Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does it work well? I am thinking about getting one. I wish it didn't cut on some random pattern because at least on your picture I can see the cut/path lines.
I'll start an appropriate thread.
It works really well. The reason you do see those cut lines is because at the time of that photo it had been operating for all of 30 minutes (e.g., also in the pic are our trencher and homemade cable-layer for the 2,300 feet of periphery wires we had just finished emplacing). Now, some weeks later, its cuts are invisible.

Help to sell a Model Y today to a neighbor. Good to see the non-early adopters getting comfortable buying a Tesla. Someone I would not normally expect to want a Tesla. She had never asked me about our Tesla's earlier than today. She is currently driving a 8-10 year old Acura. She had test driven a Model Y but was still concerned about charger for her home. I explained the charging options (Hardwired or NEMA 14-50) and she told me she was going to go order with my referral code. She wants further help "with all the screens in the iPad" when she gets it.

Latest NASDAQ short interest report as of 2020-08-14:

12,312,197 shares shorted (+3.07%)
$20,323,866,709.87 at risk (+18.9%)
Ihor's guess: I had to guesstimate off of the graph because he didn't post an estimate on the 14th, but he got the direction completely wrong, and his estimate was something like -13.6% from the real number of shares shorted.

upload_2020-8-25_22-21-19.png

Our buddy GJ....talking out of his arse again. It is so comical to see this guy and how convincing he tries to be. Stay classy GJ :) comparing the Tulip bubble to $TSLA.

Oh, our star analyst #6,149 out of 6,888 Analysts on TipRanks with an average return of -4.1% -- that is a negative sign , not a typo! Mind, you he is still not the worst analyst on the planet (but pretty close).

Why don't Tesla make a trailer with a battery pack under the floor. Then we get the extra range when we need it. Could be for general hauling. And someone like Airstream could build a camper on top of it.
A killer setup would be a trailer with a drive unit and a battery. Use the battery/motor to help push uphill or if you have plenty of juice, and then instead of using trailer brakes use the DU to regen the battery when slowing down. It would really need to be supplied by Tesla so that it integrated into the car to avoid the truck and trailer being at odds in regen/accelerating.

The battery could recharge along with the truck at a station and also power the camper itself at your destination.

Exxon is only one of numerous descendants of Standard Oil though...
Yeah but...Standard oil was broken up into many companies yes, but Esso (Exxon) and Mobile (I didn't remember the name until I looked it up) became dominant players globally and merged again into Exxon Mobile. I think this is the closest we can get to "Standard Oil".

Last edited:
Help to sell a Model Y today to a neighbor. Good to see the non-early adopters getting comfortable buying a Tesla. Someone I would not normally expect to want a Tesla. She had never asked me about our Tesla's earlier than today. She is currently driving a 8-10 year old Acura. She had test driven a Model Y but was still concerned about charger for her home. I explained the charging options (Hardwired or NEMA 14-50) and she told me she was going to go order with my referral code. She wants further help "with all the screens in the iPad" when she gets it.

The EV revolution is indeed fully in motion. I cannot tell you how many conversations I have had in the past couple of weeks.

1. Random truck driver stops by at a supercharging station Iowa to inquire about range and warranty etc. We also started talking about trucks and he did not seem convinced that EVs could work for trucking.

2. DoorDash delivery sees my Tesla and says “Is this the car that drives itself”. Yes and it needs supervision but works really well for long trips and reduces a lot of stress. His response “must be nice” :)

3. I stayed at hotel in MIssouri and random conversation with a very nice gentleman(probably 65 years old) who started asking about Tesla cars. He was from California and was asking how the infrastructure is if you want to go coast to coast. He knew the difference between autopilot and FSD which sort of surprised me.

4. Random conversation with starter at golf course as I’m waiting to be paired up. Asks me how charging works including the usual “where do you charge them”? He said he wished he owned some TSLA. I told him the split is happening soon and he said he will look into it.Told him it’s a really tiny portion of my portfolio ;) and wished I had more.

