Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems......foolish

Ford Mustang Mach 1 to return to streets after 17-year absence. Here's what it looks like

You can't keep one foot in each camp, it simply has no chance of working. Massive red flag for F investors.

Don't count the new Mustang out just yet - did you see the specs?

• Modernized Mach 1 badges on fenders and deck lid (Tesla has no badges on the fenders or the deck lid)
  • 4.5-inch exhaust tips (Why doesn't Tesla put big exhaust tips on any of their cars? Not even the Performance versions get them)
  • White cue ball shifter (evokes manly images of driving to the local bar and shooting pool with girls in denim cutoff shorts)
Tesla had better step up their game quickly if they are to capture this kind of discriminating Mustang enthusiast! /s

Don't think they'll try and push it down to $830, would cost a lot and bring a load of puts into play?

But they want it below $1000, that's for sure...

View attachment 552199

It's gonna be a long week for options makers lol.

Market already did a pretty significant retracement this morning from it's gap up and if it holds, I don't really see the markets taking a dive for the rest of the week. Pretty decent volume in Tesla this morning showing there are buyers at these levels. So option makers are really gonna have to put in some work to hold it below 1,000 for the week and they gotta hope no news comes out

I think Autonomy Day was an effort by Tesla to soothe investor nerves over what was about to be very bad Q1 results. It was delivered in a position of weakness so the timing was important. Battery Day, on the other hand, is being delivered in a position of strength, so the timing doesn't matter as much. Battery Day will be a message to investors (and competitors) that Tesla is a force to be reckoned with beyond the automotive sector.

I sent a message to [email protected] complaining about the constant FUD from her. Will fall on deaf ears.

I would have tweeted something to her but she already blocked me from the last time I questioned her motives.

CNBC will probably promote Lora Kolodny to an auto analyst now that you have confirmed her hard work! ;)

Last edited:
Don't count the new Mustang out just yet - did you see the specs?

• Modernized Mach 1 badges on fenders and deck lid (Tesla has no badges on the fenders or the deck lid)
  • 4.5-inch exhaust tips (Why doesn't Tesla put big exhaust tips on any of their cars? Not even the Performance versions get them)
  • White cue ball shifter (evokes manly images of driving to the local bar and shooting pool with girls in denim cutoff shorts)
Tesla had better step up their game quickly if they are to capture this kind of discriminating Mustang enthusiast! /s

Ford still makes cars?????? ;)

Fred has a bad piece on Tesla out. Don't know how to link it so Fred doesn't get ad views, but here it is: Tesla has some major Model Y quality issues - Electrek

I’m sure this is impacting the share price today. I’ve seen a couple of YouTube videos about poor quality Model Y as well, a concerted effort to push a poor quality narrative for Model Y in order to hold TSLA share price down?

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: JustMe and floydboy
Interesting results. I should have made the ranges longer (6 months instead of 3) to cover longer term without having too many options.

While in the aggregate > November 2021 has the most votes (but has an infinite timeframe), this voting believes the maximum likelihood period to reach $2000 share price is between May and July 2021, e.g. a year from now.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.03.03 AM.png

I’m sure this is impacting the share price today. I’ve seen several videos about poor quality Model Y pop up on YouTube as well lately, a concerted effort to push a poor quality narrative for Model Y in order to hold TSLA share price down?

This happens every time Tesla releases a new model. It happened with the Model S, Model X, Model 3 and, now, the Model Y.

Yet Tesla's customer satisfaction ratings are far higher than any other brand. And there are a lot of brands out there.

I'm as bullish as they get, but every new Telsa model has had teething problems, I don't see why MY would be any different.

I expect them to be less than M3 though as they will have learned and improved since then.
Ya, and the youtube clips I saw make it sound like the cars are falling apart. Not questioning anything... outright attack.