Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is one huge factory they are building there. Do we know what is the current production capacity for Model 3? I think they were aiming for 4K per week by end of Q2. Anybody have information on what they are at now and what they are aiming for Q3? Q4 will likely include some low production volume for Model Y.
Calling on @Troy who has addressed this on Twitter.

As seen on twitter. “It’s becoming increasingly obvious that Tesla is going to be a very large company”.

View attachment 570193

"raising our 2030 volume forecast to 3 million"

Let's assume no new factories in 10 years. Fremont and Shanghai produce 500k each. Berlin has 2m estimated capacity once fully completed and Austin is larger than Berlin... 0,5+0,5+2m+3m = 3 million. Of course it's 3 million.

Seriously, his $10 price target made a lot more sense than this forecast.

Here's an example of leveraging the transitive property of equality to solve a problem:

1. Tesla wants nickel for batteries.
2. Tesla CEO = Elon Musk.
3. Elon Musk = SpaceX CEO.
4. SpaceX has rockets.
5. SpaceX rockets can land in a zero-atmosphere environment.
6. Many asteroids have high nickel content.
7. Asteroids have no atmosphere.

Draw your own conclusions.

Here's an interesting video of The Angry Astronaut who explores the subject of asteroid mining and the crucial role that Mars and SpaceX will play into that.. It is easier to mine an asteroid in the asteroid belt from Mars than to mine the Moon from Earth.. Which is probably one of the reasons Elon wants to go to Mars. The estimated value of the "16 Psyche" asteroid is $700,000,000,000,000,000,000..

The Angry Astronaut - YouTube
04320B55-E400-48C1-A83D-5133146444B6.png

Twice in a row the market has risen sharply into FOMC meetings only to drop immediately afterward. I don't know what else it expects beside "there are a lot of risks in the market and we'll maintain monetary policies as accommodating as possible"
Am I missing something here?

Could be some clever play to allow some indexes to load up a bit?

TBH I don't see any reason on the options this week to cap it to $1500, especially as there are a LOT of puts at that price. Maybe only thing is that if they let their foot off the brake then it could get away from them, so they prefer to keep it low while they can.

Other than that, I think all eyes are on the S&P500 gang right now, waiting, waiting, waiting... Maybe a holding reply like "Yeah, give us a break, we're looking at it" would be helpful...?

But for sure someone in their organisation read the Q-10, wouldn't have got the debt upgrade otherwise...

Elipses... I love 'em... Sorry @Intl Professor

I reported here a couple years back when this issue was being discussed at that time for the 1,000th time that I’d been sitting beside a Maserati in a traffic jam with the nastiest wave in the door panels.

It’s all just disingenuous talk. Every OEM struggles with panel gaps on various vehicles. And many have had decades and decades to not perfect their techniques in every area; recalls anyone?

Yeah, well, Maserati had embraced poor quality, with its CEO actually saying he wanted his cars to have: "adorable handcrafted imperfection." https://www.automobilemag.com/news/maserati-chief-harald-wester-wants-cars-with-soul/

Here's an interesting video of The Angry Astronaut who explores the subject of asteroid mining and the crucial role that Mars and SpaceX will play into that.. It is easier to mine an asteroid in the asteroid belt from Mars than to mine the Moon from Earth.. Which is probably one of the reasons Elon wants to go to Mars. The estimated value of the "16 Psyche" asteroid is $700,000,000,000,000,000,000..

View attachment 570299

That's no moon!

• Funny
Reactions: ThortsMD
The "action" starts around 9'30"... Spoiler - there is no factory, it's an old car-park by the looks of it... Better than a muddy field, I suppose, or a bat and ant infested forest...
NOT SO FAST... the right scam artist can truthfully state that parking lot as "We have already constructed 250,000sqft of desert into essential usable work space.

"raising our 2030 volume forecast to 3 million"

Let's assume no new factories in 10 years. Fremont and Shanghai produce 500k each. Berlin has 2m estimated capacity once fully completed and Austin is larger than Berlin... 0,5+0,5+2m+3m = 3 million. Of course it's 3 million.

Seriously, his $10 price target made a lot more sense than this forecast.

Not to mention that Tesla’s own “bear case” of 40% CAGR when applied to production gets them past the 3 million mark four years ahead of 2030.

Know where it puts them in 2030?

14.5 million.

The "action" starts around 9'30"... Spoiler - there is no factory, it's an old car-park by the looks of it... Better than a muddy field, I suppose, or a bat and ant infested forest...

I've been through there many times. I love Arizona, but this is the least attractive part of the state. They will not get the best engineers to go there. It has long commutes for any workers now and they will have to build housing. This is a terrible place for a high tech endeavor.

Edit: Austin is about 1,000,000,000 times better in every way. And I live in the Hill Country west of Austin.

Last edited:
Legacy lobbying against mpg improvement annoys me very much because of the message it portrays. "Our engineers are too dumb to meet this challenge". Very un-American.

Right, but those same engineers could easily add 50 more horsepower to your car instead. And the next year. And the next year. Although I've been a motorhead all my life, and love HP, I have found it rather irritating that it seems that is the only thing they have to entice the customer back each year (except maybe 2 extra cupholders).

And Jessica from Arizona (to go 10:25)

sry couldn't resist.

I'm trying to imagine the original purpose of that seemingly abandoned parking lot in the middle of nowhere? Perhaps it was actually built recently for all of the engineers, assemblers and construction workers that will be arriving daily from nearby homes in the surrounding desert area. ;)

View attachment 570299
Kinda looks like a turtle head...