Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is unfortunate because the name is Model 3, or just 3 for short. It is not, and has never been, 'M3'.

BMW has held the trademark for 'M3' since 1986.
Look bubba, you are knockin heads with some full on lazy asses when it comes to trying to get them to write with regards to standard norms to improve understanding.
Most around here still refer to the factories with a number even though our Ultra-leader has stated several times that the number system for Gigafactories leads to confusion. And instead they should be referred to buy the location of the factory.
That is MY take on it.

This is unfortunate because the name is Model 3, or just 3 for short. It is not, and has never been, 'M3'.

BMW has held the trademark for 'M3' since 1986.

The reverence that some people pay to BMW in a Tesla board surprises me. We all know what someone means when they say M3 here. Now I personally refer to it as the Model 3, but I don't give a sugar about BMW's trademarks. If someone wants to refer to the BMW M3 here, they can call it a BMW M3.

Oh, c'mon. Most things in that video were sloppy. No particular reason to believe any of their numbers. "M3" indeed.
Exactly because that video is sloppy, I don’t expect them to came up with the number by doing research, using total capacity/cell capacity etc.
So I suspect they heard the number from some line workers or low level PR/managers, and used it as is without a second thought.

Since it's slow...

Screenshot_20200718_201210_com.android.chrome.jpg

:D

Screenshot_20200718_201236_com.android.chrome.jpg

@rdalcanto, the results are quite striking. If the poll were to be asked to those outside of TMC I'm positive the results would be reversed. TMC contributors and readers have knowledge, and this knowledge is a very powerful thing. Thank you TMC! I now get all my daily news from TMC except the local weather forecast.

It will be embarrassing if 97%+ of TMC users are wrong.... :eek:

Look bubba, you are knockin heads with some full on lazy asses when it comes to trying to get them to write with regards to standard norms to improve understanding.
Most around here still refer to the factories with a number even though our Ultra-leader has stated several times that the number system for Gigafactories leads to confusion. And instead they should be referred to buy the location of the factory.
That is MY take on it.
Don't forget to add and 'pee on both hands in the bathroom.....' :p:p:p

• Love
Reactions: lafrisbee
Fwiw, another reason for fast chinese industrial construction is that footings and foundation usually precede both building approval and environmental approvals. (Because just being allowed to lease land in an industrial park carries a defacto level of approval anyway.)

Really? Fact check. You can't build a foundation without permit. You can't even dig a hole. My neighbour was slapped with a Stop Work order while digging the hole for their new home foundation, prior to any foundation work being started. Yes, to speed up a project, many construction managers will apply for the foundation permit separately when the above ground structure has yet to be fully designed. Sequential permitting. This allows them to start on site construction before the building is fully designed.

A foundation in China has to be registered with the Ministry of Civil Affairs in Beijing or with a provincial, municipal or local Civil Affairs Bureau. The Civil Law in China distinguishes between public foundations (that engage in public found raising) and private foundations (that engage in non-public fund raising).Jun 21, 2017

My last post on construction management as there is no place in this thread for such a beast.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
so much noise on this thread...
@JHoff90 , right you are. When I first started reading the Investors' thread on TMC I could get through reading all posts after 5 minutes each day, including the links provided. Back in May of this year I took a breather from TMC due to the level of noise and missed out on the rapid SP rise. The noise here is a small price to pay (it is free actually) for all the valuable information so gracious provided by most excellent posters of which I do not consider myself as one.

Now I will do my part to reduce the noise level by going into self exhile and not posting here again until next weekend.
(Please refrain from the Love and Like ratings on this post or I will be offended).

Wishing everyone on TMC a healthy, happy and prosperous week.

Common sense grunglingly accepted at Elecktrik (a full day after the 'clix' are collected):

Panasonic denies ’13 million battery cell per day’ production at Tesla Gigafactory Nevada

"Panasonic denies the ’13 million battery cell per day’ production at Tesla Gigafactory Nevada disclosed in a new inside look at the factory. Yesterday, we reported on the science channel…"​

No linx, No clix for redFay. Deal with it.
OH Fredy... *face palm*
Screenshot_20200718-211253_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200718-211108_Twitter.jpg

Incredible effort Frank. Again! Thank you for putting so much time into this endeavor. Next time I'm in Singapore tacos on me from the little joint across the street from Raffles! Upgrade to Nouri if your high end targets are accurate! :)

I just did a large write up on TSLA's S&P 500 inclusion for anyone interested. Reading this forum during the past few weeks I found that there were still a surprisingly large number of misunderstandings when it comes to the S&P 500 inclusion, so I hope this might help clear some of that up:

Tesla's S&P 500 Inclusion: Predicting TSLA's post-inclusion stock price

Im talking industrial situation, my old employer did work in china (related to lithium) and you as a foreign company dont get to lease land in an industrial estate without a defacto understanding of what your factory is going to be.

The act of leasing land in an industrial estate give permission to to do excavations and work upto ground level before environmental and other approvals. Effectively this includes earthworks, plumbing and early concrete works.

(Im not talking about mum and dad sized business, this is listed company working in a location whose chemical production would dwarf anything my country does in that field)

Very different to my country, its probably 17months just to get through the EPA....