Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t wait for more people to complain about losing a few hundred bucks

it was actually a few hundred thousand bucks, but i really dont care about that - the stock price has been through much worse before, and i didn't even think about selling. I sold a portion of my stock today (about a half million bucks worth) because i can no longer ignore that Musk has chosen to align himself with fringe conspiracy theory loonies like John freaking MacAfee (and worse) in order to avoid facing the fact that his initial coronavirus predictions were wrong.

it's also a sign of weakness that he is unable to contain his frustration, and has chosen to express it in a way that hurts and divides his allies while strengthening his enemies.

These factors called for a re-evaluation of the strength of Tesla's leadership, and so my investment in its future was reduced accordingly.

but please, go on calling any dissenters poor, stupid, and emotional.

If his action today force more people to critically reevaluate their position on the lock down order such as

- Are there any transparency to what are the conditions required to reopen the economy?
- Is it possible that collateral damage to everyone's life (unemployment, financial stress, untreated disease not related to covid19 etc) disrupted by the shut down order can be larger than the damage that is potentially done by covid19?
- We need to demand more from the local government in an actual effective response rather than this "Let's keep this locked down while we do nothing preparing for a safe reopening of the economy."
You have to be living under a rock if Musk's rants make you consider all these.

More importantly Musk has not talked about any of these obviously legitimate things - which BTW, we have all been discussing for weeks in the other thread. He is talking like that Infowars guy saying Obama is going to take away your guns.

Musk needs to take a deep breath and talk about
- What measures will Tesla take to protect employee health when the factory re-opens
- What are the measures they are already taking in GF3

Behind the scene Tesla factory managers need to reach out to state / county officials to draw up guidelines on what manufacturing industry need to open factories safely. That is the next stage that Gavin Newsom has already announced.

Someone mentioned that he could have cabin fever. I think it is the opposite. He is travelling around a fair bit to SpaceX sites. All that travelling is reminding him of the lockdown more often than us. He can see the sheer number of shops etc. closed, many of which will never open again.

Lets hope that lockdown gets lifted soon and life returns to normal somehow - we need some positivity in the house people!

Then he should've made an argument about this, but he didn't. Instead he embraced lunatic fringe conspiracies. Why he did that is perhaps up for debate, for me it seems pretty clear he just couldn't stop looking for information validating his false priors.

This is maybe my last post on the topic, but I really hope Musk takes a break for his mental well being. I hope someone can explain to him why these conspiracy theories are both wrong and why we haven't re-opened yet (we lack test+trace infrastructure currently and need to be very cautious re-opening). I hope he stops listening to lunatic libertarians like John McAfee. I hope he apologizes for his ignorance.
I hope the SEC and him reach a settlement again with another fine or short term suspension and he can keep his CEO position. I hope Tesla and CA can be a model of re-opening by insuring safety with test+trace. And I hope everything goes well with his personal life.

How many shares do you have, anyway ? When SP goes down by 10% most of us here "lose" in 10s/100s of thousands. Not few hundred bucks.

1. My guess is you lost 100,000s in unrealized gains that came from Tesla in the first place
2. The fact you have 100,000s to lose really disqualifies you from having the right to complain too much in the first place. (which is also why im not compaining)

Thank you. Between those shares, and my core shares, my account is worth $560k less today then yesterday. Those tweets really hurt. At this point I'm going to hold as long as it takes to get back to the 880 range....
Ouch, sorry for the timing of this. I was thinking about your situation when I saw the price action after the twee storm. Good luck next week and beyond. What are the margin requirements for a trade of this size?

Honestly, how has no one linked to the Deus Ex overview, especially considering Elon changed his profile pic to a Deus Ex graphic days ago? I think you might find it helpful in understanding Elon's mental state. Deus Ex - Wikipedia

Thank you!

I have played this game. Yep, Elon is pretty much in role playing mode right now ... I know it upsets people.
TL:DR; Deus Ex is the main character lives in a world where conspiracy theories are true and ravaged by virus.

I’m sorry you put your parents life savings in Tesla. I blame your parents not you

why would you be sorry about that? i thought Musk was the embodiment of a living god in your eyes, and anyone that didn't put their entire life savings into Tesla was poor, stupid, and emotional.

i mean, it's not like you are a disingenuous troll account created today for the sole purpose of stirring the pot, right?