Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Excuse me.....can I buy your shares for $1485?"

bml.gif

this is wrong on literally every point.

- please do not ditch the dashboard display. This is Tesla's upscale luxury offering.
- please don't put the center display on a pole sticking out of the console like the Model 3 (although i fear that might be inevitable).
- do please refresh the exterior (even if only slightly). It is great, but *ancient* by automotive standards. It should reflect Tesla's pace of innovation. Not stagnation.
- please update the range, charging speed, and performance. (this stuff probably comes practically for free just by implementing tech and lessons learned from 3/Y)

What luxury offering? Roadster 2 and Cybertruck DO NOT have a dashboard display, period.

Allegedly Toyota his ready to present his solid-state battery:
COVID-19 Prevented Toyota From Presenting Solid-State Battery Prototypes

They say it will be avaliable before 2025.

COVID has been a godsend for the laggards in the industry.
All those new EV models we've been promising you? "Pushed off to next year (or maybe more) because of COVID".
Solid state batteries? "Still someday in the future (because, you know, COVID)".
Hydrogen? "Still coming, but pushed off a couple more years. We're going to do BEV's first now."

Model 3 is way more agile than model S, though my preference is to look forward
And not sideways when I drive.

:rolleyes:

You can see your speed in your peripheral vision. You can’t be complaining about looking at maps because that has never existed in a forward facing dash except for Tesla. You can’t be complaining about changing radio stations or such because again it’s always been to the right.

Let’s talk about what’s NORMALLY available on the instrument cluster BEHIND the steering wheel.

Oil temperature - oops
Speedometer
Odometer
Rev meter - oops
Gas gauge
Trip meters
Engine and assorted what’s happening under the hood check lights - oops
Your door is ajar
Your seatbelt isn’t on
Some odds and ends in fancy cars

The last three are often redundant to the RIGHT

Your argument is a non-starter. People have been looking and fiddling to the RIGHT since cars were invented.

If you want to hang your hat on ‘Eyez gots to look forward every single second’ then

A) campaign for HUDs on every vehicle produced from this day forward
B) don’t look sideways unless the car is in AP to significantly reduce your chances of driving into a ditch or other vehicle

Last edited:
COVID has been a godsend for the laggards in the industry.
All those new EV models we've been promising you? "Pushed off to next year (or maybe more) because of COVID".
Solid state batteries? "Still someday in the future (because, you know, COVID)".
Hydrogen? "Still coming, but pushed off a couple more years. We're going to do BEV's first now."

'Good' excuses, poor vehicle sales. Tesla - great vehicle sales. You'd think they'd learn, but the excuses will continue until the debt overwhelms them and pensions are wiped out.

TSLA? But you can already get that with qTesla Stock on the dash. :p
But in my case, only recently. Late '16 S with a near non responsive browser was not practical. Now that I have finally been able to upgrade to MCU2 (and HW3, which is moot) I might be tempted. ;)

On that note though, the $2500 upgrade was well worth it, and reaffirms why Tesla is leap years ahead of others. Upgradeability is priceless.

:rolleyes:

You can see your speed in your peripheral vision. You can’t be complaining about looking at maps because that has never existed in a forward facing dash except for Tesla. You can’t be complaining about changing radio stations or such because again it’s always been to the right.

Let’s talk about what’s NORMALLY available on the instrument cluster BEHIND the steering wheel.

Oil temperature - oops
Speedometer
Odometer
Rev meter - oops
Gas gauge
Trip meters
Engine and assorted what’s happening under the hood check lights - oops
Your door is ajar
Your seatbelt isn’t on
Some odds and ends in fancy cars

The last three are often redundant to the RIGHT

Your argument is a non-starter. People have been looking and fiddling to the RIGHT since cars were invented.

If you want to hang your hat on ‘Eyez gots to look forward every single second’ then

A) campaign for HUDs on every vehicle produced from this day forward
B) don’t look sideways unless the car is in AP to significantly reduce your chances of driving into a ditch or other vehicle
You are only convincing yourself, keep at it.