Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk's messaging was emotional and provoked an emotional response. The core of what he was saying was lost in the noise, that's why it was wrong.

What exactly was lost?

I really think you’ve gone overboard. You’re usually really good at just taking things in stride. He hit a personal nerve with you this time, didn’t he?

Nothing has changed. Your investment is as golden today as it was last week. Let it go. It’s not healthy to keep holding the resentment and rehashing. The ending remains the same.

Channel your inner Queen Elsa.

As for the other OEMs and the looming competition that never comes, I'll admit, I have trouble accepting the argument that investors just now recognize Tesla's multi-year lead and that's what is supporting the stock. It's been glaringly obvious for years to even the most casual observer that that is the case. Within the last six months, all this smart money has suddenly become convinced?

Yes, the smart money has finally become convinced. I disagree that non-competition was "glaringly obvious for years to even the most casual observer." Casual observers were hearing a legion of folks like Chanos on CNBC say "Porsche is coming. And Jaguar iPace and Audi Etron."

(start at 2:00)

Now Porsche and Jaguar and Audi have all come, and sucked so badly that even casual observers realize Tesla is way ahead. I think the Taycan release was the turning point. When smart money saw that even Porsche produced pretty lipstick on a high-priced low-range pig, they got the picture. So your statement "within the last six months" is about right.

Those are...spectacularly bad predictions. Par for IEA. They are turning out to be a good contra-indicator.

It's somewhat of a tradition at the IEA at this point, but people still take them seriously for some reason:rolleyes:
iea-prediction-2017-update4.png

Actual cost of utility scale battery storage, vs. IEA predictions up to 2040.:D
EX0y5SUXQAMXTjF
´
Based on this I think it's reasonable to think that battery storage growth is going to massively outperform market expectations over the next few years.
If only there were a company that sells utility scale battery storage, and is about to unveil significant advances beyond the current state of the art in $/kWh..:rolleyes:

AH, So if the IEA is right, Tesla is losing millions for every one sold.

New satellite images on Buildingtesla show the Fremont employee parking lot about half full on Sunday, May 10th. It was completely empty on May 5th. This supports that Tesla has continued to restart production over the weekend. View attachment 541002 View attachment 541003

I'm not so sure. The mix of cars on the 10th appears to be considerably higher-end models compared to the photo from the 5th. More Jags, BMW's and Audi's compared to the Fords, GM's and VW's predominating in the photo from the 5th of May. I wonder what this means? ;)

On a more serious note, I'm not sure how you can tell how many cars are there unless you are looking at a higher resolution satellite photo than the blurry mess you posted! :confused:

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd
I'm not so sure. The mix of cars on the 10th appears to be considerably higher-end models compared to the photo from the 5th. More Jags, BMW's and Audi's compared to the Fords, GM's and VW's predominating in the photo from the 5th of May. I wonder what this means? ;)

On a more serious note, I'm not sure how you can tell how many cars are there unless you are looking at a higher resolution satellite photo than the blurry mess you posted! :confused:

The images aren't higher resolution unfortunately. I find it's easier to see the differences on the website, because you can switch between the images instantly there. Look at the parking lot to the left of the plant, then you should be able to see it.

I expect some will harbor long lasting hostility. It didn't have to go down this way.

Their loss then. For real. Resentful, grudge holding, selfish people get what they deserve, which is a blackhole of Ebenezer they get to carry on their backs, around their necks and ankles.

The whole notion of labeling oneself and others as left, right etc... is absurd, but more importantly it’s limiting. The moment you limit yourself, you fail to see. Bunch of self-made deaf, dumb and blind people walking aimlessly around leading self righteous indignation by the hand.

Uh, no thank you. I’m going to go over here and joyously swim in all the wonderful possibilities that Elon has opened the door to. It’s not relevant if I think he made some mistakes along the way. I’ve likely just made the mistake of thinking you might come around to a more reasoned position.

Yes. Folks shouldn't act as if liberals are necessarily taking offense to the factory opening up - they are most certainly taking offense to Elon repeatedly bringing up pseudoscience.

He could have taking the same course without appealing to ignorance. This would have still gained him conservative fans without alienating people who respect science.

I’m really only seeing you and a handful of others constantly bringing it up for weeks on end.

Let me hold your ass to the fire every single day for something you did that I don’t like and we’ll see how long it takes before you think I’m not just being unreasonable but also being a turd.

You’re behavior is ridiculous right now.

What exactly was lost?
The opportunity to put forward a more positive message and not generate as much hostility. Too many here are simply choosing to ignore the damage he has done, damage which I think could have been avoided.
I really think you’ve gone overboard. You’re usually really good at just taking things in stride. He hit a personal nerve with you this time, didn’t he?
I will never be happy when someone is acting in an irrational manner and going down the wrong path. I am taking this in stride but think there needs to be more of a counterpoint about what has happened.
Nothing has changed. Your investment is as golden today as it was last week. Let it go. It’s not healthy to keep holding the resentment and rehashing.
This really isn't about my investment, which I expect to keep increasing. It's about the poor messaging and tactic which Elon chose. Too many people here are simply happy with anything he does, that's never been me and never will be. When I see better ways to achieve a goal I tend to point that out. I don't consider myself rehashing but simply providing some balance to the narrative that this was all brilliant Elon 4D chess which executed perfectly as planned.

Alameda county sheriff on whether he is going to arrest Musk: (skip to 2:15)
He certainly seems motivated to do so /s:D:rolleyes:
That footage had to be from long ago when they were at full throttle without precautions. At most I saw 3 maybe 4 workers together and they didn't have to be together. They were also already wearing gloves. Most counties in the US have a 6 person or less gathering rule, altho Alameda county probably says you must live in a bubble.

Just food for thought.

Alameda county sheriff on whether he is going to arrest Musk: (skip to 2:15)
He certainly seems motivated to do so /s:D:rolleyes:

Continually amazed at the near zero lack of effort or knowledge by local news stations

Idk, seemed pretty positive to me that out of 10,000 employees they could only find one who doesn't even understand what his own current employment status. He's on furlough which is the same as unpaid leave. Nothing changes about his situation if he decides to stay home. I'm sure the local news station didn't bother to inform of that lol. Though I'm starting to doubt that news station even realizes its the same thing

Yes. Folks shouldn't act as if liberals are necessarily taking offense to the factory opening up - they are most certainly taking offense to Elon repeatedly bringing up pseudoscience.

He could have taking the same course without appealing to ignorance. This would have still gained him conservative fans without alienating people who respect science.

With all due respect can you please reference or quote example of pseudoscience from Elon?

The opportunity to put forward a more positive message and not generate as much hostility. Too many here are simply choosing to ignore the damage he has done, damage which I think could have been avoided.

I will never be happy when someone is acting in an irrational manner and going down the wrong path. I am taking this in stride but think there needs to be more of a counterpoint about what has happened.

This really isn't about my investment, which I expect to keep increasing. It's about the poor messaging and tactic which Elon chose. Too many people here are simply happy with anything he does, that's never been me and never will be. When I see better ways to achieve a goal I tend to point that out. I don't consider myself rehashing but simply providing some balance to the narrative that this was all brilliant Elon 4D chess which executed perfectly as planned.
On point. The gate-keeping on this thread has been frustrating at times. In the same post, someone will excoriate you for sharing a well-articulated perspective on the CEO's behavior, labeling you as obsessed and extreme, while simultaneously preaching open-mindedness and the sanctity of free expression o_O:rolleyes: