Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happens every time Tesla releases a new model. It happened with the Model S, Model X, Model 3 and, now, the Model Y.

Yet Tesla's customer satisfaction ratings are far higher than any other brand. And there are a lot of brands out there.
The first many thousand cars are sold to enthusiasts. I bought an early M3 and the small number of problems didn't bother me much. It was part of being "involved." I believe we'll see the same response from early MY owners.

Fred has a bad piece on Tesla out. Don't know how to link it so Fred doesn't get ad views, but here it is: Tesla has some major Model Y quality issues - Electrek

There are some posts over on Reddit Tesla page that people have refused delivery of their Model Y. I say good for them. Instead of running to a forum or YouTube to complain, just refuse delivery. Elon gets the reports and if there is a trend of returns for a certain reason (paint), it will get fixed.

.. While in the aggregate > November 2021 has the most votes (but has an infinite timeframe), this voting believes the maximum likelihood period to reach $2000 share price is between May and July 2021, e.g. a year from now.
View attachment 552226

Or looking at it from a different angle, 63% think that $2k will be reached in the next 12 months, most likely 9-12m from now .. !

I sent a message to [email protected] complaining about the constant FUD from her. Will fall on deaf ears.

I would have tweeted something to her but she already blocked me from the last time I questioned her motives.

I did get a reply back from their customer care line and they said they will forward it on to her. So I encourage others to send something as well but keep it civil of course.

The first many thousand cars are sold to enthusiasts. I bought an early M3 and the small number of problems didn't bother me much. It was part of being "involved." I believe we'll see the same response from early MY owners.

The customer satisfaction rating is not weighted to enthusiasts or the first deliveries, it includes all deliveries.

Reactions: floydboy
Watch a movie at home and at least enjoy some popcorn. Let things happen, but then I'm always long. Easier on the organs. As the Buddha says, be in the present.
I highly recommend seasons 1-3 of "The Tunnel" a British/French version of the Danish series "The Bridge." I guarantee you will not be disappointed, however you may curse at me because you won't be able to stop watching. Available on Amazon Prime and PBS.

Last edited:
Fred has a bad piece on Tesla out. Don't know how to link it so Fred doesn't get ad views, but here it is: Tesla has some major Model Y quality issues - Electrek

I decided to buy another Model S instead of the Model Y Performance I was this close to buying, because after doing my own research far and wide on Model Y quality issues, I just decided, last thing I want is to have to send my newly-delivered Y 400 miles away (at $1000+ towing fee) to the nearest service center, just to address factory quality issues. I just don't have time for that even if it's a small chance of happening. So I went with the S instead. I'm hoping the S is pretty much good to go.

I know there's a lot of kneejerk rejection of everything Fred publishes, but I can't help but think there's some superfan denial going on here ("my car was fine when delivered, therefore all cars are fine everywhere, therefore anyone saying their car isn't fine at delivery is lying or TSLAQ or both" etc).

She is doing what CNBC expects her to do.
Just look at all those idiots talk about Tesla on the Tele.

Tesla doesn't commercially advertise. Its competitors in the automobile and oil industries do so quite heavily. Advertising is the lifeblood of the media. Negative Tesla comments draw clicks/eyeballs without hurting the publisher's revenues. An underlying intent may be to force Tesla to advertise. Meanwhile, it inspires gratitude from those who do advertise.

Last edited:
Semi OT, but regarding Y build quality. It should be far better than the 3 because it's mostly the same car. Sure the lines are new etc. but still. The issues I'd expect on a new car with the same basic platform are cosmetic/body issues or maybe issues with the line itself.
Sure was a lot of excitement here yesterday regarding the ultra bullish super reversal engulfing luminescent candle of exploding ecstasy.

Can we please have another? I will take a simple cup shoulder handle rocket blast of terminal velocity.

Thanks!
Requires a refractory period.
I decided to buy another Model S instead of the Model Y Performance I was this close to buying, because after doing my own research far and wide on Model Y quality issues, I just decided, last thing I want is to have to send my newly-delivered Y 400 miles away (at $1000+ towing fee) to the nearest service center, just to address factory quality issues. I just don't have time for that even if it's a small chance of happening. So I went with the S instead. I'm hoping the S is pretty much good to go.

I know there's a lot of kneejerk rejection of everything Fred publishes, but I can't help but think there's some superfan denial going on here ("my car was fine when delivered, therefore all cars are fine everywhere, therefore anyone saying their car isn't fine at delivery is lying or TSLAQ or both" etc).
A Y was returned to my local SC for that reason. It was a minor issue but had to be towed back. Tesla didn't want to pay the tow bill for some reason and he was an out of state buyer. Disappointing but my local SC is usually excellent.

I wouldn't put it that way. Some cars do have problems, but the number of cars with problems is highly overstated.