Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Yahoo outlook is calculated based on a trend, but it has no predictive ability, then what is the point of calculating/showing the outlook?

An outlook is by definition an attempt at prediction.

Yahoo's valuation and predictions are just Bravo Sierra.
I guess my point is using Yahoo outlook, a completely useless tool, as proof that analysts are useless is not a convincing argument. Cathie Wood is an analyst.

Reactions: oldTAVguy
I still have that buy at $666, lol.
That 666 isn't going to hit anytime soon, IMO. Lower-BB is at $688.46 right now (3:22 pm)

Strong support today at Middle-BB (currently $762.81). It'd take news to move the SP into the lower half of the channel, I think.

Upper-BB steady at $837.15 so the trading channel in the near term is about $690 - $840 (a $150 spread is plenty of churn for MM manipulators, IMO. Here's the Chart:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-05-13.13-22.png

That 666 isn't going to hit anytime soon, IMO. Lower-BB is at $688.46 right now (3:22 pm)

Strong support today at Middle-BB (currently $762.81). It'd take news to move the SP into the lower half of the channel, I think.

Upper-BB steady at $837.15 so the trading channel in the near term is about $690 - $840 (a $150 spread is plenty of churn for MM manipulators, IMO. Here's the Chart:

View attachment 541408
So if we were playing options here to accumulate shares what would be a safe bet? I imagine they’ll keep it down this week

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
If Yahoo outlook is calculated based on a trend, but it has no predictive ability, then what is the point of calculating/showing the outlook?

An outlook is by definition an attempt at prediction.

The keyword there is "attempt". If they don't attempt, they have no product.

Just because someone sells you X-ray glasses doesn't mean you will see all your favorite members of the opposite sex without any clothes on! I learned this when I was 8 years old! ;)

The "personal mini-sub" never panned out either... :(

$60k goes a lot further in TX than CA.

Also, if they don't like it, they can go found their own company. Seriously, these are the inherent risks you take when you are an employee.

Current economic environment, I bet a LOT of Tesla employees would move if necessary. Those that don't, that's just life, you find another job.

No one guarantees anyone anything. Welcome to life.

Sometimes I marvel at the blatant lack of empathy that this board can express.
20k employees work for Tesla in California. 7k just at Fremont.
If you got some money from TSLA, it's thanks to them: Elon, for all his genius, could do *anything* alone by himself.

Luckily for everyone,
I still believe that Elon has more respect than you for his workers.

My point is that again the manipulators were ALWAYS planning to push the SP down to the Middle-BB. Rince. Repeat. Wall St. :p

View attachment 541405
Ignore TA if you're a Buy-n-Hold investor. Pay attention if you want to swing trade to accummulate more shares. That's +10% shares in 24 hrs right up in there, and as predictable as the cycles of the moon and tides.

Jus' sayin'.

So, based solely on your comment above and how long you have been on top of this game, I'm assuming you have at least 10 to 15 thousand shares by now? Because the potential results of compounding 10% gains on every 24 hours (or even every tidal cycle) are truly mind-boggling. ;)

On a more serious note, are you assuming I could sell during the 15 minutes yesterday that it was at $840 yesterday (I must have missed your sell directive) and bought it back during the 3 minute period that it traded below $770 today? I must have missed your buy signal today. Sheesh! I'm leaving a lot of money on the table! Wait a minute! That's only a delta of $70/share (when executed almost perfectly), well below the 10% gains you dangled in front of me! :confused:

Sometimes I marvel at the blatant lack of empathy that this board can express.
20k employees work for Tesla in California. 7k just at Fremont.
If you got some money from TSLA, it's thanks to them: Elon, for all his genius, could do *anything* alone by himself.

Luckily for everyone,
I still believe that Elon has more respect than you for his workers.

Elon and people on this board show respect for Tesla employees on a regular basis. I have the highest respect for them from management to engineers and right down to the line worker on his/her first day on the job. I think that's one of the main reasons most of us are cheering on Elon's decision to get back to work (and the brilliance he used to achieve it). Because they have families and economic demands that aren't going to take care of themselves.

As a side note, I want to add that had Elon simply opened the factory doors without first laying the necessary groundwork, I don't think it would have ended very well for Tesla or the workers.