Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see that in Fidelity. The June 2022 3500 calls are $340, so that seems like a pretty good arb option, if its real. Sell one 2022 and buy 80 2024 at the same strike price? Too good to be true.

Except the price might spike to $2,500 by Friday, leaving your 7/24s worthless, and hit $3,500 the following Friday.

Selling calls on TSLA for $4 is like picking up pennies in front of a steam roller.

(3500-1500)*4000 = 8M
4(premium)* 4000 = 16K

$8.16M profit worst case scenario ... in like < 7 days :)
if exercised, could still buy back 2200 shares at that price.

(+ I would like to think strikes this far out are bought by MM & Shorts ... as insurance .... so more reason to fleece them in their own game)

Last edited:
Anyone know if MMs hold enough call covering shares to tangibly assist the ETFs in the squeeze?

If you are asking whether the hedging done by market makers who sold call options is driving the price of TSLA up, the answer is a definite yes. In fact, it certainly is one of the biggest forces of all driving TSLA higher, given the over-the-top number of call options being sold.

For earnings I'm looking at opening some 7/24 call debit spreads to try and defray some of the outrageous premium. I think a pop is likely, but $3,500, and to a lesser extent even $2,500, is extremely unlikely (at least by 7/24). Just listen to the sentiment on this board - sounds like a fair number of longs would be willing to sell out at those levels this quickly.

Still trying to figure out what strikes I'd use, and I could be running out of time -- I can envision one last run-up to earnings starting as soon as tomorrow or Friday.
Or today :)