Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was too good not to steal from EnsilZah at r/spacexmasterrace:

vtxd3w4p0ex41.png

i wonder how @Krugerrand is to play with on the golf course?
a heckler?
prankster?
team player?
inspirational coach?

No to all of the above.

I started at 11 and was a serious player until 15. Lost my passion for the sport - too much pressure from a parent.

Okay, sold my ROKU today for a +50% gain. That starts my TSLA demand shares pot.

Agreed. I mostly disagree with Elon on COVID (even though he made some actually good points in this interview imo), but it's reassuring to see that he has a coherent, defensible position on the matter, and wasn't just ranting mindlessly with nothing to back up his opinion during his twitter comments, which honestly seemed like a real possibility to me previously.
This is really good news for his decision-making ability in general in my opinion (I was getting worried in that regard during the last couple of days).

On the other hand: Why in the world didn't he just take the time to lay out his opinions on twitter in a more careful way?:confused: That would have been so much better from a PR perspective and would have avoided about 95% of this whole drama.:rolleyes:

I don't know how long you've followed Elon but I would affirm that this is how he thinks, in general. While we may not always be privy to the explanation, there is a rational explanation with thought out reasoning behind what he says. Even being somewhat seasoned, last week came as a shocker but I sold nothing. You'll get used to it :p
This is not to say he is infallible but as a general rule doesn't spout complete nonsense.

PS Elon's up to 35.8 million twitter followers now up from 33.3 last week. How many of those people are going to buy a Tesla? Incredible.
I'll take a "stock is too high" 1 day dip in exchange for 500k fans any day.

Last edited:
Also, while I personally disagree with some of his COVID thoughts it was nice to hear him fully explain his thoughts and feelings on the matter. He seems to be of sound mind.

Whew! You mean musk is not an irrational raving lunatic who is slipping into insanity? Whew!

I can relax now. /s

Sometimes I think the Tesla naysayers get into the heads of Tesla longs and plant little seeds of doubt that grow and fester. Pretty soon the world is a scary place and Elon Musk is an irrational lunatic. People that understand Musk knows he's as rational as they come. Sure, bad data in = bad data out but I happen to agree with his overall take on how poorly we are dealing with Covid-19.

Last edited:
Sure, it's possible. Do you think it would stay up there for the next 13 months?

Q3/Q4 will likely bring in revenue of 9-11 billion each(with Q4 being towards the upper range, possibly 12 billion) which more than supports a stock price of 1,500 which is the equivalent of 285 billion market cap.

Of course once we get into Q1 2021, we can start applying revenue estimate for 2022 which easily supports a share price of 2,000-2,500. 2022 will likely be another year of 50% growth.

This is ignoring any future product developments and announced in Q3/Q4 such as FSD features releasing, TE expansion, etc..

Whew! You mean musk is not an irrational raving lunatic who is slipping into insanity? Whew!

I can relax now. /s

Sometimes I think the Tesla naysayers get into the heads of Tesla longs and plant little seeds of doubt that grow and fester. Pretty soon the world is a scary place and Elon Musk is an irrational lunatic. People that understand Musk knows he's as rational as they come. Sure, bad data in = bad data out but I happen to agree with his overall take on how poorly we are dealing with Covid-19.

Wow, what a load of patronizing BS. Just because he can calmly state his opinions on video does not make them any less problematic. Reducing his views to an "overall take" of "COVID19 response bad" is just ridiculously misleading.

I'm still waiting for any sign of a concrete plan from Elon and/or the company on how to get Fremont up and running, but again today all we got was more head-in-the-sand crap about freedom. Where is the plan? What sort of factory output is possible under various scenarios/requirements? We are likely stuck with extra distancing and protective measures for at least the rest of the year. These are the things that matter and I see no signs of progress, only distraction/denial.

I'm still waiting for any sign of a concrete plan from Elon and/or the company on how to get Fremont up and running, but again today all we got was more head-in-the-sand crap about freedom. Where is the plan? What sort of factory output is possible under various scenarios/requirements? We are likely stuck with extra distancing and protective measures for at least the rest of the year. These are the things that matter and I see no signs of progress, only distraction/denial.

Not sure why we are owed minute to minute updates and details on their plans. Much is out of Tesla’s control - they undoubtedly have responses lined up for various scenarios.