one of them know who's Elon Musk.

Telling you. Chinese people admire the *sugar* out of advance engineers. Elon is the brand for the Chinese. They see this guy as a Tony Stark character and are willing to put a price premium on his product. So all this nonsense about how he should step down is completely dumb for the company. Name another CEO that has 33 million twitter followers. We will just have to live with the fact that he will take a dump on our faces from time to time. As long as he execute which he is doing mightily well, I'll stay with TSLA... -39 shares. That was your penalty Tsla, I'm watching you.

Is that you, Elon?
Serious question.

Actually, maybe it was. Just went back and read all of his posts and they had an Elon ring to them. And they were all lashing out at those criticizing Elon. Notice Elon stopped tweeting while Maskoff posted here?

Of course probably not Elon but it was someone mad at investors complaining about his behavior.

I think the real Elon is upset with shareholders who are criticizing him right now. I think he expected their support and maybe with his 'price is too high', tweet, he was giving them an intentional slap.