Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The volumes this week are huge. There are players buying at discount prices. Manipulation? That’s beyond my skill and training — I’m an event trader.

I only purchase leaps based on what I perceive as significant events. I accumulate shares and purchase very long term leaps based on what I see as developing technologies, and developing efficiencies.

With TSLA this ain’t rocket science.

Manipulations only occur between significant events. Maybe I’m wrong, we’ll know after Q2 earnings.

I’m a reductionist, keep it simple.

I'd like to get some input from somebody who understands auto manufacturing in depth. I think we might be radically underestimating the labor/cost savings for building a cybertruck vs a car. Paint alone with the prep, spraying, machine cleaning, touch ups etc. is huge.
Starts with Sandy Munro and others talking about VTOL electric passenger drones... but ...

No Tesla fanboys (unless it's Sandy). I watched it a long time ago, 90 minutes long though and can't remember much except stainless steel / Cybertruck is great.

capex (Capital Expenditure / investment into equipment) Ford F150 vs Cybertruck

50,000 units/yr - F150 is $210 million Cybertruck is £30 million
600,000 units/ye - F150 is $615+ million Cybertruck is £125 million

Last edited:
Here is a 3 month snapshot of our favorite stock.
I imagine this to be like climbing Mt. Everest.

Need a few resting places on the way up.
we are at elevation 1500 feet right now.

View attachment 564806

Please! That's Olympus Mons. ;)

olympus-mons-compared-to-mount-everest-science-photo-library.jpg

"Olympus Mons is a very large shield volcano on the planet Mars. The volcano has a height of nearly 22 km as measured by the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter. Olympus Mons is about two and a half times Mount Everest's height above sea level."

Wikipedia

Cheers!

People ONLY buy subcompacts because they are less expensive to purchase and fuel consumption(cost) is lower. Subcompacts are sub-par in every performance and comfort metric. Period.
IF(when) Tesla develops powertrain and battery technology to provide a "cheap" solution to personal vehicle transport in terms of initial and maintenance costs then no one will think to buy a subcompact. Nor should they.
Average energy consumption is actually higher on subcompacts nowadays due to worse aerodynamics, although that's mainly a problem with highway - it tends to cancel out in the city where lighter weight wins.

However, outside of nations with wide open spaces like those in North America, subcompacts are a significant market, between parking and road width concerns. A Model 3 is a big car in much of Europe or in Japan (and in fact, the Model 3 is at the very legal limits of fitting into Japanese parking infrastructure).

Tesla doesn't need to make a subcompact now, and as I've suggested earlier, a compact would make more sense given limited resources (larger addressable market, easier to optimize as an EV), but if Tesla wants to maximize addressable market, then a subcompact (and maybe even a size class smaller than that, for things like the colossal Japanese keijidosha market as well as the A segment in Europe) would be a good idea eventually.

Of course that is true, and so is the fact that no one wears masks, have parties etc etc.

Crazy yanks! I don't wear a mask outdoors as the risk of infection or infecting others is very low, but in indoor public places always wear one. Just seems basic common sense to me.

Anyway, this ain't the C19 thread... Shame the American government is a shambles and can't give correct direction to its citizens, but on the other hand, why can't people think a bit for themselves?

Am I the only one who suspects we may have an announcement for GigaAustin and GigaTulsa at the same time? Austin was told 5k, jobs, Tulsa 7k+. Perhaps Austin will be battery production and Tulsa will be CT.

No. Why you may ask? One word:

lo·gis·tics
/ləˈjistiks/

noun
plural noun: logistics
the detailed coordination of a complex operation involving many people, facilities, or supplies.​

I thought of a question for the folks more knowledgeable about investing. Some have mentioned Tesla having a secondary to the FUNDS if include TSLA gets include in an index. Seems to me that would be a pretty large amount of shares. My question is can those funds then turn around and loan those shares out?

I would think they can. If that is the case I have no interest in Tesla making a secondary offering to any fund for any reason. To add 20 billion to the shares shorted would simply drive the price down significantly at some point with more manipulation power.

Reactions: lafrisbee
Starts with Sandy Munro and others talking about VTOL electric passenger drones... but ...

No Tesla fanboys (unless it's Sandy). I watched it a long time ago, 90 minutes long though and can't remember much except stainless steel / Cybertruck is great.

capex (Capital Expenditure / investment into equipment) Ford F150 vs Cybertruck

50,000 units/yr - F150 is $210 million Cybertruck is £30 million
600,000 units/ye - F150 is $615+ million Cybertruck is £125 million

Sandy neglects the costs of building a battery manufacturing plant, likely since he's got zero experience in spec'ing one out.

600K Cybertrucks per year @ 200KWhr each will need about 120 GWh/yr of batteries. But Sandy doesn't consider that in his cost estimate. o_O

Do you assume the information is wrong or are you of the opinion this news should not be publicized as it could affect stock price negatively?

The information may be correct but it is very poorly presented. It is presented as if they will totally shut down the Fremont factory, which is highly unlikely. Model S&X will probably continue with no interruption, Model 3 may even continue on GA3 uninterrupted. (It is likely that just GA4 will be impacted.)