Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a different strategy, my buddy asked me yesterday if I could go 1 week without looking at $TSLA. I laughed of course, but great questions and point taken for this long. I don't think I could do it and still read this forum. Worth considering, bc the swings are not grounded in reality.

Like a kite in a tornado, $TSLA might rise more but you also might lose it on a thin string. I think I'll buy more TSLA Shares at $999, and rebalance again at $1,999. No forecast, sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Our daily dose of comedy. Try not to laugh challenge. I made it 49 seconds.

The highlights:

She thinks you should invest based on cash flows and earnings rather than what people will do... is she freaking stupid? Unless you invest for dividends, you buy a stock exactly because you expect someone to buy it off of you for a higher price in the future. What people do is of course based on things such as cash flows and earnings, but you ultimately invest based on what you think people will do based on that information.

"I would short it if I could, and I'd have a lot of fun shorting it, BUT I don't have a strong conviction either way".... ehm what? :rolleyes: This lady is almost as funny as Adam Jonas.
Indeed. She must have learned standard stock valuation formulas in college. They apply (sometimes) to long established companies in stable industries. They should be tossed out the window, when attempting to evaluate young innovative companies disrupting their industries by plowing revenues into rapid growth. In the cases of analysts of her ilk, common sense is not their strong suit. :rolleyes:
My wording might've been a bit extreme, and tbh she probably just wanted to say people should invest rather than speculate, but she chose extremely poor words to express this that are the exact opposite of the truth. Either way, I won't be putting my money into her fund anytime soon :)

Actually, your comment hit closer to the core of her problem than did mine. Too often analysts assume their stock valuation models properly dictate to investors what they "should" (parent talk) pay for a stock. Rather than "dictate", their models actually attempt to "predict" what investors might be willing to pay for a stock in six to twelve months. But the models are based on a moderate number of variables, that overlook matters of psychology, intuition, changing paradigms, and the prospects for young innovative companies disrupting their industries.

For example, there are more than 7,000 1700-strike call options (which are green) in circulation (puts are in red). Market makers that sold the options will typically buy the appropriate number of shares to delta-hedge the call options so that they're likely to enjoy a profit from the sale as the time value of the option diminishes to zero on Friday's close.
Anyone know if MMs hold enough call covering shares to tangibly assist the ETFs in the squeeze?

OT
Posted this in the Electric airplane thread. We are in Arizona for a few days....
Currently an unconfirmed rumor that Elon is looking for or has purchased property near the airport at Lake Havasu City, Arizona for construction/ testing of aircraft. Source seems to be honest/ truthful.
Thoughts?

As long as the airplanes don't compete for batteries with my Cybertruck, I'm OK with it. ;)

OT
Posted this in the Electric airplane thread. We are in Arizona for a few days....
Currently an unconfirmed rumor that Elon is looking for or has purchased property near the airport at Lake Havasu City, Arizona for construction/ testing of aircraft. Source seems to be honest/ truthful.
Thoughts?
Havasu is rich in Water, Land, and Sun. I lived there for a year as a kid - hotter than Phoenix!

As a different strategy, my buddy asked me yesterday if I could go 1 week without looking at $TSLA. I laughed of course, but great questions and point taken for this long. I don't think I could do it and still read this forum. Worth considering, bc the swings are not grounded in reality.

Like a kite in a tornado, $TSLA might rise more but you also might lose it on a thin string. I think I'll buy more TSLA Shares at $999, and rebalance again at $1,999. No forecast, sorry.

Specifically NEXT week, maybe? How about if you got paid $1000??

No, me neither :(

Anyone know if MMs hold enough call covering shares to tangibly assist the ETFs in the squeeze?

Possibly, but I'm not sure they'll want to "tangibly assist" much, they're there to make money, and as much of it as they can, they'll sell their own kids for medical experiments if they could get away with it.

OT
Thoughts?

I am working on electric airplanes, and to me this rumor sounds extremely unlikely both in terms of location and timing.

I am being negative with this reply and it's not all serious but it is something THEY could do.

Conspiracy theory number 1....
A fund could acquire all the shares they want by paying an MM a fee.
The MM will naked short all the shares and sell them to the fund+ fees.
Next day the fund will then loan out ALL the shares to a short like Chanos.
Chanos will then dump every single one of them on the market because he is a complete moron.
The MM will then use those dumped shares on the dip to cover his naked short.
TSLA will go back where it was.
Chanos will hold the bag... again... I LOVE IT.

Price never relay moves in the long run and funds get all their shares.
That would be a good enough laugh to accept a volatile week.