Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe getting OT, but don't hybrids use the engine to charge the battery to move the car? But if it's using the generated power realtime, the the battery is less stresses?
at least with the Prius, the gas motor is tuned for higher RPM performance and has very little torque at low RPMs. Therefore the electric motor is required to start moving the car from a stop.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL
What do you expect? Its Jonas....nothing he says makes sense.
I'm wearing this meme out
3pk6ke.jpg

wow, that is some funny ****!

Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems to me that they are raising their valuation of $TSLA based on the premise that Tesla would sell batteries to third parties? When Tesla still doesn't make enough to supply their own (growing) needs so they have to buy from others (e.g., Samsung, CATL) and this dearth has -- at least as far as I can tell -- resulted in delays for vehicles and holding back the energy side.

I can't imagine Tesla selling batteries to anyone else for years, if ever.
Elon did say on the Q2 CC that while he can’t say much but he can confirm that GF Berlin will produce its own cells. So what would you guess that he cannot say? Could it be that Tesla will produce supplies for other OEMs in effort to hasten their conversion to produce EVs to save the planet?

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Well this was the wrong week to sell covered calls.:( I don’t want to part with the shares for tax reasons. What’s the best way to recover from this mistake? Buy back the option before it expires tomorrow?

You can roll it to a higher strike in a subsequent week. That just postpones the potential pain however.

Yes, roll up and out. Had to do mine yesterday and today. Currently have CCs. $1,800 strike expiry Aug 28......These are trading shares exposed so if needed I will roll to $2,000 tops and let someone have them at $2k early Sept.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
amateurs.

josVBjv.jpg

When you get to my age, you might need a 43" 4K (will probably be 32K by then) monitor!

How's the coding going? That's why you need 3 monitors so you can pretend to work in screen #1, while on TMC and watching TSLA in screen #2, and spending most of your time playing a video game in screen #3! :rolleyes: Nice gaming keyboard and mouse, btw. What game is that, "PizzaPants"? // that's one of the character names in the game

(the indented spacing was removed when I posted so I added '.')

private static void getSummaryReportDate(String category) {
:
:
....File hostfile = null;

....// first, process the hosts file
....for (file.this...
........// the first line should tell us what all the keys are.
........String[] thesekeys = cvsReader.readtext();
:
}

Keys to what? LOL

I always lined-up my curly braces. Makes the code much easier to read IMHO:

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
....while (true) // let's fork off new processes "forever" until we hang the CPU!
....{
........int pid;

........pid = fork();

........if (pid > 0)
........{
............cout << "New pid = " << pid << endl;
........}
....}
}

See?
/s

I think if the macros cooperate on Friday the daily high will exceed $1,700 but we won't hold it going into the weekend. Anything could happen over the weekend, you know...

Last edited:
How's the coding going? That's why you need 3 monitors so you can pretend to work in screen #1, while on TMC and watching TSLA in screen #2, and spending most of your time playing a video game in screen #3! :rolleyes: Nice gaming keyboard and mouse, btw. What game is that, "PizzaPants"? // that's one of the character names in the game

it's one monitor. 5120x1440. :)

and the game is Diablo 2. I have 4 bots running at all time, farming for high end items. after playing it for almost twenty years, the meta-game of tuning those bots and measuring their efficiency is a lot more fun for me than killing the same monsters for (literally) the ten thousandth time.