Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We still have a lot of ignorant, for a lack of better words, people (I have some in my family too) who gets turned off by the sticker price, period. These people can buy whole shares but just decide not to. The people who buys fractional shares know better and is a different problem.

Maybe some, but certainly not "a lot." Besides, Tesla's problem isn't that there aren't enough retail investors in the stock.

The truly ignorant are buying up NKLA thinking that Trevor Milton has Elon Musk lightning.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: wipster
haha same. Didn't go on margin though, just sold some good ones that had nice runups.
Hats off to whoever timed the bottom at 180.

One of my buddies bought a SINGLE stock at 178, the very lowest.

Then, when it dipped for Coronavirus, bought ONE more stock at 378, the low point of that dip!

Talk about timing.

I'm glad I was on the right side of that one. I bought down to maybe 240 until I ran out of cash.

I doubled my regular account cash in TSLA when it was going down (around 260), then transferred all my stranded IRAs into one self directed and put it all into TSLA averaging around $240. Lucky and have to give thanks to all the ridiculous FUD to even creating such an opportunity.

Actually these are pretty funny!

What % of your savings/investments are in $TSLA?

If you are 20-30% in Tesla you are waaaaaaay overexposed.

"Not as exposed as I will be when it reaches $1000 per share ;)" Nailed it!

Mar 21, 2019

In today's world of Robinhood, fractional share buying, and zero commissions, most of the reasons for splitting a stock have gone the way of corded power drills:

View attachment 559245

Notice:
1) Recent price rise with accompany # of users holding TSLA
2) More Robinhood users buying starting April Fool's through Halloween, 2019. Then some profit taking, but caught up now.
Disagree. I have a traditional broker, and have had $700 waiting when the stock price was $800. Non margin account. I would be in favor of a 5-1 split at the minimum, 10-1 would make most sense.

Yes, go back and read it. You will see that I was very positive and doubled my position at $184. Before that I was adding on the way down, $240, $220....Hard to believe that was only a year and a month ago.

same

closest i came to using margin.
i actually got daily exposure fee for a day or 2 for too much concentration in tesla at the very bottom

the rest is history

ignoring the noise at the bottom and the top will serve you well.

some will remember i was very pissed off and “vocal” in 2018 about media, shorts, et all, but looking back on it now...
if i didn’t weather that and battle back in late 2018 i probably wouldn’t have handled mid 2019 the way i did

lessons learned, no room for emotion. do what you know is right.

Max Pain for Thursday (market is closed Friday) has gone from $985 (I think) yesterday to $1025 today.

Lots of calls at $1100. And lets not forget even more puts at $200.
We still have a lot of ignorant, for a lack of better words, people (I have some in my family too) who gets turned off by the sticker price, period. These people can buy whole shares but just decide not to. The people who buys fractional shares know better and is a different problem.
This where discussed earlier today as well. I used to be able to buy a Tesla share for my pension savings, not any more.

Buying fractional shares is not an option in all markets and I have no doubt that the result that fewer buy the stock, eventually resulting in a lower than could have been price.

I see no reason what so ever for not doing a split.

pricetargets.jpg

Bloomberg today published a list of analyst estimates for Q2 deliveries. As you can see, many of the bottom-feeders (analysts with ridiculously low price targets) were included, and they make up some of the highest estimates. Moreover, those delivery estimates are totally at odds with their dismally-low price targets. Clearly, someone is gaming the system, trying to jack up the delivery expectations at the last minute but not raising price targets.

* My price targets for the various analysts, on the left, may contain a few that are out of date. I did a quick Google search for them today.