Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you read the bad math in the article?
I did see some really bad ideas and dumb thinking quoted below

"Choi, who bought a Model S, said the company’s shares are supported by its many fans buying stock. Convinced of Musk’s vision, Choi bought when Tesla shares tanked in the past.

“I am getting more confident about Tesla,” he said. “I will sell Tesla stock when other automakers introduce better electric cars than Tesla at competitive prices.”

lucky for him his confidence will not materialize any time soon even dumb asses will make $ on TSLA

Wait, we're in the wrong stock. NIO is up 15% :)
I am getting red, and getting a wrap. Probably a gold color, but there was a member here who had a truly lovely neon teal color. However, it is a $3-5k temporary option that'll need to be replaced from 3-5 years, and every time you take it off you're just depressed at the underlying results.

It is also sad to see the dark blob scattered with white images of all the Tesla's waiting to load onto ships.

View attachment 566745

Look at that; even the red is muted. Why can't there be a yellow, or an green?

Is anyone here NOT upgrading before the wrap needs to be replaced?

I sold all my options today just before close and bought some shares on margin instead. I cashed in all the high premiums but I'm now on 15% less deltas. I lost so much on IV crush in the past that I don't want to go through earnings with options any more.

Bad move?

Reactions: dc_h
Please keep posting your next resistance levels.....so that TSLA can blow through them in 30 seconds :)
It’s nice to have fans! The next one was 1656 but TSLA Ah said screw it...1669 it is!

And just to be fair to resistance levels, once they are passed you see a healthy gap up into the next one. It’s not my fault TSLA is so strong haha

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
I sold all my options today just before close and bought some shares on margin instead. I cashed in all the high premiums but I'm now on 15% less deltas. I lost so much on IV crush in the past that I don't want to go through earnings with options any more.

Bad move?
You should just sell covered call with higher strike to pocket some money

Reactions: Cherry Wine
Tesla share rally propels some early fan investors to riches

Tesla share rally propels some early fan investors to riches

Snippet: Discussions about Tesla on online retail investor forums have surged, with users debating whether to hold their shares in hopes of even higher returns or cash out.

Told y'all they've been snooping this thread!!

Nice article. I like the quote from a small investor they interviewed, “Tesla has treated me well so far. I believe in their vision and I believe in Elon Musk” - That's awesome!

What's the share goal? Infinity for me....:)

I'm selling 30% of my holding just short of $3000, I've been here since $25 in 2012 and that will be the time and enough money for me and the wife to leave the day jobs and have financial independence. If I'm lucky enough to do that on a squeeze and it falls back considerably afterwards, I'll probably re-buy all or most of the shares, pocket the difference, and ride back up. If not, fine, the money is for us to enjoy life and I'm not going to worry about extra growth I could have had!

In any case, the remaining 70% is staying in until at least $10k to provide us with an early retirement beyond out wildest dreams of only a few years ago!

Man, I really love Tesla and Elon Musk, :) Unlike a lot of other forum members, who were successful to begin with, I'm just a modest, lower middle class, UK guy, who only expected to have close to a million pounds in his lifetime by normal retirement age if I was lucky. Here I am at 52 with over £1.8 as of today.

Sincerely, well done and congratulations to all of us who have kept the faith and care for the future of our planet. As for TESLAQ, shorts, & the anti EV/Renewable, fossil fuel lovers. Screw 'em! they get what they deserve.

Semi-OT but it's seriously killing me that the Cybertruck is so far out. Dying to get a tow vehicle for a camper trailer or to build some sort of camper in the bed. A Sprinter style Tesla van would also be a solid possibility. I just can't bear the idea of buying an ICE truck or Van.

How in the hell is Mastercard still a viable entity in 2020...let along a mega-cap? Sorry.....OT rant.
They have an excellent scam setup where they take a piece out of most financial transactions in the US. That's how. ;)

Too much of that and you will be prostrate.
Not judging at all but some people are into that.

• Love
Reactions: Runarbt and mekberg