For people who think the stock will drop next week think again, TSLA and Tesla are now dinner table conversations in most houses and pretty much any gathering. I wish Tesla had done a 7 to 1 but then again the board probably did not expect this kind of appreciation in stock price.

I almost feel like we are EV ambassadors now and should continue to focus on the mission and educate people. Make no mistake the revolution is in motion.

Last edited:
I almost feel like we are EV ambassadors now and should continue to focus on the mission and educate people. Make no mistake the revolution is in motion.
I've felt that way from the start for sure. I think the high SP is creating an excellent feedback loop as you mentioned. Last year an acquaintance from business school reached out and asked me about my Tesla experience (having seen me rant on FB). He wanted one but wasn't sure the company was stable. One of this friends was pushing him to not buy one. I pointed out that while I thought it was unlikely the company would go under, that worst case another company would buy them out and serve the fleet. He bought an SR+ and is quite happy with it.

From some idiot who thought Tesla had no "secret sauce"

Well, it's not like we are manifesting money out of thin air, somebody has to fund our retirement! :)

According to automotive expert Sandy Munro, anyone who didn't buy Tesla stock is in "la-la land".

That raises two questions:

What do you call someone who shorted TSLA? o_O
What do you call someone who bought TSLA but sold it at a low price because they thought it was "over-valued"?

1CA337F3-E631-4266-B446-A954EAA6E5BC.jpeg
60595F40-4416-4DFA-B9F6-6F827AEB158D.jpeg
6540E653-CFFB-4217-A16F-B4D46DB3967B.jpeg
6E6BECE9-D6C1-466F-9628-549807DC4DFF.jpeg
1CA337F3-E631-4266-B446-A954EAA6E5BC.jpeg
I can’t wait for the Cybertruck and adding even the smallest of batteries in the camper would help. I laughed so hard when the guy from Cupertino said he never worries about charging. I can’t drive east out of Arizona and any way I please. Go check the Kayenta Supercharger thread it has been promised for year while Ca got at least 20 more stations. We have to juggle how to leave the state to the north or south. When the Cybertruck starts rolling out of Texas I’ll be smiling large and wondering when they’ll make the trailer to go with it.

Well, it's not like we are manifesting money out of thin air, somebody has to fund our retirement! :)

According to automotive expert Sandy Munro, anyone who didn't buy Tesla stock is in "la-la land".

That raises two questions:

What do you call someone who shorted TSLA? o_O
What do you call someone who bought TSLA but sold it at a low price because they thought it was "over-valued"?
In this case, a junkie who's potentially a terrorist
Nguyễn Vũ Sơn
I've submitted a tip to the FBI. Does anyone know whom I should contact for swift action against this?
Untitled56.png

Last edited:
I'd love to see Tesla put a Sprinter body on top of a Cybertruck chassis/drivetrain with on-board air compressor, 240V outlet, and solar panels on the roof, sides and photovoltaic glass windows so that the battery can charge during the day.

You can't put a van body on top of a Cybertruck chassis because the CT body IS the chassis! The Cybertruck is shaped like a girder bridge which is how it gets it's load carrying capacity. A van, built using the same exoskeleton concept would need to be completely redesigned from the ground up.

You can't put a van body on top of a Cybertruck chassis because the CT body IS the chassis! The Cybertruck is shaped like a girder bridge which is how it gets it's load carrying capacity. A van, built using the same exoskeleton concept would need to be completely redesigned from the ground up.

A halfway point is a van which docks elegantly on top of the cyber truck bed.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
View attachment 580732 When the Cybertruck starts rolling out of Texas I’ll be smiling large and wondering when they’ll make the trailer to go with it.

You can be certain it would look nothing like that - from an 'engineering for efficiency and range' perspective, everything about it is inelegant and "'wrong'.

Oh, our star analyst #6,149 out of 6,888 Analysts on TipRanks with an average return of -4.1% -- that is a negative sign , not a typo! Mind, you he is still not the worst analyst on the planet (but pretty close).
You know we are all waiting to hear what price analyst #6,888 has. It's your duty to find out for us.

Last edited: