Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone watch the fullycharged review of the Polestar 2? It appears to be relatively on par with the M3 from the reviewers perspective (whom I respect).

My main takeaways from the review are:
  • Android car OS doesn't suck
  • The supercharger network is a bigger moat for Tesla than I had initially thought
  • Even a 10 year EV cheerleader can treat Tesla like (i assume) Americans see the Yankees, begrudgingly acknowledging their skill but getting joy out of seeing real competition - Honestly I can't believe Rob is this giddy reviewing a vehicle that is just on par with the current leader.

Is the Model 3 LR's range different in England? It's 322 miles in the US, not 280 miles.
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 3.11.19 PM.png

Mayor can easily achieve his goals for the city regarding traffic and pollution and a handful of side benefits that comes from a minimum telework schedule for city workers after all this. Productivity has been great during these past 4 months but for some stupid reason, will most likely not even consider 1 day a pay period telecommute. Speaking for a friend.
I think a lot of companies will switch to default remote and justify why you need to be in an office. Too much real estate savings and a big opportunity to have people on call 24x7. But you’re right, many company and governments will not learn from this.

It feels like the SP is being pinned down to keep it at 1,500 rather than held up. If it stays near 1,500 tomorrow, which is what I expect, I am going to add to my calls expiring Oct-Dec and add some weeklies for next week. Normally I sell OTM puts and calls and I have mostly puts expiring tomorrow, but I’m not selling any. Alls for next week. This 1,500 daily pin seems fabricated. It is likely due to a pending S&P inclusion with secondary offering as we are all expecting. I expect a healthy rise once those are announced (maybe this weekend or early next week).

MarketWatch - hour ago: Tesla fans snap up bonds tied to car maker's leases, its first such offering during pandemic

Excerpt:

Tesla Inc. TSLA, -0.77% saw high demand this week for a bond deal tied to leases on its electric vehicles, a first of its kind during the pandemic. As investors piled orders into the 8-tranche bond deal, the car maker was able to borrow more than $700 million at cheaper levels than initially anticipated. Specifically, its largest $215 million slug of AAA-rated bonds that mature in 1.1-years cleared the market at a spread of 35 basis points above a risk-free benchmark to yield 0.56%.

MarketWatch - hour ago: Tesla fans snap up bonds tied to car maker's leases, its first such offering during pandemic

Excerpt:

Tesla Inc. TSLA, -0.77% saw high demand this week for a bond deal tied to leases on its electric vehicles, a first of its kind during the pandemic. As investors piled orders into the 8-tranche bond deal, the car maker was able to borrow more than $700 million at cheaper levels than initially anticipated. Specifically, its largest $215 million slug of AAA-rated bonds that mature in 1.1-years cleared the market at a spread of 35 basis points above a risk-free benchmark to yield 0.56%.
Could this have any relation to the raising for a&p

CNBC really likes to post FUD for TSLA....Here is a headline for GM who just posted huge losses:

View attachment 570712
and here is one for TSLA:

View attachment 570713

Really cant stand seeking alpha....so much FUD even when its evident TSLA is revolutionizing everything

Which automaker heavily purchases advertising time from the media, and which never does? Follow the money. :rolleyes:

Did anyone watch the fullycharged review of the Polestar 2? It appears to be relatively on par with the M3 from the reviewers perspective (whom I respect).

My main takeaways from the review are:
  • Android car OS doesn't suck
  • The supercharger network is a bigger moat for Tesla than I had initially thought
  • Even a 10 year EV cheerleader can treat Tesla like (i assume) Americans see the Yankees, begrudgingly acknowledging their skill but getting joy out of seeing real competition - Honestly I can't believe Rob is this giddy reviewing a vehicle that is just on par with the current leader.

Although Rob admits he is not a professional auto reviewer there are some glaring mistakes in the comparison to Model 3. Polestar 2 used in the review seems to have the performance package which has the 20 inch wheels and upgraded suspension and brakes. Whereas the Model 3 AWD he has, if I recall correctly has the default 18 inch wheels. I think this is the main reason that makes him say he is able to take a specific corner during his test drive much faster in the Polestar, than he could with his Model 3. Also when comparing the Model 3 AWD range (280 stated vs 322 actual) and 0-60 times (4.6 stated vs 4.4 actual) Model 3 specs seem to have been lowered to make it seem like it is a much closer comparison to the Polestar 2 than it is in reality. There is no way he would not have known that his Model 3 has a range greater than 300 miles. Also he did not mention the headroom in the second row and the hump in the floor for the Polestar 2 which make the second row not very comfortable for tall adults. Overall it seemed like a feel good review more than any thing else.

Last edited:
CNBC really likes to post FUD for TSLA....Here is a headline for GM who just posted huge losses:

View attachment 570712
and here is one for TSLA:

View attachment 570713

Really cant stand seeking alpha....so much FUD even when its evident TSLA is revolutionizing everything
Reeking..er.. Seeking Alpha's Mo has always been to muddy the waters with FUD when it comes to Tesla. I've always thought of them as a bunch of mudderfuders!

Last edited: