Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this fighting about valuation makes me think you guys are in the wrong stock.

Tesla's valuation was always detached from reality sort of speak, and even then it's way way way less detached than say Nikola.

We awarded Tesla more valuation than Ford when they couldn't even prove they can mass produce. We continued to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt even when they demonstrated mass production was challenging and the clutch was "well Elon can raise cash anytime he wants".

So the fact that we are 10x those levels now that Tesla is not only executing but better than expected for one straight year now suddenly become a problem? Come on guys, Tesla is more reasonably valued today than anytime in it's existence. Back in the days we gave this company a chance after Elon predicted less than 10% of succeeding and demonstrated 3 times with near bankruptcy that his prediction wasn't an exaggeration.

Last edited:
Waiting for @Artful Dodger with an official pre-market high so far, but looks like we hit as high as $2,187! :eek:

NASDAQ says we peaked at 2188 this morning. The volume has picked up quite a bit and just looking at the order flow it looks like some serious accumulation going in the 2165-2170 range, lots of them in blocks of 100 shares. We have already traded 300K shares so really nice consolidation.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm so sick of seeing tinfoil hat analysis of every Elon tweet. OMG, he said "Some people like tacos" Get it? Some People..Tacos. SP.T... S&P Thursday!!!"

Nah.. still kinda fun imho. :)

Elon do have some weird tweets, and a history.. so u never really can se never.. But I get you. ;-) It is kinda far fetched..

(Seriously, Elon would never tweet about Tacos!)

• Funny
Reactions: EV forever
I don't know about you guys, but I'm so sick of seeing tinfoil hat analysis of every Elon tweet. OMG, he said "Some people like tacos" Get it? Some People..Tacos. SP.T... S&P Thursday!!!"

Good Point.
1. Only S&P knows, EM doesn't.
2. Once EM knows, he would not tweet prior to announcement, else SEC will be on his ass.

Conclusion, EM is as anxious as us :)

VW to Test Fleet of Self-Driving Cars in China’s Newest EV Hub

Volkswagen AG plans to roll out its first fleet of self-driving test cars in Hefei, an eastern Chinese city that’s emerging as a hot spot for the nation’s electric vehicle ambitions.

Ten Audi e-trons, VW’s premium electric SUV model, will be deployed in the city’s Haiheng district in a community that’s home to about 400,000 people and about 80 kilometers (50 miles) of roads with intelligent car-friendly infrastructure. Residents will be able to hail one of the Audis using a VW app.

Ten cars...it's something I guess.

Nah.. still kinda fun imho. :)

Elon do have some weird tweets, and a history.. so u never really can se never.. But I get you. ;-) It is kinda far fetched..

(Seriously, Elon would never tweet about Tacos!)
Nobody is perfect.

So August is the middle month of this quarter. And it is a special year.

85 cars sold in Q1 middle month (February) by Tesla here in Norway
32 cars sold in Q2 middle month (May)
189 cars sold in Q3 middle month (August) and August got several days left

The ships must have started early this quarter. Puts a :D on my face!

I know there is lies, da** lies and statistics. And Norway is not a large part of the European Tesla market anymore. But it looks good to me.

Source: Tesla Registration Stats
Norway was very important to me ... my 2016 summer trip to Norway convinced me to pull the trigger on my Model S purchase ... my first Tesla showroom visit was in Oslo on Karl Johans gate... I figured a country that derives its pensions from oil was one of the biggest Tesla markets at the time must be on to something ... rest is history ... love Norway !!!

Last edited:
C'mon man, everybody knows it's "Taco Tuesdays!" S&P inclusion this coming Tuesday!!!:D

If the collective here is right then get ready for inclusion in just the next week or two!

When will S&P 500 be announced?

1. Pre 31st Aug
    9 vote(s)
    9.8%

2. 31st Aug to 2nd Sep
    25 vote(s)
    27.2%

3. 3rd Sep to to 6th Sep
    22 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. *
    7th Sep to 13th Sep
    16 vote(s)
    17.4%

5. 14th Sep to 20th Sep
    6 vote(s)
    6.5%

6. 21st Sep to 27th Sep
    4 vote(s)
    4.3%

7. 28th Sep to 11th Oct
    5 vote(s)
    5.4%

8. 12th Oct to 31st Oct
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

9. Nov
    5 vote(s)
    5.4%

10. Dec
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

11. 2021
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

12. 2022
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Poll - when will S&P 500 be announced?

In other words...

1D2618EB-05B3-442A-8E3A-3D8B89561E96.jpeg

Solid point. Guess I am being greedy. Want to know how to do something other than just ride the roller coaster.

So the only way in the end is to trade in and out expertly and somehow do better after paying half in taxes. Or trade expertly into the puts as the temporary slide occurs. And actually exit in timely fashion. Either way not very likely.

Maybe I should buy more? Funny, 1000 was my cutoff for buying but now that just looks remarkably dumb. Gotta love the stock market....

All is good. Thanks for response.
buy more on a macro dip ... the onset of covid -19 in feb-march gave us all a great buying opportunity ... dollar cost average on the way down.. I did this in Feb/Mar/Apr and got shares at what now are huge discount ... i really though i overpaid in February ... in my only mistake was not buying more shares :(

2/24/2020 $ 840.00
2/25/2020 $ 800.00
2/27/2020 $ 725.00
2/27/2020 $ 683.95
3/6/2020 $ 690.00
3/9/2020 $ 610.00
3/12/2020 $ 563.00
3/16/2020 $ 450.00
3/17/2020 $ 423.00
3/18/2020 $ 355.00
4/1/2020 $ 477.69
4/1/2020 $ 478.02

not advice

must have patience ... which after 30 years investing i am still working on o_O

and looking at my own behavior I am not sure why I did not continue to buy on the way back up to $800 since i thought $800 was a good price in February...

I bought more shares at $1600 after 2Q earnings .... which really felt like i overpaid ... time will tell :rolleyes:

Last edited: